UFOs...demonic manifestations or what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So the UFO post in the main forum got me thinkin (sorry, the late hours do that to me).

I don't technically believe in UFOs; HOWEVER, as the thread title suggests, I wonder what's going on. I read a very interesting book not too long ago that delved into the whole "UFOs as demonic phenomena" theory. This is something that has always interested me (as I'm also a sci-fi fanatic), but I am not really sure what to make of all of it. The photos, the eye witnesses, and perhaps even tangible proof (X Files notwithstanding)...how does one explain all that?

Of course, the only rather mysterious Biblical reference that I've ever seen (besides actually saying 'demons') is in the OT where it talks about those giant creatures who had relationships with human women...but it's very cryptic and hard to decipher. The book I read also addressed this issue, and tied it in with the whole UFO thing, which was rather interesting.

Thoughts? Theories?

I should say right upfront that I tend to be a skeptic. About a lot of things, but especially about what people claim to "see" in the skies. The power of suggestion is a strong thing. And conspiracy theories are always easier to promote than the burden of proof.

That said, I wouldn't rule out supernatural activity. But then again, I'm also a skeptic on those issues as well. I'm not into the whole "spiritual warfare around every bush" camp, and I don't see the devil hiding under every rock. I dunno. Call me Thomas.
biggrin.gif
I doubt....a lot.

-sula

UFOs are not "demonic manifestations." Maybe hallucinations. Maybe misguided. But I doubt they are demons.

The Bible never intended to discuss UFOs, likely because they didn't believe in life outside of Earth. Anything else would be a stretch of the imagination.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I have never seen a UFO ... I don't think I will ever see a UFO... But I believe that if there was one it would only be a manifestion of the Spirit... the bible does not speak of UFO's but there has been many times where fire has came down from heaven... when they are lead by a pillar of fire... and countless other things.. including animals talking... So I believe that if there was UFO... it most likely would be some manifestion of God or the Devil... although I cannot think of any time where the devil was able to manifest stuff in the bible other than when he came and spoke to Jesus in Matthew chapter 4....

sulawesigirl4 said:
I should say right upfront that I tend to be a skeptic. About a lot of things, but especially about what people claim to "see" in the skies. The power of suggestion is a strong thing. And conspiracy theories are always easier to promote than the burden of proof.

-sula

believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see

I recall hearing something about this theory as well. Statistical analysis of UFO sightings showed that the vast majority were explainable phenomena. Somewhere between 2-5% were unexplainable. But there was a high correlation between individuals in that 2-5% range and their involvement with the occult.

To the extent that demonic activity is designed to keep a person from faith in God, the sightings of UFO gave the 2-5% faith in something other than God.

I don't know if UFOs are alien spacecraft or demonic manifestations or whatever, but I was one of those who didn't believe UNTIL I freakin saw 3 of them flying in a weird formation over my neighborhood in NJ. I live within a few miles of Newark International airport and actually worked for an airline for a few years and believe me...they weren't any kind of commercial, private or any military aircraft that I have ever seen or heard about. It was three red "globes" that silently "glided" across the sky. The first was "hopping ahead" like a frog, the second was doing tight "s" turns behind it and the third was just moving at a constant pace. They moved in single file across a clear night sky and I witnessed this with my uncle and a next door neighbor. I was stunned and speechless and my uncle nearly crapped his pants :) There some weird shit out there.

misiek said:
I don't know if UFOs are alien spacecraft or demonic manifestations or whatever, but I was one of those who didn't believe UNTIL I freakin saw 3 of them flying in a weird formation over my neighborhood in NJ. I live within a few miles of Newark International airport and actually worked for an airline for a few years and believe me...they weren't any kind of commercial, private or any military aircraft that I have ever seen or heard about. It was three red "globes" that silently "glided" across the sky. The first was "hopping ahead" like a frog, the second was doing tight "s" turns behind it and the third was just moving at a constant pace. They moved in single file across a clear night sky and I witnessed this with my uncle and a next door neighbor. I was stunned and speechless and my uncle nearly crapped his pants :) There some weird shit out there.

You might have experienced "ball lightning." It's a very unusual, highly unpredictable, and rare form of lightning that can travel at various speeds and directions. It's also very dangerous if it travels close to the surface.

http://home.dmv.com/~tbastian/balite.htm

Melon

melon said:

You might have experienced "ball lightning." It's a very unusual, highly unpredictable, and rare form of lightning that can travel at various speeds and directions. It's also very dangerous if it travels close to the surface.

http://home.dmv.com/~tbastian/balite.htm

Melon

While anything's possible, I'd bet my life that it wasn't. It was moving too slowly and the timing between the movements of the two front globes was eerily rhythmic. Also the globes were bright red without any sort of flashing or blinking effect...a steady light source.

Well, ball lightning is known to just kind of "float." It can go very slowly. Or it can go very quickly. It's nothing like what we think when we think of lightning.

Anyhow, it's just a thought.

Melon

Of course, anyting flying about in the sky that you can't identify is a UFO. I've seen lots of them.

Back
Top Bottom