Post your rigs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovetone? Certainly

Lovetone Meatball
DSC03872.jpg

Lovetone Big Cheese Fuzz
DSC03867.jpg

Lovetone Brown Source overdrive
DSC03865.jpg

EH Pog
DSC03869.jpg

Was the LoveTone Big Cheese used on Discotheque? I read somewhere he used a LoveTone pedal on Discotheque but I can't remember which.

Yes the Lovetone Big Cheese is all over Discotheque with its buzzing sound.

If E_O would have a charity I'd be the first to grab the Big Cheese/Meatball, especially the latter being an incredible versatile unit!!! Really envy you for that envelope filter...

don't have much

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Takamine EG334-BC
the small amp that came with the Les Paul
Boss DD-7 (on the way)

um...blue Herdim picks...1 capo...:lol:

I had to pack all of my gear up because I'm moving across the state on Wednesday, but my current setup is:

The Guitars:

MIA Fender Telecaster (made in 2005)
MIM Fender Telecaster Thinline (w/SD P-Rail pickups, made in 2008)
MIM Fender Strat (in disrepair--needs some work, was my brother's, made before 1998, bridge pickup is dead, probably needs a new neck and some new pots)

The Amps:

Matchless Avalon 30 Reverb (w/Plexiglass front panel, inside lights up, made in 2010)
MIA Fender Blues Jr.

The Pedals:

(2) Loopmaster True Bypass Strips w/5 ins and outs plus bypass button
Pedalboards.com True Bypass Strip w/2 ins and outs and a clean boost/buffer built in
Boss TU-2
Line 6 Verbzilla Reverb
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.
DOD Thrashmaster Distortion
Radial Twin City (Buffered ABY)
ZVex Mastotron Fuzz
Fulltone Supatrem
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
Strymon OB.1 Compressor
Strymon Blue Sky Reverb
Strymon El Capistan Delay

The Power:

Furman Power Factor Pro
(2) Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus

Cables:

An assortment, with my main instrument-to-pedalboard cable, pedalboard-to-amp cable, and TRS Y cable for the effects loop being Mogami w/Neutrik plugs.

Various Other Items:

MicroKorg synth
Melodica
(2) Egg shakers
Tambourine
Fender Mandolin (thinking about having it professionally setup backwards/upside-down to play like a guitar)

Next items on my gear list: Strymon Timeline, Kinman Broadcasters for the MIA Tele (so the MIA Tele can give its pickups to the MIM Strat).

My gear:

2011 Fender MIM Telecaster (Lake Placid Blue)

Hofner Icon Series bass

Amps:

Fender Deluxe 112
Crate MX15R

Pedals:

DOD Digital Delay

i'll post a pic of my stuff soon but i just wanted to add that I received a SDD3KP pedal today and OMG. It's everything i hoped it would be! If you've been hemming and hawing about getting one, I encourage you to pull the trigger... if you can afford to. I sold a few things to get one.

:up:

i'll post a pic of my stuff soon but i just wanted to add that I received a SDD3KP pedal today and OMG. It's everything i hoped it would be! If you've been hemming and hawing about getting one, I encourage you to pull the trigger... if you can afford to. I sold a few things to get one.

:up:

Which SDD3K pedal did you get? One of Trabant Dave's?

I have one of his. It is great!

yeah, I got the Trabant version. I almost bought the Psionic Triad last month but I decided against it. I just don't need all those features and I like having the attenuators on both the input and output like the actual SDD-3000. I find it very useful not only with other instruments (synth, acoustic pickups, etc) but for getting a great guitar sound at lower levels and not bothering neighbors.

does the sdd-1000 have the excact same preamp as the sdd3000 does?
i would like one but only for the preamp and i can get a sdd-1000 for a lot less than a 3000 or a pedal.

His FA-2 (FA-1 clone) looks great. I already have two FA-1 clones but Dave's looks really cool!

Here's a rig I've been messing with...

gtr-> '84 TS9, '84 PQ9 (used as mid boost), bypass box for EH DMM (1st '90s reissue) and FA-1 clone (to give DMM slight boost) and then into the SDD-3KP.

This setup sounds fantastic with both my '74 Deluxe Reverb and my Cage Corsa. I need to see which of my distortion or fuzz pedals works in that chain... probably to sit after the PQ9. I usually use an old Turbo Rat... but I might try a Guyatone Zoom clone ;)

Peds1011.jpg

Guitars:

_1979 fender stratocaster american standard black/black like that of joshua tree tour
_ epiphone sheraton 2 natural with puff pro di marzio on bridge and gibson 57' classic on neck

effects:

_yamaha ud-stomp pedal delay
_line6 m9 for effects with expression pedal
_1981 mxr dynacomp
_boss ns-2 noise suppressor

amplifier:

_1969 vox ac 30 tb with 2 blue alnico speakers and rectified valve

i just have an original zoombox ps-102 ( live at red rocks distortion ) which i use somethimes for tests

Guitars:
1958 Stratocaster
1960 Stratocaster
1961 Stratocaster
1962 Stratocaster x 2
1964 Stratocaster
1977 Stratocaster
1979 Stratocaster
1984 Japan JV57 Stratocaster
1988 Japan ST72 Stratocaster
1954 Esquier
1984 JV Pink Paisley Telecaster
1963 Jazzmaster
2001 54 Historic Les Paul
2009 Custom Built 59 Les Paul Replica

Rack 1:
Axe Fx Ultra
TC 2290
Korg A3
Korg SDD 3000
Korg SDD 2000

Rack 2:
ADA MP1
Roland GP16
BBE 462

Pedals:
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Boss HM2
Boss GE7
Boss DM2
Boss DM3
Boss DD3
Boss CE2

Amps:
1963 AC30
2009 JMI AC30/4
1968 Marshall JMP50
1974 Marshall JMP50
1971 Marshall PA20
1968 Marshall 4x12
1969 Marshall 4x12
1965 Vox 2x12
2003 Marshall Blues breaker Combo

Various Foot controllers & Expression Pedals & other small bits!

Been playing since 1983 & worked in the music trade for the past 12 years.

Wasn't planning this as my next guitar, but won this last night at the Guitar Geek Festival...

Untitled by chrisedge, on Flickr

2000'ish Danelectro Innuendo Mosrite/Strat Hybrid in a nice blue/silver/sparkle with 4 build in effects. Needs new strings but even the original battery still worked.

Wasn't planning this as my next guitar, but won this last night at the Guitar Geek Festival...

Untitled by chrisedge, on Flickr

2000'ish Danelectro Innuendo Mosrite/Strat Hybrid in a nice blue/silver/sparkle with 4 build in effects. Needs new strings but even the original battery still worked.

Congrats! Free guitar is a good guitar. Plus a Mosrite-ish guitar. Play us some Ramones! =O)

Back
Top Bottom