Eno said...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2's best songs are slow songs!
"with or without you" "bad" "all i want is you" "one" "stay" "stuck in a moment" "sometimes you can't makle it" "origin of the species"

i hope this new album has a song as powerfull as "one" or "stay"

"with or without you" "bad" "all i want is you" "one" "stay" "stuck in a moment" "sometimes you can't makle it" "origin of the species"

Moment of Surrender already brings to mind a vast landscape of sound for some reason.
I'm probably so wrong.. but I hope you are right shaun vox.
I'm so ready for what's next.

you make it difficult to agree with you, but you are right.

they also do the rockers right too -- i.e., streets, the fly, disctotheque, gone, etc. but for the most part it is the slow /medium paced songs that they write that are the masterpieces. also, i am surprised you enjoy stuck but it is nice to see some 00's love from you :wink:

you make it difficult to agree with you, but you are right.

they also do the rockers right too -- i.e., streets, the fly, disctotheque, gone, etc. but for the most part it is the slow /medium paced songs that they write that are the masterpieces. also, i am surprised you enjoy stuck but it is nice to see some 00's love from you :wink:

I think it was Adam that said once that mid tempo ballads came so easily to them that they call them salads. Stateless on MDH was one of those beautiful ballads that just didn't fit for U2 so Bono put it on MDH. Larry asked him why he gave that song to the movie and Bono said "Well when I played it for you all you did was yawn." God only knows how many of those ballads they have lying around in the archives.

Dana

idk but based on the title, the only real thing we got for now, I think that it can be about been humble in front of the humble people (as in african people struggling for a better economy, etc) and learning from them important stuff...a moment of surrender to learn :) or not? lol

I don't care if it's slow or fast, as long as it's good. I could handle something trippy like IYWTVD (Velvet Dress). Love the atmosphere on that song, and the trippy guitar...yes!!

I do want to hear strong guitar work though. Not so much the echo clang, clingy clang that was all over the last album. It has it's moments (Streets, Original, etc). But not every song on the album!

I don't care if it's slow or fast, as long as it's good. I could handle something trippy like IYWTVD (Velvet Dress). Love the atmosphere on that song, and the trippy guitar...yes!!

I was thinking exactly the same thing. That song melts me, so cool, smooth and almost effortless.

I'm afraid that "moment of surrender" means that u2 surrender... maybe the song is the last of their last album

I'm afraid that "moment of surrender" means that u2 surrender... maybe the song is the last of their last album
I see it more as the moment you give up and accept your love for a particular individual. Surrendering your heart as it were.

Don't forget about Kite! Another one of their slow masterpieces and also my absolute all-time favourite U2 track.

idk but based on the title, the only real thing we got for now, I think that it can be about been humble in front of the humble people (as in african people struggling for a better economy, etc) and learning from them important stuff...a moment of surrender to learn :) or not? lol
Yeah, but I imagine it could probably have something to do with the World War I poetry Bono read while in Morocco last year. That's one of the things that makes U2 songs so great, everyone interpret them in a different manner.

I think MOS is a response song to Corey Hart's 'Never Surrender'...

Maybe this whole album is response songs. Hopefully we'll get U2's response to 'Like a Virgin'.

^ maybe its a response to ' Who's gonna ride your wild horses ', that question still hasnt been answered.

love the fast shit by u2, but in the end my favorite songs are the slow ones (Stay, One, All I want is You, etc.).

Really looking forward to hearing this track; it's Eno and Lanois...it going to be great.

Moments of Surrender could also have a religious theme.

Now how surprising would that be?

:wink:

So now we have 3 titles: Eno confirmed Moment of Surrender, and from those U2.com reports from Morocco, For your love and Two birds (* and Mercy if it will be on this album).
I'm thinking faith inspired lyrics too.

So now we have 3 titles: Eno confirmed Moment of Surrender, and from those U2.com reports from Morocco, For your love and Two birds (*Mercy).
I'm thinking faith inspired lyrics too.

...and No Line on The Horizon as well. Although those Fez titles were working titles at the time according to Bono, I seem to remember.

Dublin, Ireland 2007-2008
  • Moment of Surrender - U2valencia report, June 2008
  • No Line On The Horizon - USAToday interview, January 2008

Fez, Morocco summer 2007
  • For Your Love - Interview telquel-online.com, June 2007
  • One Bird - Same as above, June 2007

2004->
  • Thank You/Thank You For The Day - Bono/Lanois collaboration, Beach Clip July 2006
  • If I Could Live My Life Again - Bono in Conversation with Michka Assayas.
  • Love Is All We Have Left - NBC interview, May 2006

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb leftovers:
  • Mercy - leaked 2004-2005 (?)
  • North Star - Interview with organ player Michael W. Smith, March 2005
  • Lead Me In The Way I Should Go - Grammy Magazine interview 2003
  • You Can't Give Away Your Heart - First mentioned in SPIN Magazine interview 2001.

...and No Line on The Horizon as well. Although those Fez titles were working titles at the time according to Bono, I seem to remember.

Dublin, Ireland 2007-2008
  • Moment of Surrender - U2valencia report, June 2008
  • No Line On The Horizon - USAToday interview, January 2008

Fez, Morocco summer 2007
  • For Your Love - Interview telquel-online.com, June 2007
  • One Bird - Same as above, June 2007

2004->
  • Thank You/Thank You For The Day - Bono/Lanois collaboration, Beach Clip July 2006
  • If I Could Live My Life Again - Bono in Conversation with Michka Assayas.
  • Love Is All We Have Left - NBC interview, May 2006

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb leftovers:
  • Mercy - leaked 2004-2005 (?)
  • North Star - Interview with organ player Michael W. Smith, March 2005
  • Lead Me In The Way I Should Go - Grammy Magazine interview 2003
  • You Can't Give Away Your Heart - First mentioned in SPIN Magazine interview 2001.

Somewhere along the HTDAAB era was a song called "sky hawk" which maybe became "one bird"???? i dont remember the source of Sky hawk and also treason.

Why are we speculating about the meaning behind Moment of Surrender when we haven't seen the lyrics? How can anyone know until we see lyrics and hear the song?

Why are we speculating about the meaning behind Moment of Surrender when we haven't seen the lyrics? How can anyone know until we see lyrics and hear the song?

why not? it's purely that- speculation based on the title. I see nothing wrong with people doing that.

Somewhere along the HTDAAB era was a song called "sky hawk" which maybe became "one bird"???? i dont remember the source of Sky hawk and also treason.

Treason is a track supposedly produced by Dr. Dre. I'm still waiting for that song to come out.

Skyhawk I thought might have become Vertigo but I don't think so anymore. I'm not sure what became of it or what happened to it.

Back
Top Bottom