silly question about 'Bad'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryanu23

The Fly
I was reading my Propaganda collection book last night and noticed that the reproduction (picture of the actual 'unforgettable fire' Propoganda issue) of the 'Bad' lyrics were shown to be:

"...and find a way."

U2.com lists the same thing. Call me crazy, but it's "...fade away." ??

atu2.com lyrics section lists it as this...

what's going on here?

Whoever they hire to note lyrics really sucks at their job.

yeah...but they must have had the wrong lyrics written down for 20+ years...that seems crazy to me.

There's no doubt it's 'fade away'. It's just that people paid to note down U2's lyrics are idiots. There are a good few examples of mistakes out there.

Not that my brain's doing a good job of recalling any right now ... ah well. If you want accurate lyrics, you want U2Wanderer.org.

It's a shame that the lyrics are often written down completely wrong, but unless they've got the worlds worst typist, I'm guessing that they have exactly same problem as us in working out what the words are.

I'm surprised that after so many years the band hasn't sorted this out, and actually told them what they are.

Saying that though, Bono changes the words in just about every performance anyway, so as soon as the rights ones are written down, they're wrong.

I'm thinking that these may indeed by the 'official' or original lyrics to the song; even though they don't appear in either the studio version or the live versions...that's the only reason I can think of that the '84 issue of propaganda and the u2.com website both have the exact same WRONG lyrics (...or they could have consulted the propaganda issue when transcribing them I guess)

It seems to me that there's no way that they could have independently come up with the same faulty lyrics unless there's an 'official' version written down somewhere...because they are definitely not listening to the song to get the lyrics. Thanks for everyone's replies.

Ellay said:
It's a shame that the lyrics are often written down completely wrong, but unless they've got the worlds worst typist, I'm guessing that they have exactly same problem as us in working out what the words are.

I'm surprised that after so many years the band hasn't sorted this out, and actually told them what they are.

Saying that though, Bono changes the words in just about every performance anyway, so as soon as the rights ones are written down, they're wrong.

i agree with every single word

Back
Top Bottom