MLB 2021 - Vaccinated and Ready to Go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so so so excited to be going to a baseball game on Saturday.
I'm still pretty pissed off with the Cubs, their ownership, and Rizzo being an anti-vaxxer, but at least my money's going to the Dodgers instead?

Eh, whatever, Baseball!

I don't like how MLB shifted the blame to the players and also did not do this in an offseason, which might have helped prevent injuries, but the ban on sticky substances is....uh.... working.

https://twitter.com/No_Little_Plans/status/1408441561902354434?s=20

E4vJsksXoAEhKH_

You forgot Bryant being a Trump supporter.

:sad:

Oh boy, I must've blocked that one from my memory. I think I put all of the bad stuff on Rizzo and thought he was the Trump Supporter.

I'll never forgive the WS winners who made that second trip to the White House.

Last edited:
Not even remotely surprised that about 97% of the crowd at Dodger Stadium was unmasked.

Somehow managed to be surprised that the Cubs fans next to me were openly flaunting that they were not vaccinated. Unmasked, of course. So much for that policy.

Rizzo, your attitude fucking matters.

I'm honestly at a point where I'm ignoring the personality of almost all baseball players because I have not enjoyed most of what I've seen the last few years. I just stopped buying merch and watch the game.

In retrospect "Bobby Bonilla Day" is lazy horse shit peddled out to the rubes every year for clicks.

The money saved by deferring Bonilla's contract allowed the Mets to sign Mike Hampton. Mike Hampton was the best pitcher on a team that made it to the World Series that year.

When he left the Mets received a compensatory draft pick from Colorado. They used that pick to select David Wright.

Deferred payments are incredibly common. Boston is still paying Manny Ramirez.

Max Scherzer's contract is up this year - but the Nats will pay him $15 million a year in deferred money from 2022-2028.

The Orioles will be paying Chris Davis $1 million a year until he's 51.

The Braves stopped paying Bruce Sutter $1 million a year this year.

The Red Sox will bay Chris Sale $10 million per year from 2035-2039.

But yea, cool, Bobby Bo Day.

That’s sort of the point of my comment. Though they’re paying a heck of a lot more money in dollars, the amount of money in baseball has arguably outpaced the ratio of the payout versus the salary he was owed.

Yea I mean it's just a lazy attempt at a lolmets moment that even an ounce of research will disprove, yet every year here we are.

Even if deferred money wasn't incredibly common? The Mets got a World Series appearance and one of the most beloved players in franchise history out of the deal. How much revenue did that Subway Series generate? How many David Wright jerseys were sold?

But nah, Bobby Bo Day y'all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom