You've heard GET ON YOUR BOOTS? - Post all thoughts, reviews, discussion HERE Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't particularly care for the drum mix- the snare is very dry and pingy..until the heavy Zeppelin drenched , overstated middle 8- and the fill is always on top of the mix

I just listened... :lol: It one of the weirdest thing I've ever heard... Completely different, and I can't understand how people here can compare it to vertigo... I really don't....

The Drum part at the beginning is awsome. Larry is on fire again.

Hrm, I dont hear the bonham part at all in the song. Am I missing something?

We asked the 4 non-U2 fans on the planet and took a quick poll. 1 liked it, 2 didn't, and 1 just turned up his Linkin Park record when we tried to ask.

i thought as much! hahaha

I've just listened to this a few times. I still want the song to be fresh when the full album comes out. But here are some of my thoughts:

I don't see this as a huge departure for U2. I've managed to avoid the beach clips and other snippets up till now and when I first listened to the song it sounded about how I expected it to sound. Not necessarily a bad thing. But it doesn't have the shock of the new in the way The Fly or Numb did. (Even Desire seemed a little more of a departure the first time I heard it. But I was a lot younger and didn't have the same musical reference points that I do now, so maybe that doesn't count.)

That said I think it's a solid song and it will be a lot of fun live.

I remain cautiously optimistic about the album.

Personally I think there will be more accessible songs for the mainstream on this album. Magnificent sounds very mainstream to be honest. I think that releasing boots as the first single does send a sort of message.

hmmm... I don't know yet... Definitely totally different.

In a way, it reminds me of Garbage...

Love the riff and the chorus ....anyone notice the submarine /gasoline rhyme is now in the second verse compared to the beach clip first verse

I was just able to download the single off of ITunes....at the US homepage type in U2 in search...go to the second page of albums at bottom, click on NLOTH and then the single should be highlighted with purchase price..definitely a better quality than the mp3 i downloaded earlier...

I don't really have an opinion on it as of yet. I've listened to it about 5 times, and will leave it for a couple of hours then have another couple of spins.

Both the people who are loving it and the people who are hating it are basing it on the initial rush of listens. I prefer to give it a week or two before coming to a conclusion.

The

I've passed the song on to people who are not U2 fans and they liked it.

Some say: Interesting, some are surprised. Most say it doesn't sound like U2.

When I heard it on the radio, I thought this isn't really radio-friendly. It's so different from what you usually hear on the radio.

Also, there is so much going on in the song. It leaves you breathless. If the whole album is like that, I may be dead after first listen.

Bono's voice fits the song very well, it's sexy!

Fine lyrics. Fine guitar, drums, bass.

Still not so convinced by "Let me in the sound" (or is it: SONG?)

The ending is weak. The Yeah's are too Vertigo-ish.

The Fly wasn't more "experimental" than GOYB, IMO.

Btw, I am also wondering if and how Bono will pull this off live. I guess he'll have to try hard with the singing and the lyrics. Will leave him a little breathless.

always enjoy their stuff...

I remember I hated Achtung Baby and zooropa, when the first came out. I even sold my Zooropa album to my friend.

But then.....their music just grows on you.
They Can't be Radiohead or Suigor...or Explosion in the sky.

So, I just take it as what it is...

Still, my favourite U2 song is Stay and Bad. Those are both classic u2

Meh..
I don't know....it just doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't excite me, it doesn't make me put it on again 8but I do in hope that it will grow and get better - it doesn't)
There is nothing really new, it's pop song, radio friendly etc.... I think that when album comes out I'll be fed up of this song and that I will skip it

Some are comparing this song to Fly. To me it's nowhere near "The Fly" - I'm not impressed by the music, lyrics, singing, changes in the song..whatever... HMTMKSKM is also much much better than this in terms of rock song...

that's my view at least... :)
cheers

EDGE IS ON FIRE NUTZ IN THIS SONG!

As for the song as a whole, it's kind of a hmmmm....It doesn't blow me away from the get go like Vertigo-but I kind of feel like I may end up liking it more than Vertigo in the end. It's definitely unique! Nice work boys.

Mine will have to be a smiley review, as I have no time to post anything longer.

First listen: :crack:
Second listen: :scratch:
Third listen: :hmm:
Fourth and subsequent listens: :dancing: :bono: :edge: :larry: :adam: :dancing:

The outro is crap, but...oh dear God, they're weird again! :love:

Can´t analize it so much for me it´s either I like it or not!! and I really like it!!! Looking forward for more!!!:hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom