Songs of Surrender - New album discussion - 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let’s see if the Tracy Morgan tiktok gains any traction…

727ec0cf-b604-4255-91e6-24ad6e3fdf99_text.gif

U2songs is saying the 17th or thereabouts for the album. Would logically be 18, but not sure why it would have a gap from the book

Maybe the single comes out with the book and the album comes separately? It does seem like it would make more sense to have wacko U2 fans but both dying physical mediums at the same time, but I guess they figure that if you're the type of U2 fan who needs to have a physical copy of the album that you'll buy it whenever... so by separating the two it gives the book some time to breath on its own

yeah I'd guess they want this to be seen as a Bono memoir more than a U2 thing.

yeah I'd guess they want this to be seen as a Bono memoir more than a U2 thing.

yes and no. if they realllllly wanted a separation of church and state here they wouldn't have named the album Songs of Surrender.

related/unrelated - i've said this before, but holy hell please stop with the "Songs Of..." theme.

yes and no. if they realllllly wanted a separation of church and state here they wouldn't have named the album Songs of Surrender.

related/unrelated - i've said this before, but holy hell please stop with the "Songs Of..." theme.

The only way to separate church and state is to actually call the church.

If they want to follow modern release strategies they should release the first single now and the coming months the next two or three singles.... but it's u2. Oldfashioned and pushing deadlines??????

Hey guys, I just saw the future and heard the soundbites from the Songs of Resting on our Laurels album promo and some rejoinders to it!

- we wanted to let the songwriting shine (how did previous arrangements hobble the "songwriting"?)
- we wanted to focus on the melodies (what we couldn't hear them before?)
- i just learned to sing (you didn't)
- this isn't nostalgaic because when we reimagined these songs we realized they're as relevant now as when they were written (it is)
- the next album will rock (it won't)

Oh, did you hallucinate a post where I talked about the quality of the music?

Yeah. You were clever and left your uninformed criticism to be about imaginary quotes instead. He walked right into that trap that you expertly laid and the existence of says nothing about how you lazily resort to blind criticism of things you know nothing about. Well done you.

Yeah. You were clever and left your uninformed criticism to be about imaginary quotes instead. He walked right into that trap that you expertly laid and the existence of says nothing about how you lazily resort to blind criticism of things you know nothing about. Well done you.

Are you ok? Headache was hallucinating - what's up with you?

I was joking about the predictable, repetitive and often untrue lines they've used and reused over the last 20+ years of album and tour promo and that they'll probably reuse this time around. U2 have more of a sense of humour about U2 than some fans do.

I was joking about the predictable, repetitive and often untrue lines they've used and reused over the last 20+ years of album and tour promo and that they'll probably reuse this time around. U2 have more of a sense of humour about U2 than some fans do.

Eh. Your crusade is boring.

Headache and I are plenty critical of the band - it’s just we tend to wait until they actually do things before we speak.

i literally have an image of fat bono at the beach, old bearded santa clayton, scuba diving edge and whatever we want to call the corpse of larry mullen jr. these days photoshopped into the Joshua Tree album cover as my avatar.

but yes - it's because i don't have a sense of humor about the band.

I still find myself randomly laughing about how there's been a thread on here referring to "Songs of Ass Scent"

Back
Top Bottom