I need better sleeping habits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the rockin edge

Blue Crack Addict
My current sleep pattern is stay up until 1-2 AM and then sleep until 11-12. Now normally I wouldn't have a problem with this (unlike my parents :wink: ) but I'm going to europe for a month (leaving in September) and on the trip I won't be able to sleep until 11 nor will I want to. So I figure I need to start going to bed earlier now so I'm not dead exauhsted on my trip.

Hahaha, you think that's bad? These past few weeks I've stayed up all night, had two three hours sleep from around 12-3PM and done it all over again!!

I would KILL to have that sleeping pattern just for two days. :crack: Lately, I've been getting to sleep around 1:30 b/c I'm in a night class and we're working on our final presentations. Then I wake up at 7 to get ready for work, which is 8am-4:30pm, then the night class, then driving my boyfriend around. I'm the type of person who can be perfectly happy, healthy, and well-balanced as long as I get my 8hrs of sleep. Tonight is the final presentation, I just have to be awake for a few more hours....I'm going straight to bed as soon as we're finished. Weekends are no relief since by Friday I'm so exhausted from work I can barely stay awake or do anything, but Saturday morning I have to wake up early and get my boyfriend off to work (he has a seizure disorder and can't drive anymore).

I wouldn't worry too much about Europe. Even if you fix your sleeping pattern now, you'll still be jetlagged and need time to adjust. I say, if you don't have a job or any other reason to get up early, DONT! :D

Hey, I know what that's all about!

I was worried for when I went to Maine, but it worked out very well. I think if you are doing a lot of stuff in Europe - during the day, than your body will reset fine. It's naturally resetting, so I don't think it will be a problem

I mean, I was crazy bad before maine, and then it was up at 6/7 bed at 11pm.

But now I'm back, and all hell breaks loose once again, on my last summer vacation.

:macdevil: :dance: :macdevil:

When I lived back home with my dad and was working two part-time jobs, my sleep schedule was basically staying up until between 2 and 5 in the morning and staying in bed until 11 or noon. But when I got a full-time job and moved in with my boyfriend, I actually made the transition to a 10:00 p.m. bedtime and 6:30ish wake up time quite well. How? Because I had to. :wink: I just accepted that I had to change my schedule and went with it.

I tell ya though...I feel such a dork sometimes for having a 10:00p.m. bedtime now. :lol: It's when my boyfriend goes to bed though, and we get up at the same time, so I just started following suit, and it's kinda nice. I think once we get internet at home that I may indulge in a few of my much cherished late nights though. :shifty:

I'm in a bad rut with crazy sleeping times too. My current pattern is bedtime around 3 or 4 with wake-up around noon or 1. When my job starts back up again soon, I'm going to have to be up at 6:15. :crack:

I have just always been a night person, and when left to my own devices (no schedule or places to be), my body always reverts to its current schedule. I always hope that I'll magically become a morning person during those times when I have to wake up so early, but it never happens. It is a huge fight for me to get to bed early enough to wake up early in the morning. I just naturally start to perk up around 11 at night or so. I don't know if it will ever change. :huh:

MMmm... the power of the music of the night :tongue:

I don't know, I have always been a night owl. I have a sort of mental inertia, and for some reason the night is ... attractive, sort of. Don't know, I don't know.

I sleep 1:30 AM - 7 AM, roughly speaking.

I haven't slept properly in about 14 years though, so for me, a good night's sleep is one where I wake up only 3-4 times.

the rockin edge said:
My current sleep pattern is stay up until 1-2 AM and then sleep until 11-12. Now normally I wouldn't have a problem with this (unlike my parents :wink: )

my sleep pattern is EXACTLY the same lately

ewings said:
How old are all of you? Just wait until you deal with the "real world", i.e., working. :wink:

I'm 28. I do indeed have a 'real' job. It just happens to be one with summers off. But unfortunately, no matter how long I've been in the real world, I cannot get my sleep schedule to conform with the rest of the planet.

Last edited:
ewings said:
How old are all of you? Just wait until you deal with the "real world", i.e., working. :wink:

20. I have worked, but it's the occasional weekend stuff helping my mom at her workplace, and that's not always steady. That's about one of very few jobs I can get right now, 'cause I still don't have my driver's license, nor do I have a lot of other forms of ID on me right now, that being due to my family moving about a lot, and you need some form of ID for a lot of job-related things and stuff like that. Plus, considering where I live in Wyoming, a lot of the jobs are for coal mines and stuff like that, and that I can't do-lack of experience there (which is another thing that keeps me from getting some other jobs here in town). But yes, when I get a steady job, I will get back on a better sleeping schedule (course, depending on the job I wind up getting, I may still have odd sleeping schedules...).

Angela

I'm 34 & a regular week for me is sleeping from about 1am - 7am, 1st job 8-5, 2nd job 6-9, repeat. (I'm am off from the 2nd job on Wed & Thur, but my sleep pattern stays the same.) Fri nights I'm usually up til 2 or 3am, then sleep in on Saturday 'til about 11. Sundays I only sleep in 'til about 9:30, unless we go to church & then I'm up by 7:45.

When Mr. Blu's away - like he was all last week - my sleeping habits are even worse! For example, I stayed up last weekend from 11am Saturday morning until 5am Sunday morning, slept until 10am & then got up and went about my regular business. I've always been a night owl.... It just works for some people. :shrug:

Another night owl here :wave:

The whole shabang : late nights, insomnia, zombie-like verging on mild agression in the morning :madspit:

around 9-10pm I am so tired I cannot even hold my eyeballs open:| then I sleep like a friggen log until 5-6am:drool:

the soul waits said:
Another night owl here :wave:

The whole shabang : late nights, insomnia, zombie-like verging on mild agression in the morning :madspit:

:love:

mild aggression? i am a fire breathing dragon in the morning, even when i've had my 8 and a half hours of sleepytime.

:mad:

I'm all fucked up.

Sometimes I don't get to bed until 5 or 6am. I will sleep until I can, which is 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Then I'll get up for a few hours, fall back asleep at 9.30pm and wake up at 2am and stay up till 5am again.
And don't try to wake me up, I am worse than a fire-breathing dragon: I throw dishes! At you! And I never miss!

xtal said:

And don't try to wake me up, I am worse than a fire-breathing dragon: I throw dishes! At you! And I never miss!

:lol:

i am evil incarnate if anyone dares wake me. once my old roommate thought our apartment building was on fire at 6 am and she was afraid i'd yell at her for waking me up.

luckily for her there was smoke in the hallway, and luckily for us it wasn't anything serious--just some moron who'd left a roast in the oven overnight to cook and it burned to crisp.

:mad:

tre

May I suggest my sleeping pattern;)

When you're in Europe you'll adjust there will be so much to do and see. You won't need or want to sleep so much.

My college roommate always said "you can sleep when you're dead"

You can't even imagine how bad I am at waking up in the morning. I'm not even especially bad-tempered if someone wakes me up, I just look completely confused and it takes me about five minutes to wake up and figure out what's going on. People find it hilarious if I stay over at someone's house and wake up in the morning with literally no idea where I am. :reject:

dandy said:
insomnia, my lifelong arch nemesis

:crack:

Me, too. It definitely improved significantly once I started working with a nutritionist but I still need less sleep than just about anyone I know. Generally with 4-5 hours of deep sleep I am raring to go. I also have no need for an alarm clock.

Back
Top Bottom