Random facts and confessions, post-tour edition.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't it have a finder button? we've had like three cordless phones and there's always a button on the deck you press and then the phone starts beepin'

Just got three shots, I don't see what the big deal is. My arms are a little tender around the needle areas, but apart from that... :shrug: people were always crying hysterically and then passing out on shots days at high school.

Come up to meet you, tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you, tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart
Tell me your secrets, and ask me your questions
Oh let's go back to the start
Running in circles, coming up tails
Heads on a science apart

On days where I just can't find the words, music helps me through. I know I vent a lot in here, but life is so challenging right now, and to burden anyone else with my problems feels so selfish. So I post in here to feel heard, and keep moving on.

On days where I just can't find the words, music helps me through. I know I vent a lot in here, but life is so challenging right now, and to burden anyone else with my problems feels so selfish. So I post in here to feel heard, and keep moving on.

I feel like you just wrote about me there! hope it gets a little less awful for you :hug:

Tell you I set you apart
Heads on a science apart

:heart: you know you can burden me anytime...I think I owe you a few :hug::hug::hug:

^

That's great to hear!:up:

My confession: Yesterday I messaged a friend and didn't say anything but "make me laugh." No questions asked, he proceeded to make me laugh so hard I was crying. :D It's good to know who is there for you, no matter what!

What's the point in reminiscing the past, realizing your mistakes, when you can't do a fucking thing to change them? Wish I could shut off my brain sometimes. :sigh:

Tell you I set you apart
Heads on a science apart

:hug: Love the song - makes me cry :hug:

What's the point in reminiscing the past, realizing your mistakes, when you can't do a fucking thing to change them? Wish I could shut off my brain sometimes. :sigh:

I've been there too. All we can hope to do is learn from the mistakes, but it doesn't make it hurt any less. :hug::hug::hug:

:hug: Love the song - makes me cry :hug:

I hadn't heard it in a while, and it started playing and it made me cry. Again, as GG said, you can't change the past, but it sure does creep up on you sometimes.

Confession: something that had been bothering me for months kind of resolved itself today, and it is a huge weight off of my shoulders! :heart:

:hyper::happydance::cabbagepatch::loveshower::shifty:

I stayed up until 4:30 a.m. last night/yesterday morning to watch a live web cast from the winter solstice sunrise at the 5000-year-old Newgrange burial mound in Ireland. On the morning of the winter solstice, the rising sun shines into an opening above the entrance to the passageway to the interior chamber of the mound, lighting up the passageway and the chamber for just a few minutes. (How did people 5000 years ago know that???) There were many gathered there, and drumming in the background; but the morning was cloudy, so there was no sunbeam to enter the chamber this time. Still, it was very special to me to know that I have been lucky enough to be inside that mound, and have stood there and looked out over that valley and the standing stones. :love:

Ran into Old New Bloke down the pub, for the first time since I got dumped via text. He was there with the new girlfriend. Funny since I got dumped cos he didn't want to be "labelled or tied down". Thank goodness I had been drinking since 1.00 pm at my work Christmas lunch to deal with it. I tell ya, men are effin fruit loops. ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!! :gah:

Your fruit loops can get together with my fruit loops. They can breed. :/

ONB, who works as an agency nurse, did tell me last night that the city hospital (which he lives within walking distance of) has since consistently cancelled his shifts and he can only get work at an outer suburbs hospital over 20 km away. Karma is a bitch baby!

A female friend of mine says, at least once a day: "Men are idiots." I love the line from the song in the movie "Mary Poppins", something like, "Although we enjoy men individually, you will agree that as a group they're ra-ther . . . stu-pid . . . ."

Sorry, guys--we'll never speak the same language as you! :D

A female friend of mine says, at least once a day: "Men are idiots." I love the line from the song in the movie "Mary Poppins", something like, "Although we enjoy men individually, you will agree that as a group they're ra-ther . . . stu-pid . . . ."

Sorry, guys--we'll never speak the same language as you! :D

There are exceptions...but as a general rule, yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom