Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I listened to it, and I'm a fan:drool: Justin does a great job on it too. I've been so worried that it would sound like just like all the other crap on the radio, but it stands out and is miles better in every way. Madonna's just got it.:heart:

I am a huge Justin fan too, btw, so I wasn't ever as worried about this track.

I like Justin well enough, and wasn't really bothered by Timbaland's involvement. I was just hoping it wouldn't be a big hip-hop influenced mess or something.

I'm looking foward to the album. I added it to my wishlist on Amazon - I didn't realize it was coming out so soon! I just assumed it would be coming out later in the year.

corianderstem said:
I like Justin well enough, and wasn't really bothered by Timbaland's involvement. I was just hoping it wouldn't be a big hip-hop influenced mess or something.

I'm looking foward to the album. I added it to my wishlist on Amazon - I didn't realize it was coming out so soon! I just assumed it would be coming out later in the year.

I've heard late March and April as release dates. What is Amazon saying?

More word on next Monday's Rock Hall induction from Perez:

As we mentioned last week, Madonna is set to be inducted into The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on March 10th in New York.

Mister Timberlake is set to present her.

Now, according to Rolling Stone, it is being revealed that none other than Iggy & The Stooges are going to be performing for her Madjesty at this year's induction ceremony.

At first, it might seem like an odd choice, but…

Both Madonna and the band are Detroit natives and Iggy Pop also opened for her at the Dublin stop during her Reinvention Tour back in 2004.

Other acts scheduled to perform that day include Patti LaBelle (for Gamble & Huff), Damien Rice (for Leonard Cohen), James Cotton (for Little Walter), and John Mellencamp and the Ventures which are both being inducted.

This is a pretty big deal for Madonna.

U2isthebest said:
So Madonna's not performing then?:eyebrow: I thought all the acts being inducted performed.

I think it means that Iggy & The Stooges will be her backing band. Usually the inductors jam with the inductees (like Dave and Taylor from Foo Fighters with Queen) so it looks like they're choosing Iggy to perform with Madonna over JT, which I way prefer.

dsmith2904 said:

I think it means that Iggy & The Stooges will be her backing band. Usually the inductors jam with the inductees (like Dave and Taylor from Foo Fighters with Queen) so it looks like they're choosing Iggy to perform with Madonna over JT, which I way prefer.

Ok, thanks!

U2isthebest said:

Maybe you should branching in to some actual ROL songs on your iPod.:lol:
That's the plan, but I'll do it at my own pace. Don't push me :angry: I'm old and resistant to change :angry:

kafrun said:

That's the plan, but I'll do it at my own pace. Don't push me :angry: I'm old and resistant to change :angry:

Conservative stick-in-the-mud.:madspit:

On a side note, I was just reminded that today is the 10th anniversary of the "Ray of Light" release.:yippie:

Happy Birthday to one of my all-time favorite and one of the greatest albums of all time.:love:

I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

I think the combo of Iggy and Madonna is ... interesting. And potentially really cool. Or really funny. Maybe both.

I agree with the sentiment, though. What kind of bullshittery is it that you don't perform when you're being inducted? Unless she has two broken legs or laryngitis, that is.

corianderstem said:
I agree with the sentiment, though. What kind of bullshittery is it that you don't perform when you're being inducted? Unless she has two broken legs or laryngitis, that is.

I completely agree. She may have a good reason, though, so I don't want to rush to judgment. I can understand why FOX News hates her though, she and her Erotic books and burning crosses made teh kidz have sex and all that.:yes:

Though I only care for the old Madonna (Cherish, True Blue, Borderline, Lucky Star etc. :reject: ), I'm a big fan of the What it feels Like for a Girl video. :drool:

corianderstem said:
Apparently, Madonna will not be performing. :(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335868,00.html

The article is a bit bitchy, but I have to say that I kind of agree with them.

What a HUGE letdown. That was really the only reason to watch the show this year. I wonder if it was her choice or not. I mean even Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony showed up last year as "Van Halen" to be inducted. WTF? :|

Back
Top Bottom