The Vinyl Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had minimal luck so far on my top picks. No Red Hill or Bowie yet.

I did grab The Cure acoustic set, the Blade Runner soundtrack and a Sharon Jones single.

Not a RSD release but I did also grab an original radio test pressing of The Fly for $5.

Going to try one more place, then I'm calling it.

So after all that, I walk into Rough Trade on Sunday at 4 pm and find several copies of Red Hill Mining Town! And of course Rough Trade had by far the longest line on Saturday, so long that I didn't even bother as I figured everything would be sold out.

They must have gotten a ton of copies.

So after all that, I walk into Rough Trade on Sunday at 4 pm and find several copies of Red Hill Mining Town! And of course Rough Trade had by far the longest line on Saturday, so long that I didn't even bother as I figured everything would be sold out.

They must have gotten a ton of copies.

Strange. I stopped by on Sunday too and couldn't find it. But also didn't bother to pay too much attention.

I'm curious to know if the HTDAAB vinyl improves on the mastering at all. Everyone made fun of Metallica for how unbelievably shitty the Death Magnetic CD sounded, but they fixed some of the issues for the vinyl because, had they left the levels where they were, the record would have exploded.

I'm curious to know if the HTDAAB vinyl improves on the mastering at all. Everyone made fun of Metallica for how unbelievably shitty the Death Magnetic CD sounded, but they fixed some of the issues for the vinyl because, had they left the levels where they were, the record would have exploded.

My understanding is that it is an exact repress of the original vinyl release - which is 1,000,000 x better than the clipped-to-buggery cd.

it's often very fun to look for random jazz records in Tower Record in Osaka because there's always some cool shit. i found this GoGo Penguin record i happen to like

Probably to the much chagrin of Laz, I picked up Thriller. It arrived today. Hard to believe I'd only ever heard 3 songs from it before I listened to it today. That said, I now know where some of Kanye's most famous samples come from. Ha! Anyway, what a great collection of songs, even if the production seems cheesy to modern standards. Immediately love it! Again, can't believe I'd never heard it before.

Probably to the much chagrin of Laz, I picked up Thriller. It arrived today. Hard to believe I'd only ever heard 3 songs from it before I listened to it today. That said, I now know where some of Kanye's most famous samples come from. Ha! Anyway, what a great collection of songs, even if the production seems cheesy to modern standards. Immediately love it! Again, can't believe I'd never heard it before.

This floors me..that you'd never heard it all before. But stoked that you've (re)discovered.

Curious, which 3 songs were the ones you knew? There were at least 5 or 6 top 40 hits I thought.

The closing track remains one of my favorite slow jams of all times. Stellar.

This floors me..that you'd never heard it all before. But stoked that you've (re)discovered.

Curious, which 3 songs were the ones you knew? There were at least 5 or 6 top 40 hits I thought.

The closing track remains one of my favorite slow jams of all times. Stellar.

Thriller, Beat It, and Billie Jean.

5839E8DB-FD3E-47D9-9284-E93A4A480276.jpeg

B4B1D2C4-7799-4304-9B93-158AEAA201FA.jpeg

The kid from Inhaler is on the cover of this album by this band.

$35 is quite steep, but I really want the blue Zooropa vinyl:

U2T84114.jpg

The golden Joshua Tree vinyl is also pretty cool, but I spent a lot of time in the audiophile version when they released the remastered, so not buying this again.

U2T84113.jpg

Back
Top Bottom