MLB 2020- Coronavirus Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it feels like a missed opportunity for MLB not to have a 1pm game today when there are no sports on TV. Why couldn’t they stagger the games?

Yeah, even if it's a weekday I gathered a number of people working from home could have a game on the background (like I think the NBA and the NHL will be doing).

Anyways, at least we get a good 4pm game. Looking forward to seeing Cespedes in an actual game.

I forgot how to watch this many games at once.

This is too fun.

My team isn't even playing and I'm ecstatic. Flipping from game to game, basically.

Shane Bieber is a beast.

In this moment of global upheaval, we must all come together to hate the Astros.

Not even Covid can revive interest in baseball for me.

Well, you're here in the MLB thread posting, so there is a faint flicker of interest. :wink:

After watching a few games with no fans, the "weirdness" has kinda gone away. Kinda reminds me of watching high school baseball.

Sox pitching rotation 2019:
Chris Sale, David Price, Eduardo Rodriguez, Nathan Eovaldi, Rick Porcello

Sox pitching rotation 2020:
Nathan Eovaldi, phanan, Mrs. Headache in a Suitcase, speedracer, John Henry.

2 conclusions:

1.Sox suck.
B. Bet the over , destined to cash at least 40 out of 60 games if the season reaches completeion.

Well, you're here in the MLB thread posting, so there is a faint flicker of interest. :wink:

After watching a few games with no fans, the "weirdness" has kinda gone away. Kinda reminds me of watching high school baseball.

I haven’t watched a marlins game since the Stanton trade and I have no desire to do so.

I’ve been to one Nats game though.

I thought there were false negatives for COVID, but never false positives? Was that something else I heard that about?

Get anitram in here. I’m sure it’s dependent on the type of test and I would not be surprised if the MLB or other sports leagues are using different test types for speed.

This Marlins situation is... definitely not good. First weekend of the season and there’s an outbreak in a team already.

That's just cause it was the Mets.

:lol:

Shit, I'm sure you might slightly remember the old days in the late 70's/early 80's when Shea was called Grant's Tomb. Their attendance averages were in the low thousands.

Also reminds me a little of 2009 when Yankee Stadium III opened and all of the expensive seats behind home plate and the dugout were empty because nobody wanted to pay $2,400 for a ticket to one game. :wink:

I mean, of all the sports they were already kind of set up with spring training sites to attempt a bubble.
Of course Florida and Arizona both went to shit in the last month so either bubble would have failed miserably anyway, but surprised they didn't start out with a bubble plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom