Madonna appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick said:
I love Madonna...yet I don't have any of her CDs. :reject:

Love is a strong word, but I do like her, and have some of her songs :shifty: I think I do have the first album, and yes, I mean vinyl :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I saw her live during whatever tour she did after the release of Music. I think it was the Drowned tour.

I still wear the pink "Material Girl" shirt my friend bought for me at that show. :wink:

That's awesome:love: *Jealous*. I hope she actually comes to Detroit on this tour. She hasn't been here since Drowned World.:(

U2isthebest said:

That's awesome! Have you seen every tour then?

No not every tour, but Drowned World, Like a Virgin and one other I can't remember which one but awesome live!

one4u2 said:

No not every tour, but Drowned World, Like a Virgin and one other I can't remember which one but awesome live!

Sweet! I'm hearing now that the album won't be out until the end of April, at least. I'm guessing we might not get a tour until '09'. I don't think my college student bank account can handle a Madonna tour and a U2 tour in the same year.:uhoh:

U2isthebest said:

Sweet! I'm hearing now that the album won't be out until the end of April, at least. I'm guessing we might not get a tour until '09'. I don't think my college student bank account can handle a Madonna tour and a U2 tour in the same year.:uhoh:

Madonna and U2 generally tour back-to-back now because they share a lot of the same tour personnel.

dsmith2904 said:

Madonna and U2 generally tour back-to-back now because they share a lot of the same tour personnel.

I did not know that. Cool!

I remeber that they were often in the same cities just weeks apart during Girlie Show/ZOO TV. I have a friend who lived in Australia back in the early 90s, and was at the Sydney U2 show that was filmed for ZOO TV. A week later he went to the Madonna show in Sydney that was filmed for the Girlie Show. :love:

Last edited:
dsmith2904 said:
Just read that Justin Timberlake is inducting Madonna. That makes me very sad.

I'm a huge fan of Justin, and I think he's brilliant. However, I really wish someone else, someone that's already a legend, should always be the inductor.

Hard Candy... what a fucking bad name for a Madonna album. No way this title has half of the originality and musicality (and rhythm of the words of the title) of other past titles. Is not as strong as Like A Prayer, Bedtime Stories, Ray Of Light or even Music (this one is simple, but ambiguous and can have lots of meanings).

I still don't like what I'm listening from the snippets of new songs that leak on the internet.
I can predict that this is the first album I won't love since Ray Of Light.

"The Power of Goodbye" is just about my favorite Madonna song. I have lots of them, been a longtime fan, more from the late 80's early 90's than now but still respect her.

I'm glad she's getting inducted.

U2isthebest said:

I'm a huge fan of Justin, and I think he's brilliant. However, I really wish someone else, someone that's already a legend, should always be the inductor.

I actually think it fits. Who would your choice be for an inductor?

I always choose my purchase of a Madonna album by if I like the first single or not. It's not an automatic "she has a new album, must buy it" type thing like other artists. I still don't own American Life - that may be the only Madonna album of the past 10 years I don't own. :hmm:

I always choose my purchase of a Madonna album by if I like the first single or not. It's not an automatic "she has a new album, must buy it" type thing like other artists. I still don't own American Life - that may be the only Madonna album of the past 10 years I don't own. :hmm:

I think it would be amazing if Prince inducted her.:drool:

I'm not too enamored by the new album's title. And nothing against Timberlake, but if he appears multiple times on this, I don't know how much I'm going to like it.

I'm getting the feeling it won't be anywhere near as good as Confessions, which was fantastic. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

American Life is just Madonna's best, most encouraged and underrated album.

I would have liked to have seen Gwen, Pink, Kylie, The Spice Girls or any of a dozen other successful female artists who Madonna laid the groundwork for. I also have a major thing against JT because of the slickness with which he threw Janet Jackson under the bus after the whole Super Bowl thing.

I'm as excited for this Madonna album as I have been for each one since "Ray of Light" (that's when I really grew into my fandom). She's had a couple that are growers and I like that process of learning an album, of slowly falling in love with it. That's how it was with "Music" and "American Life" was a bit like that as well. Totally worth it.

And I'm always up for a new Madonna tour. For those who haven't seen her yet, you really owe it to yourself to check it out. She's like no one else.

I found a download of 4 Minutes To Save the World, recorded from a radio station in France (judging by the French language yammering at the beginning).

... I think I kind of dig it.

Yeah, let me upload it and I'll email you the link.

Bear in mind, it's not great quality, as a radio rip. :)

corianderstem said:
Yeah, let me upload it and I'll email you the link.

Bear in mind, it's not great quality, as a radio rip. :)

That's ok! I'm not going to be picky about sound until the album actually comes out.

Is it bad that I'm going to buy the album on iTunes and on CD?:reject: It's just that I have every other U2 and Madonna album on CD, and I don't want to break the streak. I doubt I'll even listen to the CD.:lol:

:lol:

I figured maybe there were bonus tracks or something available only with the full album purchase on iTunes.

But glad I could help you save $9.99. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom