Arcade Fire. Formal wear or costumes only please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So a stellar gig tonight.

Normal Person
Rebellion (Lies)
Wake Up
My Body Is a Cage
Keep the Car Running
Ocean of Noise
The Suburbs
The Suburbs (Continued)
It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus)
Afterlife
Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
No Cars Go
Joan of Arc
Devil Inside
Here Comes the Night Time

Ready to Start
Reflektor
Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)

Just about a perfect set for me... got my three favourite tracks from Funeral, my two favourites from The Suburbs and a bunch of my favourites from the new album. I haven't heard Neon Bible.

The start of the gig was a hoot, with the fake band with the big heads coming out. "Win" said "this is an oldie" and started playing Rebellion (Lies) before the real Win came on and was like "what the fuck's going on here". Thought it was pretty funny. Normal Person was a bit of an ordinary opener, I like the song a lot but it sounded a little flat. Didn't expect Rebellion and Wake Up so early in the set but both were amazing. I'd forgotten how good The Suburbs (song) is, and that stretch from Suburbs through to No Cars Go was just awesome. No Cars Go - wow, what a song that is. Just about the highlight. Devil Inside was an INXS cover (Michael Hutchence would have been 54 today) that segued very neatly into Here Comes the Night Time, which was great and ended with a Lips-ian confetti blast. Just a three-song encore, but all three tracks were knockouts. Wasn't a huge fan of the calypso treatment Power Out received, but it was still great nonetheless. Quality gig.

:wink:

How great is Afterlife by the way? What a song.

Yeah I remember years ago people raving about that combination. I'd have loved to have heard it... neither song hit quite as powerfully as I hoped they would. Small complaint, though.

I absolutely hate that they split up Power Out and Rebellion. It's almost criminal. Those songs should be paired forever.

agree. hopefully they will realize this epic failure and correct it before they get to Denver. this is almost as bad as when U2 decided to fuck with the timing of the house lights on Streets.

Glad you enjoyed it. :up: I haven't thought much about my show this spring after my initial enthusiasm for Reflektor quickly waned but they are so awesome live regardless. and where the hell are my tickets anyway? I had to double check to make sure I didn't just imagine buying them. i am not comfortable with a ticket order that says tickets will arrive a few days before the show.

Not really. A couple of pockets but from what I could see about 80-90% of the crowd dressed normally, as did I. More formal gear than costumes.

Having thought about it though it's not such an outrageous request. Didn't LCD request black and white at their final gigs?

I just bought tickets to see them in June! I even got GA tix. I wasn't planning on going as it's during the exams but it kinda works now I know my schedule. And seeing Arcade Fire live is worth one failure.

I would like to see Michelle Obama dunk on Win Butler.

airflotus.0_standard_709.0.gif

Does anyone know what time they hit the stage? I have tix for next week's show in Toronto but it's going to be really tight with time for us to make it. If they get on stage super early, I may sell my tix as I don't see much point in missing the first 4 or 5 songs.

Back
Top Bottom