Do you think/What if the album sucks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepokiss

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
what if everyone finds it bad...

I mean, like (at least I think) Depeche Mode's EXCITER.. that, really, doesn't excites me in any way... maybe to press STOP in the cd player

or like THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT?...

or like ST ANGER???

what could happen if after this 5 years they deliver a BAD album? something that nobody understands, with bad lyrics and crappy instruments?

have you ever thought that ?

wuold that be the end?

I don't know, I'm throwing thougths here...

and yes, I'm bored

It won't be bad, whatever it is.

Whether or not it will be on par with JT or AB is another story.

At the very least, it'll be in the same vein as HTDAAB.

Although they're saying it's a departure from that.
They're also saying how great it is.

Eh.

It'll be at least good. Not terrible.
:love:

One of my favourite bands spent six years recording and album and when it came out it sucked. I honestly just stopped listening to them for a good part of a year and now don't even care about their new album; if U2 done it, I would probably react the same way.

They've already done this. Twice.

/overly predictable post

One of my favourite bands spent six years recording and album and when it came out it sucked. I honestly just stopped listening to them for a good part of a year and now don't even care about their new album; if U2 done it, I would probably react the same way.
Out of curiously, which band was it?

I mean, like (at least I think) Depeche Mode's EXCITER.. that, really, doesn't excites me
hahaha :tongue:

it's funny though that this album seems like it'd be upbeat or something given the name, but it's rather bland and uninspired.

as for the new U2 album, if it sucks, it sucks. i really doubt it'll be the end but if i don't like it, well, it might be the last U2 album i buy. not liking three albums in a row is a bit much.

The beach clips were awesome, maybe the other songs carry the same quality. :hmm: :|

I think U2 is a band that can never be held to standards, They are U2..not just some band. Anything U2 will always be U2, good or bad. They will always be respected, loved or hated. They have released classic captured live material (red rocks,rattle and hum) and recorded gems (achtung baby). Anything New from U2 just makes me feel lucky that I am alive in this corner of the world to say, "hey..isnt this new u2 cd awesome".

Even if it is "bad" to critics, give it to me...i need more U2 in my life.

It happened before and the band survived.

Lanois sucks for all that hype though, if it happens.

It happened before and the band survived.

Lanois sucks for all that hype though, if it happens.

yeah if this album really isn't that great, Lanois is an idiot, plain and simple...I mean the things he has been saying are unbelievable...it's not just normal hype, that's the thing...saying that we will hear some of Bono's best vocals and lyrics EVER is doing something more than simple hype....this album cannot be bad...

Lanois and Bono should shut up 1 year before a resease. It's been like this with the 2 previous ablums and they are obviously not the best 2 albums at all.
Even if the album is not fantastic, the more excitment we get before the album release, the bigger will be the disappointment once we hear it. The same ablum without all those comments "best lyrics, best guitar, best whatever..." might be seen much better than with the comments.... anyway, I hope someone understood what I meant :lol:

Could you imagine the threads here if everyone finds the new album bad? The place would explode. :yikes:

It absolutely boggles the mind.

And Shaun Vox would be hailed as a visionary!! :lol:

I stopped really paying attention to U2 after ATYCLB came out because I disliked it so much. HTDAAB won me back, but if I lose interest in them that way again, I'm not sure I'll ever go back to being a hardcore fan. I think U2 has it left in them to make a brilliant album, and let's face it, even a mediocre U2 album is better than a lot of the junk out there these days.

I mean, like (at least I think) Depeche Mode's EXCITER.. that, really, doesn't excites me in any way... maybe to press STOP in the cd player

or like THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT?...

or like ST ANGER???

what could happen if after this 5 years they deliver a BAD album? something that nobody understands, with bad lyrics and crappy instruments?

have you ever thought that ?

wuold that be the end?

I don't know, I'm throwing thougths here...

and yes, I'm bored

I have to admit I am a bit worried about the new album,
when I heard Kanye West & D'Angelo were major influences on the albums melodys, I imagined a stupid mix of music, like Bono rapping over Achtung Baby/Zooropa style music, I never liked Hip Hop but I know Bono is a fan so its fairly possible they could go down that road [HOPEFULLY NOT THO!], all the talk of ground breaking, new sonic landscapes, and yet the beach clips that leaked seem to be vvv normal music for U2, I do think the clips are v good but nothing that hasent been done before, I really hope U2 make a classic record they definitly have it in them! there arrogance about how good the album is tho,is kinda annoying saying stuff like fans will love it they will be plesantly shocked and surprized, they dont know that for sure because it is new depature for them a new style,

but I do have alot of faith in them, I HOPE THERE RIGHT!

all we have to go on is an unmaginble mix of styles

. Electro influenced music you can dance to,
. Heavy molten metal guitar parts
. Bono is singing like a bird
. Larrys drumming is more inspired and influenced by the late Mitch Mitchell
. The music is v innovative and new territory for U2
. African intruments and a 32 piece orchestra were involved in Fez
. All the rumored titles from interviews.............

U2 new album information from @U2

Who knows, I guess we will just have to wait and see!
not long to wait now! :hyper:, I expect a single this side of christmas! :hyper:

hWAt?
of course it'll suck! or else, what's the use of all the time we put into these forums anyway?
:)

The only realistic way it would suck is if it doesn't live up to the hype that they've been giving it, in which case it's their own fault.

Out of curiously, which band was it?

You'll have never heard of them; they're an Irish band called Aslan

In 1986 Bono stopped them from being signed to a Record Label; so I have a reason not many here have for thinking Bono is an idiot :wink:

yeah if this album really isn't that great, Lanois is an idiot, plain and simple...I mean the things he has been saying are unbelievable...it's not just normal hype, that's the thing...saying that we will hear some of Bono's best vocals and lyrics EVER is doing something more than simple hype....this album cannot be bad...

What would you all rather they said about the album?

Lanois "Yeah I've been working on u2's new album. Bono's lyrics aren't as good as they used to be, and the music ain't no Joshua Tree but really it's okay I guess"
Bono "Edge is playing like a granddad, it's the safest record we've ever made. But I like it, it's nowhere near as good as the rest of our work but hey at least it's new."

What else are they gonna say about the album? Really what do you all want them to say?

I hope new album will be cohesive and not a mishmash of styles. Given the information we have, I'm afraid it could end up being 'a little bit of everything'

well

What would you all rather they said about the album?

Lanois "Yeah I've been working on u2's new album. Bono's lyrics aren't as good as they used to be, and the music ain't no Joshua Tree but really it's okay I guess"
Bono "Edge is playing like a granddad, it's the safest record we've ever made. But I like it, it's nowhere near as good as the rest of our work but hey at least it's new."

What else are they gonna say about the album? Really what do you all want them to say?

This kind of hype from Lanois is just ridiculous - even for a band with hypemaster Bono.

Say something more specific other than "We're getting lost in the music, we're writing sooo much material we don't even know when it's coming out. But it's going great, really !" (and we're switching producers but it's all good, honest) and give more specific reasons for the delays, especially considering this is the longest wait between U2 albums.
At least give us a hint of the timeplan for the album/tour, or even just say something about a single. And you can surely give us something more substantial than those tiny vids on U2.com.

Back
Top Bottom