Random facts and confessions, post-tour edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! :hug: :hug:

Since we're quoting, here's one that I need to pay better attention to...

"don't lose yourself trying to hold on to someone who doesn't care about losing you"

Lila, that quote you posted is #1 from the 30 gifts to give yourself this year. They all are good. That whole list is my resolution for this year!

Me too. Let's focus on the happy times, shall we? (like texting each other in the airport, only to realize we were a few feet away from each other!:lol:)
I'm glad I wrote down what happened pretty soon after, so if I forget things like these I can go back and remember them again. :)

It was so great to hang out with you :hug:
Standing under Walmart cart shelters while it pours out FTW :wink:

:lol: Yeah, speak of unsuspected rain. No coats, on umbrellas on us.

:wink: And I enjoyed chasing away the birds for you and Jem.

2011 went by really fast, didn't it? I still remember stuff very clearly; down to what movie I watched on NYE 2010. Like it was just a couple of weeks ago...

th90edab00.gif

How can you determine if you're overweight when you got a lot of muscles? There's always talk about how when you're x many kilos you're too heavy, but muscles weigh more than fat... so how do you determine the difference? I don't get it. :doh:

lol, I got an answer to that today. Funny how things go. Went to the doc to get my asthma test done, and had to be weighed and measured. Apparently my BMI says I'm overweight. Lol, those who know me I'm way not. :lol: But yeah, it can't see the difference between muscles and fat. Sure, I've gotten a bit of fat around the belly area, but I'm working on that.

And so I asked the doc how they measure the difference, and it's pretty nifty. Those special scales shoot a light electrical current through the body, and they measure the body's resistance. More resistance = more fat, as fat does not conduct electricity and muscles and water do. Genius!

This just got me thinking on my career, and what I want to do.. maybe teaching isn't everything... I've always been interested in medical stuff, and I am going to do a master's degree in pharmacochemistry instead of regular chemistry. Perhaps something with drug research or even a pharmacist would be more interesting to me.

Yeah, I got busted for singing in my car today! :lol: At least the guy smiled and gave me a thumbs up! :shifty: I bet Kristen can name the song I was singing to.

I've been reading Bill Clinton's new book while on break at work, but because I live in the south with a few heavily conservative coworkers, I've switched the sleeve of the book with that of a Robert Parker novel.

Fortunately no one's asked me what it's about :shifty:

I accidentally got up an hour two early this morning because I misread the numbers of my digital clock :doh:

I only realised it after having my cup of coffee when the radio news came on and they announced the accurate time :lol:

I used the early morning and walked through the streets that were almost empty because we're still having Christmas holidays. It was still dark and I went swimming for two hours which was great. But in the afternoon during work I almost fell asleep. :huh:

However, I really enjoy early mornings once I'm up, my mind is working really fine in the morning and I like being up for the break of day and seeing the day begin. I'm not much of a night person any more, though I stay up very late and never go to bed before midnight, most of the times it's half past or even one in the morning. But I cannot work at night, I find it hard to concentrate and my yes get tired. I've become much more of a morning person in recent years and I always look forward to getting up and doing stuff. I have my best time in the morning and I do most of my work in the early hours of the day. I hate afternoons, I'm so tired most of the time and my concentration gets worse and worse.

I'm WAY too excited that I'm going to speed up my laptop majorly soon. :hyper: Finally no more slow arse crashes when I'm trying to do multiple heavy programs!

I accidentally got up an hour two early this morning because I misread the numbers of my digital clock :doh:

I only realised it after having my cup of coffee when the radio news came on and they announced the accurate time :lol:

I used the early morning and walked through the streets that were almost empty because we're still having Christmas holidays. It was still dark and I went swimming for two hours which was great. But in the afternoon during work I almost fell asleep. :huh:
:up: You get mad props from me - I would've double-checked my alarm and rolled right back into bed :p
An early morning walk sounds nice; I really don't take nearly as many strolls as I used to - putting on the headphones, breathing in the fresh air as drops of sunlight pour over my skin - it's a very calm, soothing experience. Perhaps tomorrow morning I'll set the dial back an extra hour :hmm:

I'm WAY too excited that I'm going to speed up my laptop majorly soon. :hyper: Finally no more slow arse crashes when I'm trying to do multiple heavy programs!
oh boy, does my computer need that! Unfortunately, I have the computer tech. skills of a fifty-year-old Iranian woman, so I'm not gonna be getting very far :sigh: Oh well, as long as it gets the job done, I suppose.

EDIT: And here's a confession from me: whenever I'm watching television or listening to music, the volume level must be on an even number. I dunno, it's just a thing :drunk:

Unfortunately, I have the computer tech. skills of a fifty-year-old Iranian woman
:lmao:

And here's a confession from me: whenever I'm watching television or listening to music, the volume level must be on an even number. I dunno, it's just a thing :drunk:
haha, me too! though i prefer multiples of 5 the most, but if, say, 25 is too low and 30 is too loud, i'll settle on 28.

me too! though i prefer multiples of 5 the most, but if, say, 25 is too low and 30 is too loud, i'll settle on 28.
Oh yeah, multiples of 5 are definitely, definitely preferable. It's nice to know there's someone else out there that's at least someone as neurotic as me when it comes to volume levels :p

And on a somewhat related note, whenever I check the time I absolutely must add up the digits to see if the number is divisible by three. For example, at this particular time, it is '8:08' - 808 - 8+0+8 = 16, which is, clearly, not divisible by 3.

I dunno. It's a thing I've been doing since 7th grade when my teacher taught our class that rule :drunk:

EDIT: 810, however, is most certainly divisible by 3 :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom