What do MEN want?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want someone who I can rely on. I want someone who supports me in the most difficult times. You can say friend can do that, but isn't my wife/girlfriend my BEST friend?

and finally, someone who loves me. I want someone who I can look at her eyes and see: "God, she loves me". If I see that, I feel I can take on the world by myself :heart:

Realistically, I can only speak for myself, especially as one who neither holds true to the masculine physical/emotional standard, nor has much experience discussing this shit with other men. I do have enough experience befriending women and hanging out with them, as well as a 9 month relationship (still going very strong :love: ), to know what simply wouldn't work for me, however.

Probably the most important thing I look for is a good deal of openness and honesty. I can deal with some level of privacy/secrets, I don't need to pry into every facet of their life, but if a woman can be open about her insecurities and needs, that's a HUGE plus. Hey, I'll tell you one of mine: I have extremely low self-esteem, and I need a ton of affection to know I'm loved. I need someone warm and passionate, and while I could function with less, it's hard to get caught up in a relationship when you feel you're pouring yourself into it and aren't entirely sure where your partner stands. So yeah, the feminine mystique is nice and all, but mysteriousness and ambiguity isn't something you can build a solid relationship on.

Another thing: I don't want to be with a woman whose personality bears a striking resemblance to my own. While I've always considered the idiom "opposites attract" to be harmful, if temporarily correct, it's vital that two people improve one another, not reinforce their every flaw. I want a woman who can see things I can't, even if that entails a baffling disagreement or two, along with the occasional :huh::| moment. Besides, being with me 24/7 is a pain in the ass, I should know, and I don't need a carbon copy making it worse. Of course, shared interests are always good.

And, of course, I need someone who loves me. It's staggering just how much that can compensate for. And it's not the giddy rush of love that I'm referring to, but the comforting knowledge that the one you love wants the best for your relationship. Intentions do count for a lot when mistakes are inevitable. Anyway, yeah, that's my 18 year-old perspective on love and relationships. Means a ton, I'm sure.

I just love being with my partner and she feels the same
that's ultimately what I want, someone I love spending time with

she doesn't need to fulfill any role
I guess because we love being together we we end up fulfilling every possible role for eachother anyway

For women to wear more dresses.

I had a boyfriend who insisted I wear more dresses and for him I did. It was okay for a bit until I realized that I did not like him telling me how to dress. If he did not like me for who I was, he should have never dated me in the first place. He should have accepted me as a short wearing, tank top, flip flop loving girl. :)

puppyeyes-1.jpg

i think men want food, sex, and video games

but i'm in college.

but i'm in college.

but i'm in college.

but i'm in college.

but i'm in college.

but i'm in college.

:lol: This pretty much sums up guys our age.

I can only speak for myself.

My requirements are as follows:

Solvent property owner
College educated preferably and of highish income bracket
Someone that is interested in making money and getting on but not a workaholic
IQ in 120-140 range
Right wing political views
Atheist/pagan/Luciferian satanist preferred
Must have a strong interest in music and there needs to be some common ground musically and also she should hate celebrity culture and not want to talk about it (except to satirise or look down on it)
Intellectual elitist that sees themselves as above the common herd - and is such
Hair colour/length not important but dressing well is appreciated
'Womanly' body shape pref. but this not a dealbreaker
Preferable to have similar tastes s8x wise but again not a dealbreaker

you forgot beer and maybe pot

yeah, that too, though i'd say those are about equal for both genders, from my experience anyway. pretty much everyone i know drinks and a lot smoke, both guys and girls.

but seriously, the one thing I have learned is (at least at this age) men are not that complicated. And I don't mean that as an insult. One of my friends gets annoyed because girls are always trying to "figure him out" when there really isn't anything to figure out at all.

just my experience. but it seems men as a general rule are fairly straightforward. i like that about them.

They better not fucking want perfection. :angry:

I'm the only one allowed to want perfection. :grumpy:

Realistically, I can only speak for myself, especially as one who neither holds true to the masculine physical/emotional standard, nor has much experience discussing this shit with other men. I do have enough experience befriending women and hanging out with them, as well as a 9 month relationship (still going very strong :love: ), to know what simply wouldn't work for me, however.

Probably the most important thing I look for is a good deal of openness and honesty. I can deal with some level of privacy/secrets, I don't need to pry into every facet of their life, but if a woman can be open about her insecurities and needs, that's a HUGE plus. Hey, I'll tell you one of mine: I have extremely low self-esteem, and I need a ton of affection to know I'm loved. I need someone warm and passionate, and while I could function with less, it's hard to get caught up in a relationship when you feel you're pouring yourself into it and aren't entirely sure where your partner stands. So yeah, the feminine mystique is nice and all, but mysteriousness and ambiguity isn't something you can build a solid relationship on.

Another thing: I don't want to be with a woman whose personality bears a striking resemblance to my own. While I've always considered the idiom "opposites attract" to be harmful, if temporarily correct, it's vital that two people improve one another, not reinforce their every flaw. I want a woman who can see things I can't, even if that entails a baffling disagreement or two, along with the occasional :huh::| moment. Besides, being with me 24/7 is a pain in the ass, I should know, and I don't need a carbon copy making it worse. Of course, shared interests are always good.

And, of course, I need someone who loves me. It's staggering just how much that can compensate for. And it's not the giddy rush of love that I'm referring to, but the comforting knowledge that the one you love wants the best for your relationship. Intentions do count for a lot when mistakes are inevitable. Anyway, yeah, that's my 18 year-old perspective on love and relationships. Means a ton, I'm sure.

:takesnotes:

Back
Top Bottom