Post Here If You're Still Holding Out Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you still holding out?

• Total voters
Ya it's one big happy family in here:hug: Im most excited to come and chat with everyone here about the album:D Don't worry, I love picking apart lyrics and meanings of songs too so that'll be fun:applaud:

I haven't heard Magnificent yet but I can't wait!

Larry rocks! That video did it for me:love:

Ooooh great, I cannot wait to discuss the album with everyone here and I just LOVE picking apart lyrics and meanings of songs, so much fun to be had there :applaud:

Ohhh you're gonna love magnificent........its amazing! I cannot wait to hear it on the album :heart:

Aha, I've just discovered Larry is a scorpio.......I'm into astrology :up: Uh oh, all my celeb crushes are scorpio so I didn't need to look really, so Larry is scorpio and Bono has moon in scorpio.........:heart:

That video is just beautiful :drool:

Ooooh great, I cannot wait to discuss the album with everyone here and I just LOVE picking apart lyrics and meanings of songs, so much fun to be had there :applaud:

Ohhh you're gonna love magnificent........its amazing! I cannot wait to hear it on the album :heart:

Aha, I've just discovered Larry is a scorpio.......I'm into astrology :up: Uh oh, all my celeb crushes are scorpio so I didn't need to look really, so Larry is scorpio and Bono has moon in scorpio.........:heart:

That video is just beautiful :drool:

U should watch the making of the video. I've seen it on youtube a few times. It's pretty cool:D

I don't really know much about astrology but I like to read my horoscope in magazines and stuff. That's always fun. I'm an aquarius (don't know if that's how you spell it lol)

So I was just thinking if we're this excited about the new cd, how's it gonna be for a U2 show. OMG I can't even imagine the excitment factor for that:hyper: You're still planning on going to a show right? I'm hoping for a stop in Minneapolis cuz then I only have to drive 6 hours:wink:

U should watch the making of the video. I've seen it on youtube a few times. It's pretty cool:D

I don't really know much about astrology but I like to read my horoscope in magazines and stuff. That's always fun. I'm an aquarius (don't know if that's how you spell it lol)

So I was just thinking if we're this excited about the new cd, how's it gonna be for a U2 show. OMG I can't even imagine the excitment factor for that:hyper: You're still planning on going to a show right? I'm hoping for a stop in Minneapolis cuz then I only have to drive 6 hours:wink:

Oooh I'm a gemini so I get on famously with aquarius :D

Yep, god only knows what we'd be like for a show? :ohmy: :applaud: Yeah I hope they do one near me, I don't wanna travel for miles and miles you know......its hard for me to get there, but if they do a local show.......I'm there!! :D

I shall check out the making of the video on youtube, thanks :up: I wanna be that mermaid :drool:

Oooh I'm a gemini so I get on famously with aquarius :D

Yep, god only knows what we'd be like for a show? :ohmy: :applaud: Yeah I hope they do one near me, I don't wanna travel for miles and miles you know......its hard for me to get there, but if they do a local show.......I'm there!! :D

I shall check out the making of the video on youtube, thanks :up: I wanna be that mermaid :drool:

:lol:That is one lucky mermaid!

Yeah I have no choice but to travel for a show. Either gotta drive 6 hours to the US or fly to Toronto. I don't mind though. I have lots of money saved and it's gonna be well worth it:love:

Definitely check out the making of. It's really cool.

:lol:That is one lucky mermaid!

Yeah I have no choice but to travel for a show. Either gotta drive 6 hours to the US or fly to Toronto. I don't mind though. I have lots of money saved and it's gonna be well worth it:love:

Definitely check out the making of. It's really cool.

Be really good if we could get to show though :D God the excitement hehe :lol: my friend has seen them on the popmart tour and I think he's still excited about it now.:lol:

Ooooh yeah ,I shall deffo have a look at that on youtube.......makes you see larry in a whole different light :heart:

Be really good if we could get to show though :D God the excitement hehe :lol: my friend has seen them on the popmart tour and I think he's still excited about it now.:lol:

Ooooh yeah ,I shall deffo have a look at that on youtube.......makes you see larry in a whole different light :heart:

Yeah the more I think about the new album and the more I watch all the concert dvds I have of theirs the more excited I get:hyper:
I just hope I can get some decent seats with this presale.

Yeah the more I think about the new album and the more I watch all the concert dvds I have of theirs the more excited I get:hyper:
I just hope I can get some decent seats with this presale.

I will keep my fingers crossed for decent seats for you. :up:
I just hope they play near me.....woooohooo! :applaud: The albums not even out yet and we're already excited about a tour:lol:

I've just ordered myself some cds of theirs I haven't got, I have some on my mp3 but not on actual cd, I don't have all their stuff yet, I'm still a newbie.:lol: so I just ordered Pop, ATYCLB and HTDAAB...........:applaud: I also want to get the vertigo live in chicago dvd and popmart dvd......but that'll have to wait for next time :D

I will keep my fingers crossed for decent seats for you. :up:
I just hope they play near me.....woooohooo! :applaud: The albums not even out yet and we're already excited about a tour:lol:

I've just ordered myself some cds of theirs I haven't got, I have some on my mp3 but not on actual cd, I don't have all their stuff yet, I'm still a newbie.:lol: so I just ordered Pop, ATYCLB and HTDAAB...........:applaud: I also want to get the vertigo live in chicago dvd and popmart dvd......but that'll have to wait for next time :D

Haha yeah well with a new album always comes a tour:applaud:

Cool. Hope you enjoy having the actual cds now:D
Oh you have to get the Vertigo Tour from Chicago dvd. That's one of my favs! It's really good:heart:

Oh you have to get the Vertigo Tour from Chicago dvd. That's one of my favs! It's really good:heart:

Oooh I'll get that one next, thats next up on my list. I already have it in my basket on amazon :D:applaud:

Have you seen the Slane Castle dvd? I really enjoyed that one. :heart:
Yep thought was about time I owned some more of their cds, along with my best of, 18singles plus dvd, and my achtung baby........:heart: I WILL get all their stuff, I will:lol: mind you I have quite a bit on my mp3 as well :up: but I do like to buy the actual cds as well.

I've just done a quiz on facebook 'which member of u2 are you? search for it, its fun!! I'm Larry......ahahahahaha:lol:

Well I live close to Pittsburgh. Y'all can come on down and catch them with me in either Pittsburgh, Philly, or D.C.

Also, watch the Live from Slane DVD, blows any other concert video I've ever seen out of the water.

I'm so effing amped, this is why holding out was worth it. The anticipation is awesome. I was at the music store yesterday and saw the posters, got me fired up.

I'm a Taurus. ;)

Oooh I'll get that one next, thats next up on my list. I already have it in my basket on amazon :D:applaud:

Have you seen the Slane Castle dvd? I really enjoyed that one. :heart:
Yep thought was about time I owned some more of their cds, along with my best of, 18singles plus dvd, and my achtung baby........:heart: I WILL get all their stuff, I will:lol: mind you I have quite a bit on my mp3 as well :up: but I do like to buy the actual cds as well.

I've just done a quiz on facebook 'which member of u2 are you? search for it, its fun!! I'm Larry......ahahahahaha:lol:

Yeah having the actualy albums is way better. I just put them all onto my ipod too:D

I'll check out that quiz, thanks! Anything to make the time go by faster

Well I live close to Pittsburgh. Y'all can come on down and catch them with me in either Pittsburgh, Philly, or D.C.

Also, watch the Live from Slane DVD, blows any other concert video I've ever seen out of the water.

I'm so effing amped, this is why holding out was worth it. The anticipation is awesome. I was at the music store yesterday and saw the posters, got me fired up.

I'm a Taurus. ;)

Don't think I'll be able to make it to Pittsburg. That is nowhere near where I live. Minneapolis, Minnesota is the closest to my town. I'm six hours away in Thunder Bay, Ontario:D

The Slane Castle dvd is definitely one of my favs too. It's awesome!:love:

Yeah I was at HMV the other day and they had all the posters up too:hyper:

imo Vertigo from Chicago is pretty awful. It's a bit underrehearsed and the crowd is totally boring.
Elevation Slane castle or Vertigo Milan are much better!

. . . must be why I can't leave . . . :) can't wait to hear what you all think of it when it finally arrives :up:

Yeah it's too much fun in here:hug:

imo Vertigo from Chicago is pretty awful. It's a bit underrehearsed and the crowd is totally boring.
Elevation Slane castle or Vertigo Milan are much better!

I kinda like the Chicago show. I'm partial to Where the Street Have No Name performance with all the flags behind them.:D

I haven't seen the Milan show yet though.

I'm still hanging on. Although I'm as sick as a dog today, so if I die before Tuesday, I am going to have some seriously unpleasant words to say to {insert deity of choice here} when I get to {insert afterlife scenario of choice here}.

I couldn't take it anymore! I downloaded the album and listend to it today....

:laugh: No just kididng. Tha'd bestupidest thing ever if I caved now. 2 days and a little bit to go :hyper:

:lol:Good One! Yeah that would have been so bad giving in when there is only two more days. Can't Wait:hyper:

I'm still hanging on. Although I'm as sick as a dog today, so if I die before Tuesday, I am going to have some seriously unpleasant words to say to {insert deity of choice here} when I get to {insert afterlife scenario of choice here}.

Awww I hope you feel better soon:hug: Before Tuesday at least so u can really enjoy the album:D

BLG4782_M1.jpg
&
chicken-noodle-soup_bowl2.JPG
& :hug: for you

I know I have like a week more to go...

:hug: you will quite possibly be the one to take the NLOTH Survivor Crown . . . what to do for a prize now :hmm:

my local supermarket that put other new albums out a few days early didn't have it sadly but I guess that's because it's U2. EMBARGOS AND SECRET SHIT!!! OMG....:wink:

i am joking of course, but the shops open in 15 minutes so I'm off to fetch it before uni, then getting the double LP when I go out to Bristol since they have a Fopp still so nowhere else I can go :ohmy: REALLY excited though!! :hyper:

just bought it! :) SORT of wish I'd bought the digipak but I just wanted to get this as soon as possible. Only two tracks in, but I think you guys are going to love it!

We'll leave a copy of the cd in your casket. Or would you like to have the cd played at your funeral?

Just got the boxset, its GORGEOUS!!! :yippie::yippie: Its been put together so lovingly. Can't wait to get stuck in.

All around my local town centre U2 were blasting out of shops. not only the music stores but random bookshops too, it was great.

Can't believe I'm finally setting sail from the island. :sad::sad: Thank you everyone for your kind words and endless support, it really bolstered me when I was on the verge of caving. :hug::hug:

I'll miss you all.

But will see you in other threads for discussing the new album. :D:D

Still holding out.....one more day. Only heard Boots and Magnificent...I consider that still holding out. And I'm so glad I did...Next is holding off from looking at any set list threads once the tour starts :)

I think it is an amazing accomplishment that you can resist the temptation and I am not joking.
Well you are in for a real treat. This is the best rockrecord ever recorded by a band where the members are all over 45. They did a great job!

Still holding out.....one more day. Only heard Boots and Magnificent...I consider that still holding out. And I'm so glad I did...Next is holding off from looking at any set list threads once the tour starts :)

Hey fellow holder outer:wave:
Yeah I've only heard Boots and Winter:D It's gonna be so tempting to look at the setlist for the tour. I don't wanna ruin the show for myself either though:wink:

I think it is an amazing accomplishment that you can resist the temptation and I am not joking.
Well you are in for a real treat. This is the best rockrecord ever recorded by a band where the members are all over 45. They did a great job!

:wave:I can't wait!!!!!

:wave:

Hey guys!! I'm just checking in, how are we all doing? :hug: One more day Kristen?:heart:
I'm just about to take my first listen of the cd in a few minutes......wooop :hyper: but hell I'll be back in this thread of course to continue with the support for you guys :D

Hey Girl:wave:
Yep one more day for me...But NO MORE DAYS FOR YOU:applaud:
I'm really excited for ya! Yes please come back here and tell me how the first listen goes:D

I am waiting on my listening party After Midnight tonight.....midnight is where the horizon begins.
Got a random text Friday night from a friend I had not talked to in two years. The text said "The new U2 album is incredible." He tends to be a tougher critic. He is a huge fan of late eighties and nineties U2. That made me even more excited to hear the album. My sister listened to most of the album and she said it is very different from their other albums. She loved NLOTH the song and Magnificent, I do know that.
Hope you guys are doing well and still hanging on!!

Back
Top Bottom