I can't believe it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
So yesterday, I'm having lunch and I reach for the bottle of water near the computer...and I spill water over the CPU!:ohmy:
Computer turns off.
Hein85.gif
dammit

So I get in touch with our corporate help desk and I say; "Yeah, one of my associates:shifty: just spilled water all over the CPU and I need another computer, how long before I get one back?".......the tech in the other line goes; "How the heck did that happen?"
Hein87.gif
I was like...I dunno.

Spilling liquid on a computer is one of my worst nightmares

LOL.

Spilled liquid voids our warranties, and technically we don't care WHO spilled it, why, or how. I had a guy bring me a sticky laptop that he said someone knocked his tea onto. I talked to his rep and their answer was, "well, he shouldn't have brought it to a restaurant." :shrug: Our policy is if you break something and it voids the warranty (dropped, spilled on, etc) you're SOL and we give you whatever piece of crap we have lying around.

I hope they are kinder to you....

Oh, and if it makes you feel better, my old housemate spilled water on her laptop and fried it, then she left a window open during a storm and fried her monitor, and then she spilled water on her fiance's work laptop. :tsk:

RedrocksU2 said:
So yesterday, I'm having lunch and I reach for the bottle of water near the computer...and I spill water over the CPU!:ohmy:
Computer turns off.
Hein85.gif
dammit

So I get in touch with our corporate help desk and I say; "Yeah, one of my associates:shifty: just spilled water all over the CPU and I need another computer, how long before I get one back?".......the tech in the other line goes; "How the heck did that happen?"
Hein87.gif
I was like...I dunno.

you, carlos are EVEELLLLLLLLLLL:evil:

drevil.jpg

:tsk:

Last edited:
RedrocksU2 said:
Computer turns off.
Hein85.gif
dammit

Hein87.gif
I was like...I dunno.

you a liar :D

I was on the phone with Apple once and I got to chatting with the guy (i'm not sure of his official title), and he started telling me about the stories of people doing wild things to their Macbooks.

One guy said his girlfriend kept the computer in the stove for safekeeping (because she never cooked and there wasn't a lot of room in their place) and one day he turned on the oven and cooked it! When they pulled it out, the outside was toasted but it worked just fine!

And another guy spilled beer all over the keyboard, etc., but it ended up working fine also!

I love those Apple guys. We always end up chit-chatting about random things. It's so special. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom