a man walks into a street shaking a banana at people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i have absolutely 0 interest in sitting and watching lord of the rings.

i never saw in theater. i don't plan on watching the dvd.

:shocked: :eek: :shocked: :confused: :shocked: :scream: :shocked:

I still haven't seen it, but I'm buying the DVD as soon as it comes out because I LOVE the books and have the posters and only didn't go see it because I don't have any friends. :|

kobayashi said:
i just don't find the whole fantasy genre interesting. in the least.

Neither do I. But this movie is excellent. Put aside your biases and give it a chance. ;)

sulawesigirl4 said:

Neither do I. But this movie is excellent. Put aside your biases and give it a chance. ;)

hmmmmmmm. interesting...you like it that much, ehhh? i don't share the viggo love though...this could take some thinking time;)

my husband was the same. Not interested but dragged him anyway. He swayed between when are they ever gonna get off the damn island to what do you mean it doesn't end..to you mean to tell me after 3 hours they are still on the damn mountain..what's the point??? There were also comments like interesting how they never run out of quills...

eh - well if I have to explain it to ya then eh - next time stay home....

I personally can't wait until Xmas 2002...and am also waiting for Matrix II that should be a keeper as well.

My problem was reading PLEBA and not knowing what the hell LOTR was or Viggo - Sula enlightened me to acronyms:lol:

kobayashi said:

hmmmmmmm. interesting...you like it that much, ehhh? i don't share the viggo love though...this could take some thinking time;)

Viggo love is just a bonus. ;)

Seriously though, the in scope and storytelling ability, the movie is really worth your time, I think. The cast pulls together extremely well and it's the sort of story that draws you in without you even realizing it. Or at least that's how it worked for me. And if nothing else, Sir Ian McKellen as Gandalf is worth the price of the rental. :up:

Lord of the rings was a great movie, I thought that it wasnt going to be that good because typically the book is better but I thought the movie was better then the book.

just my .02:wink:

I have no desire to see this movie. My mom saw it and said it was long and boring.

*ducks to avoid flyin' objects*

I'm with you, kobe--I have no interest in the fantasy genre (except the ones in my own head :D). I saw LOTR and found it excruciatingly boring. So boring that I did something I have never done in my entire movie-going life...got up in the middle to go for popcorn hoping that would make the movie better. The journey down the many hallways for popcorn became weirdly LOTR epic-ish and I was gone for a half hour. Turns out I didn't miss a thing....

I'm afraid Viggo does nothing for me either, but I am a huge fan of the sula-viggo photoshop pic. :)

I saw LOTR a month or two ago on a burned CD and looooooved it. (the books are among my Top5 books ever)

First off, i loved the way they transformed all the locations so well, and the movie is much easier to follow than the book(s). The acting is good (Ian McKellen is an incredible Gandalf and blows everyone else away, and is great alongside Cristopher Lee as Saruman - those two are the best performances).

Next, all the creatures and effects were done extremely well. (i was seriously amazed at the way they did Bilbo's visions when he's wearing the ring...WOW!!!) Black riders are the most memorable "villain" characters. Oh and i thought Legolas was cute. :) Funny though, in the book, Aragorn is my favorite character from the Fellowship (besides Bilbo), in the movie, it was Legolas.

I dunno...if you like the fantasy genre, and if you know (and enjoy) the books, you should see it.

While we're at this topic, has anyone else seen that cartoon they did in about 1978? That was my first contact with LOTR, and i enjoyed the cartoon too.
The only things surprised me a bit on the downside were:
- the way they did Sauron as this huge metal warrior - the way i understood the book, Sauron is a magician just like Saruman or Gandalf.
- the way they did that Balrog monster ; thought he was gonna be more like an animal with flames around him (like he was done in that cartoon)
- i thought the "boom"s in Moria before the Orcs attacked should have been longer to intense the tenstion. In the movie it was like "boom boom boom" while in the book (the way i see it) it's more like
"boom"
"booom"
"booom" (BTW, that is probably the scariest part of the first book for me- those drums)

Off topic: where's z edge? I'd expect him around when bananas are mentioned LOL

Last edited:
I call it, ?Olga Waits'

Screaming Flower said:
i like the title of this thread although i must say that i didn't expect it to be about lotr.

:lemon: for you

Re: oh sure play favorite Canadians

Withholds Tim Hortons iced cappucino from Screamin:tongue:

hmmm I'll remember that

*makes note in evil IO book of numbers*

:p

a list of phone calls, you'd like to make

WhackaMole said:
Withholds Tim Hortons iced cappucino from Screamin:tongue:

hmmm I'll remember that

*makes note in evil IO book of numbers*

:p

is there animosity between us northerners

I haven't seen it either, or read the books.
I think Harry Potter is way better.. *hides* :tongue:

your threads seem to come from another planet. and i don't mean canada.

i :heart: canadians.

kobe you are weirder than whacka but she knows how to throw peanuts so watch out.

Re: hell no animosity here

kobayashi said:

is there animosity between us northerners

no not animosity, childish pettiness but no animosity :lol: :lol: and no you can't share my igloo cause she likes you bestest:p

Kobeson, you should be here in TO tomorrow - there appears to be a meeting of Interferencers happening - and we could all duke it out for supremacy:lol:

Re: your threads seem to come from another planet. and i don't mean canada.

Screaming Flower said:
i :heart: canadians.

kobe you are weirder than whacka but she knows how to throw peanuts so watch out.

I beg to differ - I can shove them better than I can toss them:tongue: :tongue:

constitutions of granite can't save the planet

WhackaMole said:

Kobeson, you should be here in TO tomorrow - there appears to be a meeting of Interferencers happening - and we could all duke it out for supremacy:lol:

i'd love to. but i must stay in ottawa writing policy:|
then come 4(or maybe a little earlier) i will park the RT and get in my rented denali to drive to the North as we call it to be with the bears. and drink blue

Back
Top Bottom