Post your rigs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
E_O..... (thats what everyone else calls you!):wave:
Whats the Digitech Synth-Wah like? I've seen one here on Amazon for around £60, is it worth it? For using with the likes of The Fly?

E_O..... (thats what everyone else calls you!):wave:
Whats the Digitech Synth-Wah like? I've seen one here on Amazon for around £60, is it worth it? For using with the likes of The Fly?

First that I've seen of Edge with one was NLOTH sessions. I think the intro to "Magnificent" is the SynthWah (and Whammy set to an octave down)

The SynthWah is used in "...Boots" too. You can hear the 'wooosh' bit, that is the SynthWah

‪U2 Get on your Boots guitar cover‬‏ - YouTube

‪U2 Get On Your Boots - guitar cover - attempt #1 of 2‬‏ - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGXo7SXEiC4&feature=related

Ahh great thanks!
I just thought it worked as a plain Auto-Wah...
Nevermind though!

One of the only Auto-Wahs Edge uses is really only the A3 in "Mysterious Ways."

Edge does the Fly wah himself (can be seen in any video) and during the "Get On Your Boots" bridge, it's Dallas who plays the wah pedal on stage while Edge is wondering off on the stage. Seen during concerts and very visible at the Glastonbury coverage.

One of the only Auto-Wahs Edge uses is really only the A3 in "Mysterious Ways."

Edge does the Fly wah himself (can be seen in any video) and during the "Get On Your Boots" bridge, it's Dallas who plays the wah pedal on stage while Edge is wondering off on the stage. Seen during concerts and very visible at the Glastonbury coverage.

Usually Dallas is playing the wah bit off stage. Glasto was a different situation.

My Beginner Rig

Guitars
PRS Custom 22 Semi Hollow
Squirer Bullet Strat (Real cheap but I think I lucked out and got a nice sounding one)
Jet (or something like that) Telecaster Clone (Given to me by a colleague)
Yamaha APX500 Electro Acoustic

Pedal
TC Electronics Nova Delay (In post)
Proco Rat 2 (In Post)
Line 6 HD400 running into a roland cube through the AUX input to run as a small speaker and bypass the modelling circuit or headphones when I get complaints.

Future Amp
I´m currently modelling the Hiwatt, /13 or AC30TB through the HD400 but I want an Tube Amp but dont know which one to go for for home practice use (One I can get gain from but not wake the neighbours by having to crank the volume) but good enough that I can also use at a jam session.

Future Guitar
Les Paul or Gretsch Semi Hollow body - havent decided yet - or even the new line 6 modelling guitar.

The Vox AC4 is a great amp that you can get good gain at neighbor friendly volumes and can also crank it for a jam session. I've not used mine with a drummer so I can't tell you there but it is a great practice amp and I recommend it. You said you're looking for a tube amp right?

+1 on the AC4. Great sounding little amp. Nice cleans and breaks up very easy on the 1/4 watt setting.
not sure about playing with a drummer but you can connect it to a 4x12 and see what happens :hyper:

Effects:

TC Electronics PolyTune. Great tuner.

DSC01586.jpg

Death By Audio Harmonic Transformer

DSC01592.jpg

Durham Sex Drive

DSC01600.jpg

Lovetone Meatball

DSC01598.jpg

Digitech SynthWah

DSC01602.jpg

EH Pog

DSC01595.jpg

Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun

DSC01596.jpg

A few of the many Boss pedals I own...

0731082124.jpg

I have lots of stompboxes. I guess I should take some more pictures...
I LOVE that music rising LP :hyper: I want one sooo bad!

I don't have any Pictures but here is my equiment.

Guitar:
2010 Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) Black w/White Pickguard and Maple Fingerboard. Great guitar, It was a little tough choosing it. Went between a strat and explorer and settled on the strat. I have considered doing some modifications to make it like Edge's all black '73 Strat. But I think I'll keep it the way it is. Next guitar will probably be a Les Paul, then the Explorer, and so on...

The Amp is this little Crappy thing I got with a previous knockoff, before the Strat. I like playing through my Mac using a USB Midi Interface and GarageBand, but it's not the best sound Quality. I will probably pick up an AC15VR around my Birthday next month. I went into Long and McQuade with a friend last week, picked up an Explorer and plugged it in along with a Boss DD-7. Boy, did that ever sound awesome. I played 'Bad', 'Beautiful Day', 'Pride' and a few others through an AC30 and AC15 with the DD-7. Wow, the sound was so amazing and so close to the real thing, I was sold. It's an amazing amp.

Effects:
I bought a Line 6 M13 Stompbox Modeler, slightly used but only a couple months old from a guy west of Toronto. I had a concert to play the next week and I only had the Strat and the crappy amp. The M13 is a great unit, I have filled all the Scenes with U2 songs :D. Most of the presets sound good but I don't think I have completely unleashed them because it seems like the amp makes quite a difference in the sound (as I discovered last week when I played through the AC15 and AC30). With my current amp, the best presets are the ones with filter and modulation, such as 'Zooropa' which I perfected last week and I think it sounds great. Songs using some of the Line 6 Drives such as 'Vertigo' are sounding really good too, the main riff in particular, although some parts need some tweaking. The songs that use more delays (Streets, Pride, Bad..etc..) are OK but will probably sound better with the new amp. I think with the current amp, the M13's Filters and Drives sound the best right now, Reverbs and Delays sound better with a better amp based on some experimentation and others' Youtube videos. Although I wouldn't mind getting a DD-20 for delays and an A3 for other stuff. And in time, possibly an Axe FX.

He never claimed it was a part of his setup. I'm not sure where you're getting that he's claiming it's his setup when he clearly states it's a sticker merely for decoration. :huh:

the tourist said:
He never claimed it was a part of his setup. I'm not sure where you're getting that he's claiming it's his setup when he clearly states it's a sticker merely for decoration. :huh:

Correct! Simply decoration :huh:

Here's most of my stompboxes:

No photoshop. no stickers. just pedals. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Line 6 M13
DSC03917.jpg

Death By Audio Harmonic Transformer
DSC03915.jpg

Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun
DSC03915.jpg

Kay Fuzz / Rab Fuzz Clone. Not sure who made it. Helena bought it for me for my birthday last year. (Thanks again, Helena!)
DSC03913.jpg

Pigtronix Disnortion (3 effects in 1 -- Octava, Fuzz and Overdrive). I got one as I saw Ben Curtis (formerly of Secret Machines / recently of School of Seven Bells) using one. He's the guy that turned Edge on to the Death By Audio products.
DSC03912.jpg

Red Witch Fuzz God II (It's very Fuzz Gun-y)
DSC03911.jpg

Custom Audio Electronix / MXR Boost Overdrive (Edge has one on his pedalboard during the NLOTH session and was later seen in the pedalboard pic that he Tweeted in November 2009)
DSC03910.jpg

Route 66 Overdrive Compressor (TubeScreamer-y overdrive + compressor)
DSC03909.jpg

Digitech Synth Wah
DSC03908.jpg

Sobbat DB-1 Drivebreaker
DSC03907.jpg

Emma Discumbobulator
DSC03906.jpg

Electro-Harmonix Holier Grail (Edge has one on his pedalboard during the NLOTH session and was later seen in the pedalboard pic that he Tweeted in November 2009)
DSC03904.jpg

Stompboxes continued:

Digitech WH-1 Whammy
DSC03901.jpg
[/B]

Boss DC-3 Digital Dimension (it's actually pink, the lighting is altering the colors a bit)
DSC03900.jpg

DTS: SDD-3KP
DSC03899.jpg

Boss PW-2 Power Driver (which IS actually orange)
DSC03898.jpg

Boss PH-2 Super Phaser
DSC03897.jpg

Boss RV-3 Digital Reverb / Delay
DSC03896.jpg

Danelectro Dan Echo - Analog delay
DSC03895.jpg

Danelectro Cool Cat - Analog chorus
DSC03894.jpg

DOD FX-10 Bi-Fet PreAmp
DSC03893.jpg

Durham Sex Drive - boost
DSC03892.jpg

And yet MORE sstompboxes

Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
DSC03891.jpg

Boss TR-2 Tremolo
DSC03890.jpg

Psionic Audio Z2 (Guyatone Zoom clone w/U2 'Boy' graphic # 5 of 13 -- The builder said # 1 of 13 went to Dallas/The Edge)
DSC03888.jpg

Boss OD-2 Turbo Overdrive
DSC03887.jpg

Boss OD-2r (I actually prefer the OD-2r to the OD-2)
DSC03884.jpg

Boss SD-1
DSC03885.jpg

Boss DS-1 Distortion
DSC03882.jpg

Boss CE-3 Chorus
DSC03881.jpg

Boss AW-2 AutoWah
DSC03880.jpg

Boss EH-2 Enhancer (Cleans up tone at the end of long chain of pedals)
DSC03879.jpg

Boss PSM-5 Power Supply/ Master Switch
DSC03877.jpg

Boss CS-2 Compressor / Sustainer
DSC03875.jpg

Back
Top Bottom