Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They played Lost the night before instead of Lovers in Japan. I want to see them both!!

Could not have agreed more. The more songs in the set, the better! Doesn't hurt a bit. Both should be played as well. Not one night Lost!, one night Lovers In Japan.

I also noticed that they took out Politik in lieu of Don't Let It Break Your Heart, cause Politik was played at the 2011 shows in Europe. Why not play both! :doh:

Ehh... as much as I dug Mylo Xyloto I think I'll be skipping them on this tour unless tickets are relatively cheap. No Parachutes besides Yellow, and just THE HITS! outside of the new album, cool as it is they're playing Warning Sign.

Speaking of Coldplay randomness..

I never realized how phenomenal of a song Fix You is.

I can send you about a million links if you need evidence! It's my favourite song by them. The Glastonbury performance is amazing!

If they drop The Scientist, I won't be happy. However, there is NO chance of that happening... :wink:

I wasn't all that familiar with Warning Sign, however, it is quite beautiful. I loved when they screwed it up in Calgary, admitted it, joked around, and then resumed! :lol:

I'd pay the price of admission for the rush at the beginning of the show with the wristbands. I don't want to spoil it, but the videos give me goosebumps. I can't wait to see it for myself! :love:

I can send you about a million links if you need evidence! It's my favourite song by them. The Glastonbury performance is amazing!

If they drop The Scientist, I won't be happy. However, there is NO chance of that happening... :wink:

I wasn't all that familiar with Warning Sign, however, it is quite beautiful. I loved when they screwed it up in Calgary, admitted it, joked around, and then resumed! :lol:

I'd pay the price of admission for the rush at the beginning of the show with the wristbands. I don't want to spoil it, but the videos give me goosebumps. I can't wait to see it for myself! :love:

Judging past videos, when the wristbands turn on as Mylo Xyloto / Hurts Like Heaven starts, it gives me chills. Really cool thing to give audience members as they walk in the venue, have them be "part of the show". I really need to see them live on this tour! :love:

I can relate way too much to Fix You. Dunno how I never saw it. Never really listened. There are those three or four songs that I keep near and dear to me, and I think it's time to make room for another.

Dfit00 said:
The entire X&Y album is phenomenal

Incorrect, please try again.

LuckyNumber7 said:
I can relate way too much to Fix You. Dunno how I never saw it. Never really listened. There are those three or four songs that I keep near and dear to me, and I think it's time to make room for another.

What are the others?

I love Fix You. Fuck the haters.

I agree Square One is the best on that album though, one of the few salvageables.

However, if they'd like to randomly drop The Scientist at the Seattle show, I'd love them forever. :whistle:

*Narrows eyes* This sentence. I do not understand it.

Seriously, fine, yeah, they don't have to play it in Seattle, then. But I definitely want to hear it in St. Paul.

Most headlining sets for established bands go 2 hours or close to it.. However, the Foo Fighters usually go 2.5 hours. For comparison. U2 360 had 24 songs, Bruce plays 25 songs, Foo Fighters 24 songs, Coldplay 20. For a band with as much catalogue as they have, that's kinda pitiful.

Ah, okay. Well, that's not a hugely drastic difference in amount of songs (18, on the other hand...yeah, wow, short indeed-the Muse show I saw in 2007, they played 17 songs), but still, agreed, throwing a few more songs in would be great. I wouldn't mind hearing "Lost!" at all, that song kicks live, and if they could play "Yes" (I'd KILL to hear this one), "Trouble", and/or "Amsterdam", that would make me a happy, happy girl, too.

I love Fix You. Fuck the haters.

Hell, yes :up:. Second favorite Coldplay song, right behind "The Scientist".

I do have to disagree with you a bit on X&Y, though, there's some good stuff in there. "Square One" is indeed fantastic (that song was running through my head at work tonight, actually. The fact that our computer system is entitled Square One probably factors a lot into that :p), yes, but I also quite like "What If", "X&Y", "The Hardest Part", and "Talk"-those are my particular favorites. Like I said, the biggest issue with that album, I think, is mainly just a bit of editing here and there.

Is anyone else reminded of Clocks when they receive an email notification through Microsoft Outlook?

LuckyNumber7 said:
LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends
The Killers - Losing Touch
U2 - Bad
The Airborne Toxic Event - Numb

All for their own very specific reasons.

Didn't know you were an LCD fan, nice. :up:

Oh yeah and Low and White Shadows are pretty great too. I still quite like Talk and Speed of Sound. That's all, I think.

icon38.gif

Square One and What If are the X&Y songs I like quite a bit. I can listen to White Shadows, Talk and Speed of Sound also.

MX has two or three songs I like.

Speed of Sound is one that they have said they don't like playing live. I'd love to hear that and Trouble .

Me too. I didn't mean that in too bad of a way. I still really like the song, it's just very similar but not as good in my opinion.

I do agree, actually! The thing is, they could do both, keep both Lovers in Japan and Lost, and play Trouble. That would make the show feel more complete IMO.

The Vancouver show last night was phenomenal!! :up: I've avoided this thread on purpose because I wanted to be totally in the dark about everything. Damn, was it ever worth it! The wristbands were so fucking cool. I felt like a total dork, but I screamed like a little girl when they lit up for the first time. :lol:

There were LOTS of 4/20 jokes from Chris, and it seemed like everyone in my section was smoking pot. :wink:

I'm so glad I got to go.

Setlist is looking pretty solid. Love that Warning Sign is getting a run, but wouldn't mind seeing God Put A Smile... rested on this tour in favour of a Parachutes/X&Y album track.

The only thing I'd say about "God Put A Smile..." is that I'd love to be able to hear a version of that song with all the lyrics-I'd love to sing along to the full words of that song. But it's still incredibly fun live from the clips I've seen nonetheless.

Thora, I'm so glad you had a great time :)! I would've reacted similar when the wristbands lit up, too-I can't wait to be part of that.

LOL at the 4/20 stuff as well. Ah, Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom