U2 to perform at the Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right thats it, ive seen it ionce badly compressed jerky stop and start stream, still no video 45mins after they have played, I really MUST go to bed its almost 2am, im up at 5am, goodnight all. i hope to wake up to an album leak later.

"We will continue to abuse our position to fuck up the mainstream."

I miss it. :(

Someone upload the damn video already! Sorry but I am excited to see this! :wink:

in defense of coldplay.........that song is also kinda hard to play live.......it loses its oomph from the record. but...yeah martin needs to stay in one place for a while

Let me guess, not an AB fan? :wink:

I love his stage personalities. That's a good part of what makes them a highly entertaining live band.

No, it isn't that I don't like that era, it's just dated and I don't think it's a good idea to imitade some old stage personality. I found it slightly embarrassing.

Nah he put them on again straight away before his eyes melted from his face like at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark

BAh! When did he take them off though? What part of the song? Did he have them off for like, what, 5 seconds? Did he wink when he had them off or at least do something fun to show off his eyeliner? (Lame questions, but I'm curious dammit ;) )

Song of the year: Viva La Vida? uuugh. Don't like though -there are better ones in that album.

Chris Martin needs to realize that jumping up and down during singing is hampering his voice. That being said I loved the Jay-Z part of Lost. I love the album version of Lost (I haven't really given the Prospekt's March version a listen) and I thought the live performance was really nice because they changed it up.

Don't bother with the Prospekt's March version. It's pretty much exactly the same except for Jay-Z's *ahem* "solo".
"Glass Of Water", "Rainy Day", and the title track are all worth the price of admission, though.

No, it isn't that I don't like that era, it's just dated and I don't think it's a good idea to imitade some old stage personality. I found it slightly embarrassing.

I love the Zoo Station "kick" to death but even I have to kinda agree with you. I didn't think it was embarrassing per say but... I was like.. "oh man why are they repeating themselves?" lol. Still, it was fun to see that Zoo TV style screen and silhouette. :love:

Oh my God. Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus. Someone needs to start ripping cables out of the soundboard.

:doh::doh:<ad infinitum>

I thought U2 did great and I loved the visuals...sort of ZooTV meets Popmart (the lyrics were in the Pop font no?).

The effect on Edge's guitar during the little mini-solo was way better than the album

wish we had gotten more closeups of the band

Larry was rockin' it

overall pretty good, they didn't totally bring the house down but I think once they really nail Let Me in the Sound it'll be a monster live. Bono needs to really go nuts during that part imo

Maybe Bono's fly mannerisms are his actual personality? Who knows. I can't tell what he was doing until I see the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom