Desert Island V Album Game: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this completely. 160 to 120 isn't large enough of a drop IMO. All that will do is cut a handful of tracks and make it more frustrating for those of us who want to make something with a more epic feel. If it's set at 80, everyone will look at the tournament differently, and adjust accordingly. Their lists will be better for it.

I like the 80 minute idea, as I'm sure I already stated. Easier to listen to.

So... too much interest in DI5 at the moment to fit everyone in (and/or to change the rules). Guess that would f**k up all of you who have been working on your playlists for months :wink:

So we've had our first drop out. Here's our updated list:

1. phanan
2. Axver
3. KhanadaRhodes
4. phillyfan26
5. LemonMacPhisto
6. LemonMelon
7. Zootlesque
8. AtomicBono
9. bono_212
10. DreamOutLoud13
11. RegularBonoFan
12. Screwtape2
13. Mr. V
14. impy13
15. GirlsAloudFan
16. the tourist
17. Alisaura
18. The Sad Punk
19. BigMacPhisto
20. DaveC

Alternate 1: Lancemc
Alternate 2: GibsonGirl
Alternate 3: hardyharhar
Alternate 4: Joey788

I'm assuming by GG's post that she's interested.

I believe hardyharhar requested to be in prior to GibsonGirl (see page 5). :nerd:

Hey Phanan, I'll run the Post-Tourney Awards if you'd like that to appear again.

I think 80 minutes is too short for the immediate future. I think for a tourney of 24, 120 is a good time. If we expanded to 28/32/whatever, though, 80 would be much better.

Well 120, to me, makes more sense than the current 160, as 120 is 2 hours. 160 is just 2 cds. :wink:

Yeah, but you structure your lists around CDs. If we change from 160 to 120, versus 160 to 80, it'll be like changing from metric to whatever the hell the US uses. :lol:

I like being able to split my lists down the middle and putting them in the car or something.

The CD format is a real help though.

unrelated, but: does anyone have Firebreather by Thrice in mp3 or DRM-free aac? It's the only song I can't find.

Welcome.

About the length change, why don't we get through this tourney first then worry about the next one later, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom