I'm a little freaked out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Tank

The Fly
I feel like this place is a safe place, like a nest in a tree of trust and understanding.

So here I go,

I just got married, and I guess deep down I am feeling a bit confused. Suddenly when you get married, you are supposed to be this new different guy, but I dont feel different.

Take last night, my wife and I went to the Olive Garden, for dinner, which was lovely. But I happened to look over during the meal, and saw a waitress take an order, and I began to think what color her underpants may be, her panties. Odds are they are white cotton panties, but maybe they are something else, like silk, or a thong. Maybe they were some special panties that I don't even know about yet.

Sorry, I don't know where I was going with that.

I'm just a little freaked out that I am gonna be having sex with one person for the rest of my life. Does anybody else have this problem?

marriage is a huge thing, huge responsibility, huge commitment between 2 people who love each other, blah blah blah...its why i won't do the marriage thing again. i could be talking out of my ass, but it could be that your confused for a short while...it takes time to get settled, used to the idea of one person...whatever.

but if your really"freaked out" about having sex with only one person for the rest of your life, then you shouldn't have married. just my two cents.

If you're interested, I accept two cents.

Would that peak your interest?

Or are you set on that whole monogamy thing?

It's cool.

:up:

Watch "High Fidelity" or read it, if you're that sort of guy.

I think a lot is said by one of the first lines in your entry, "You get married and you're supposed to be this whole different guy". Okay, I paraphrased, sue me. But really ... no, you're not. Not realistically anyway. Having a ring on your finger doesn't magically make you into a different person, into a guy who says things like "Honey! I'm HO-OME!" if you weren't that guy to begin with.

I think that's one of the crappiest things about marriage, that people think it's going to change them and it WON'T. It WILL NOT. If you were unfaithful before, you will still be that way ... and vice versa.

What's my point?
If you're waiting for some magical marriage brain fairy to come to you in the night and tap you on the forehead with a wand and make you into someone you're not ... you're wasting your time. Mind you, that's for good AND bad, if you're afraid that marriage is going to make you into a eunich, into a sexless, balding loser ... it won't do THAT either.

Think about it. Do you want it to change you? Do you FEAR it changing you? Were you this way BEFORE you got married?

Just my .02

Honestly, I find it kind of strange that you are freaked out by the idea of having sex with only one person for the rest of your life. I mean, if you had said things like "am I good enough to provide for this person emotionally for the rest of their life?" I think I could understand more. In my opinion if you are REALLY in love you don't want anybody else, emotionally, mentally or physically.

I think it's normal to wonder about other people but when it comes right down to it the thought of being with anybody but your wife should be completely out of the question if you really love her. I hope you realize how lucky you are to have somebody to love you. God, I wish I could find that.

I wouldn't grace myself with that trash, but I'm not shocked that this is a troll. :p

Melon

This almost made me pee in my pants.

I do not want to give the "punchline" of this thread away, but all I have to ask is when we are going streaking through town???

Sorry, but this REALLY sucks. It was funny when it was in LS and people got the joke but in here people are giving serious answers, not knowing these are lines from a fucking movie :mad:

I agree.

Please use this forum for personal topics or when you need advice, not to make fools out of everyone that genuinely wants to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom