Rose Bowl DVD - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that talking here about the "end"? Of course the end will come and it can come anytime. Considering what just happend to Bono it's obvious that all of us are human and life is fragile. But why think of this, instead of enjoying the moment? I'm sure U2 will tour as long as they can and as long as they feel excited and enthusiastic about making music. And maybe IF Bono decided to tune his stage antiques down just a little bit to take care of his body and health, he might be around to perform just a little bit longer :)

Yes, that's right. ( about him coming back even stronger)

Regarding the "end" of the world talk...this is about the Rose Bowl Dvd right? We were just commenting on how the show felt after watching it. That was an observation myself and others made, especially with the additoinal closing comments added by someone who attended the show, this made it even more curious IMO. I have never felt previously like they were giving off a farewell vibe and I attended the FINAL show in Hawaii for Veritgo. That did not have the a final, last ever tour feeling to it. No talk of "hope this isn't the last one" ect...doesn't that make you wonder what Bono is saying?
He was very emotional in Hawaii too, in fact he was crying..but no goodbye forever vibes at all.
You know what I mean. I think we can have our own perspectives and observations, you don't have to agree with me. :D

I wish Live Nation would tell those of us who ordered the box set what they plan to do about it, either way.

Just a warning to all: DO NOT CALL LN AND ASK WHAT IS UP. THAT IS A SURE FIRE WAY TO GET THIS CANCELED OR NOT HONORED.

Trust me on this, just sit tight. Calling will only do damage.

Yes, that's right. ( about him coming back even stronger)

Regarding the "end" of the world talk...this is about the Rose Bowl Dvd right? We were just commenting on how the show felt after watching it. That was an observation myself and others made, especially with the additoinal closing comments added by someone who attended the show, this made it even more curious IMO. I have never felt previously like they were giving off a farewell vibe and I attended the FINAL show in Hawaii for Veritgo. That did not have the a final, last ever tour feeling to it. No talk of "hope this isn't the last one" ect...doesn't that make you wonder what Bono is saying?
He was very emotional in Hawaii too, in fact he was crying..but no goodbye forever vibes at all.
You know what I mean. I think we can have our own perspectives and observations, you don't have to agree with me. :D

That's funny, Jeannieco, I didn't realize you got that feeling just after watching the DVD? Wow. I thought you were also there. Bono was definitely emotional. The vibe was definitely there, but that's why I was anxious to see the DVD, to see if I heard Bono correctly at the end. I thought maybe I had just misheard what he said. That is why I am so bummed they cut it off of the DVD!!

I was at the Honolulu show and totally agree with you, there was absolutely no "this is it" vibe at all.

Now looking at it all, I really think Bono is just a deeply emotional person (wuss! :lol::drool:), and he really was living in the moment, and recognizing it for what it was. An amazing moment, the largest concert ever in the history of the Rose Bowl, that they are unlikely to ever do again as they age. :hug:

I was at the Honolulu show and totally agree with you, there was absolutely no "this is it" vibe at all.
:

I think the fact that Larry had the last word after that show was over made some of us feel like " oh they really will comeback soon" :)

That's funny, Jeannieco, I didn't realize you got that feeling just after watching the DVD? Wow. I thought you were also there. Bono was definitely emotional. The vibe was definitely there, but that's why I was anxious to see the DVD, to see if I heard Bono correctly at the end. I thought maybe I had just misheard what he said. That is why I am so bummed they cut it off of the DVD!!

Now looking at it all, I really think Bono is just a deeply emotional person (wuss! :lol::drool:), and he really was living in the moment, and recognizing it for what it was. An amazing moment, the largest concert ever in the history of the Rose Bowl, that they are unlikely to ever do again as they age. :hug:

Thanks Kinsa :hug: Nope I wasn't there at Rose Bowl, just Bonolulu :D
After hearing what you were saying about the end of the show and the other observations about MOS and Larry and Edge singing their brains out like it was the last time they would sing... ( just an observation...everybody calm down) :) it just made me think of the suit of lights symbolism when he "HUNG IT UP" (another phrase for saying goodbye) on the mike wheel.
It's all making horrible sense to me now. :( But like Cori said I am over thinking it too. So whateva.
And I am just happy that I have tickets for this show next summer when they finally kick it in gear for NA!:D

Just a warning to all: DO NOT CALL LN AND ASK WHAT IS UP. THAT IS A SURE FIRE WAY TO GET THIS CANCELED OR NOT HONORED.

Trust me on this, just sit tight. Calling will only do damage.

Yeah, I know. The less done to bring their attention to it, the better.

I'm just kind of getting antsy. Would love to see it tonight, but which version I'd buy now is dependent on whether or not the LN order will be fulfilled.

After hearing what you were saying about the end of the show and the other observations about MOS and Larry and Edge singing their brains out like it was the last time they would sing... ( just an observation...everybody calm down) :) it just made me think of the suit of lights symbolism when he "HUNG IT UP" (another phrase for saying goodbye) on the mike wheel.
It's all making horrible sense to me now.

I definitely viewed the DVD in a much different light ever since the injury. I think we all have. I also got emotional when the jacket was lifted up.

This all has been a reality check of their invincibility especially for those of us who haven't attended shows since the 80s

I definitely viewed the DVD in a much different light ever since the injury. I think we all have. I also got emotional when the jacket was lifted up.

This all has been a reality check of their invincibility especially for those of us who haven't attended shows since the 80s

Agreed. It's hard to admit, but it did make me realise how fragile they really are.

U2 still have another tour or two to complete with their contract with Live Nation, don't they? Anyway I wouldn't worry about this being the last tour or anything.

In return for my positive and comforting post, how about a PM with a link :wave:

u2-soon.jpg

u2-soon-1.jpg

http://www.u2miracle.com/

Well ofcourse it's going to be better, as his back was pretty fucked up during the Vertigo tour as well. I can imagine he probably had back pains throughout the tour this time too. But still, a surgery is pretty heavy stuff.

I'm just afraid he can't be himself anymore I guess. That he has to hold back. And if he has to hold back, he won't like it himself either, so it could bring down the mood a bit. Maybe I'm getting emo cause I'm on MOS right now, and that song never hit me until I saw it live. Seeing Edge and Larry sing so loud when Bono's doing that rap. Dang.

He just needs a good Chiropractor.

:shifty:

:D

I watched by blu-ray last night (on an HD TV) and thought it was beautiful! It was weird that it didn't start with Breathe, and Crazy Tonight needed way more Larry! I teared up in multiple places (I'm a wuss, what can I say?) and liked MOS as the closer much more on the disk than I did at the actual concert. It is far better than Vertigo or Elevation, imo, but I realize that isn't saying much! :D

I couldn't agree more about needing more Larry during Crazy tonight. I actually preferred the YouTube version :D

I had text a few friends earlier that I never liked MOS until I saw it on the DVD last night! It really is a powerful song. I remember hating that it was the closer at the shows :lol: oops!

Sorry guys, I know this sounds cruel but I gotta laugh at everyone that shelled out a hundred dollars JUST to get a 2 minute song on vinyl that we already have on our bootlegs. Ok maybe I shouldnt laugh...but seriously..if you have the chance now to cancel your orders then do it. A 2 friggin minute song...unbelieveable. Geez..you think U2 would maybe throw us a fuckin bone here??? NOT!!! :reject:

I'm sure a lot of people ordered it for all that was in it, not just the vinyl. I mean, it's obvious it will show up online sooner (ha) or later, so you don't need to order vinyl to get it.

^yep.

there is heaps more than just the vinyl, and I havent bought or pre-ordered it yet, but I definately will be buying the full version

I had decided I wasn't going to buy it, not for $100. If my LiveNation oops price of $39.99 goes through, I'll gladly take the super edition for that price. :wink:

I couldn't agree more about needing more Larry during Crazy tonight. I actually preferred the YouTube version :D

I had text a few friends earlier that I never liked MOS until I saw it on the DVD last night! It really is a powerful song. I remember hating that it was the closer at the shows :lol: oops!

While MOS didn't quite nail the closer 'feel' at the show I was at, on the DVD it is stunning, and overall I like it better than most of the closers on previous tours, save for AIWIY in Hawaii during Vertigo.

But it's my favourite studio version on NLOTH, so I could be biased :wink:

I just figure itll be a decent investment. That vinyl will be the only thing that goes close to completing the NLOTH 7 inch box, and I want 4 unplayed vinyl singles in there. However, the fact that HMV UK sent me crazy tonight with a folded down corner has me knida pissed right now.

MOS is incredible on the dvd. They nailed the rap at the end. The direction really reflected the emotion. Larry and Edge carried it, and the emotion in Bonos voice was just amazing. I dont care if people didnt like the new album, that is one of the finest U2 moments in 10 years... probably 20

MOS is incredible on the dvd. They nailed the rap at the end. The direction really reflected the emotion. Larry and Edge carried it, and the emotion in Bonos voice was just amazing. I dont care if people didnt like the new album, that is one of the finest U2 moments in 10 years... probably 20

I'm glad they acknowledge this fact as well, even performing it on SNL. A song like this or 'Soon' gives me hope that we might still be surprised down the road. It's too bad they thought their ace-in-the-sleeve was Magnificent, instead of attempting to conciously be left-field with MOS. Still, I'm glad all parties involved know what a gem it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom