Ali Thread #11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Ali's hair length a lot, I don't think I've seen her hair so long in quite a while.

Also, she barely wears any make up in these latest pictures, she looks very natural and I think she's absolutely gorgeous, inside and out :up:

One of the reasons, I respect Ali. Is because, she loved Bono long before he was famous and wealthy. She would have married him. If he was a truck driver or office worker. I think this says a lot about her character.

Bono is a lucky man!

Well, yeah...That's all great but there are millions of women who married 'non-famous' guys :) So it's not like Ali did something very unusual and amazing when she decided to marry a guy whos wasn't famous and wealthy ;) They both just have fallen in love with each other...:) -Beautiful but not that unusual thing :)
Fallowing this way of thinking we could easilly assume (and that would be wrong) that Morleigh and Adam's girlfriend who met the guys when they already have been 'famous and wealthy' haven't that great relationship because there were fame and money ivolved...

I mean- I really love Bono and Ali together, I think they are absolutely great couple. But I don't think that we have to 'worship' Ali for marrying Bono back then ;);) They both just had good luck to meet 'that only one' when they were so young :)

Anyway- Ali looks absolutely beuatiful. That hair-lenghts totally suits her!

Yeah the great thing about Bono and Ali's marriage is they have managed to keep it alive for such a long time, with so many separations and with all this fame thing around them for so many years and the credit for that goes to both of them, she has surely been very brave dealing with all this, and he, lets say it, there aren't so many men who will remember their wife and children when they have a supermodel or a superyoung girl before them.

^^Yep, neither one are jealous or greedy people That's the key. Can you imagine how insane that would be? Especially for Ali. She understands him, and lets him do his thing.
How in the world could their marriage survive all that if she were the jealous type?
I loved what B said about her when he goes away on tour. She throws a big party with her girl friends and doesn't seem to miss him a bit. I am sure she does, but she just gets on with her life. I love that about her! Such a great person.:heart: I think the independence both of them display brings them together. They just support each other, it's how marriage should be.:heart:

I think many many people live similarly, we just don't realize it. My parents are not wealthy by any means but my dad is in sales, for all I know he travels more than Bono. I am like my mom - independent and don't mind having the house to myself (I'm a control freak). My husband used to work 2nd and 3rd shifts doing security so even though he was "home" we would go nearly a week without crossing paths, or even sleeping at the same time. Ali's got plenty going on, I doubt she waits around pining for Bono when he's out and about. To me what is special about Bono and Ali is not that they've stuck together being rich and famous or with all their traveling but that when you see them together you can just tell that they respect each other and watch out for each other. I think in an article Bono once said they just like being around each other. It really can be just that simple.

They give each other the freedom to do what they want and love to do, that's important. They respect each other and they have known each other for so long, I think trust is a very important thing. A marriage like that could never work out if a partner would be jealous or possessive.

Well, yeah...That's all great but there are millions of women who married 'non-famous' guys :) So it's not like Ali did something very unusual and amazing when she decided to marry a guy whos wasn't famous and wealthy ;) They both just have fallen in love with each other...:) -Beautiful but not that unusual thing :)
Fallowing this way of thinking we could easilly assume (and that would be wrong) that Morleigh and Adam's girlfriend who met the guys when they already have been 'famous and wealthy' haven't that great relationship because there were fame and money ivolved...

I mean- I really love Bono and Ali together, I think they are absolutely great couple. But I don't think that we have to 'worship' Ali for marrying Bono back then ;);) They both just had good luck to meet 'that only one' when they were so young :)

Anyway- Ali looks absolutely beuatiful. That hair-lenghts totally suits her!

Hi pkp,

I don't worship Ali. I respect her. I also, respect Morleigh and Anne. I'm not sure if Adam is dating anyone. But, if he is. She must be a lovely person, also. I didn't mention the other ladies. Because, this is a thread about Ali.

Take care and enjoy your time at interference! :wave:

There are lots of great pics here.....:heart:

They give each other the freedom to do what they want and love to do, that's important. They respect each other and they have known each other for so long, I think trust is a very important thing. A marriage like that could never work out if a partner would be jealous or possessive.

:up:

I don't think ANY marriage/relationship works out when a partner is jealous or possessive!! I've seen plenty destroyed myself where neither partner had millions of adoring fans and a posse of supermodels.

All of you girls made good points. It's so rare to see a marriage work anymore. My parents were together for twenty-two years and then just...divorced. And now divorce rate is even higher than ever. I love it when people say to me, "No way has been committed to the same woman. He's around super models and brings girls up on stage."

And I tell them that he's been with the same woman for over 20 years. That, to me, is a great accomplishment. I don't even see every-day-people staying married for that long. And if they are together for that long, they either cheat or split. The older I get, the more I realize how bad the cheating is between married people--almost like it's natural. But when I see Bono and Ali together, they look so comfortable and happy together, like they're friends and a couple. :heart: It gives me hope.

I also think that Ali saved Bono's life and sanity. God put her in his life at just the right moment. She was his calm harbor in the storm of grief. If you read everything he has said about her...and when he first saw her, it's such a beautiful story, tinged with sadness after losing his mother. I think their love story is one of the great ones.:heart:

Hi pkp,

I don't worship Ali. I respect her. I also, respect Morleigh and Anne. I'm not sure if Adam is dating anyone. But, if he is. She must be a lovely person, also. I didn't mention the other ladies. Because, this is a thread about Ali.

Take care and enjoy your time at interference! :wave:

There are lots of great pics here.....:heart:

Well, I don't know you at all so I really don't accuse you of 'worshiping' anyone. Though I must say that when you think about that you can find here in PLEBA clear signs of 'worshiping' here and there;) But that's cool, I guess this is the right place to do that ;) ;) Sorry, my post really wasn't meant as an attack against you @ A Stor. Sorry if that sounded like that.

I only wanted to say that there are MANY great marriages/couples and girls who married 'not-famous, not-wealthy' guys because they just have truly loved them. And for sure also a lots of people who date someone rich/famous but don't give a shit about their material/social position.

By the way- yes Adam is dating a lovely girl since quite a while :) But as you said- it's thread about Ali :)

Sorry again, didn't mean to attack anyone!

To be honest, I know a lot of people and most of them are in some kind of relationship, but I only know very few happy couples, so yes, the marriage of Ali and Bono seems to be something really special, especially considering the circumstances and the fact that most showbiz marriages are quite problematic. I admire both of them and they are certainly good examples when it comes to certain things, but I don't "worship" anyone, because everyone is human and makes mistakes. Thank God they're not perfect after all :)

I haven't said I don't admire them. I do. Sure they are special, they are absolutely great couple, you can see that. But I do know some other couples who are very special too. I just mean that Ali and Bono (BALI- like one of my friends lately called them;) ) aren't the only one amazing couple in this world. But there is no doubt that what they have is beautiful, it's a miracle and I am very happy for them. And I wish everyone to find That Special Someone :) They both have been very lucky :)

I don't think anyone here has said that Ali and Bono are the only "special couple" in the world.

Personally, I don't know many couples whom I would consider "special". Unfortunately, I'm quite disillusioned when it comes to relationship, from my own experience and from what I've seen and what I know from other couples. I don't really believe in relationships, that's why a marriage like that of Ali and Bono seems to me so amazing because it kind of gives me back hope and faith in human relationships. Also, I might add, Bono's relationship to his band mates. Being a U2 fan has certainly helped me to gain faith in human beings again, as corny as that might sound.

Personally, I don't know many couples whom I would consider "special". Unfortunately, I'm quite disillusioned when it comes to relationship, from my own experience and from what I've seen and what I know from other couples..

Well..I'm sorry you've had bad experiences and what fallows that- quite a 'dark' vision of relationships. I guess than I'm quite lucky to see lots of amazing love around me- even the relationship my parents have...And I also know some other amazing, real 'love-stories' around me. Though there is no doubt that relationships are very diificult- this I know from my very own experience :) But I stay positive ;)
Maybe 'special' (quite extreme) stiuations create special felings/relationships...Maybe that's why I've been a witness of some beautiful 'love-stories', beacuse I've lived in the places and situations where love really must be true and strong to survive :)

Anyway- I see my post caused quite a discussion here, hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings. What I really wanted to say was: Sure- Ali and Bono are amazing couple. But I don't find it unusual that a girl marries 'not-famous, not-wealthy guy'... Many people get married just because they are in love :) And that's great :)

^ Of course it is. And no, I don't have a "dark vision", I'm still trying to be positive about the whole relationship stuff. But, oh well, that's just getting too personal, let's stop derailing this thread, ok? :)

It's a good thing they got married when B wasn't famous. If you're that famous, it must be really hard to find someone who truly loves you without having a hidden agenda.

Well, I don't know you at all so I really don't accuse you of 'worshiping' anyone. Though I must say that when you think about that you can find here in PLEBA clear signs of 'worshiping' here and there;) But that's cool, I guess this is the right place to do that ;) ;) Sorry, my post really wasn't meant as an attack against you @ A Stor. Sorry if that sounded like that.

I only wanted to say that there are MANY great marriages/couples and girls who married 'not-famous, not-wealthy' guys because they just have truly loved them. And for sure also a lots of people who date someone rich/famous but don't give a shit about their material/social position.

By the way- yes Adam is dating a lovely girl since quite a while :) But as you said- it's thread about Ali :)

Sorry again, didn't mean to attack anyone!

That's okay and thanks for your reply! :hug:

My husband and I have been married for twenty seven years. We are still in very much in love with each other. He's a great guy! And neither one of us are famous. Just regular, middle age folks. We share two wonderful grown children. And a precious little grand daughter.

This is directed at no one in particular. Just some advice.

There is hope for finding that someone special. Even if you have been hurt in the past. Most of us have been burned by a bad relationship. Don't let that stop you from being happy. I met my husband on my 26th birthday. It was love at first sight. For both of us.

Before we met. Each of us had been hurt by the someone, we thought really loved us. Looking back. Maybe, it was a good thing. A life lesson. Because, it made us appreciate each other, our relationship, even more.

I will grow old with my beautiful man. There is no one, I would rather be with.

I am glad that Adam is dating a lovely girl. I hope she is the "one" for him. I respect Bono and Ali's relationship, because they have been happily married. For as long as my husband and I. Bono has met many beautiful women because of his profession. And some may have made advances towards him. But, he rebukes them. It says a lot about him as a husband. All of it good, of course. He stays faithful to the woman he loves.

edun.jpg

000370ad-270.jpg

Bono's wife Ali Hewson has launched a t-shirt range in an attempt to help African school children. The collection has been made in collaboration with children from Kenya, at London department store Liberty.
1 of 1 Hewson with t-shirts from the range
Hewson with t-shirts from the range

According to The India Times she said "I first travelled to Africa in 1985 with Bono and it was a journey that affected both of us deeply. We both want to show the beauty of the continent."

Hewson hopes to provide funding for basic school supplies, hot lunches and healthcare with the money received from the line. The T-shirts have a dusty and weathered feel to "evoke a trip through the Sahara".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom