U2 to perform at the Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you compare Coldplay's performance to U2's? Their album has been out so they've had the songs down for awhile and this was the first live perf for GOYB plus it hasn't even been commercially released yet. It's likes apples and oranges, and it's not like I don't like Coldplay, but I'd like to see them opening the Grammys at U2's age!

I just hope everyone realizes that the sound issues were not really U2's fault and that won't hurt them, lot of energy in the song and this will be massive live!

When I'm at (high) school tomorrow, the ultimate teenybopper land, if I hear people coming up to me (everyone knows I'm a U2 geek) and saying "<my real name>, that U2 performance was awesome" or something similar... then I'll be really optimistic for Boots' commercial chances.

It's unfortunate that the teenybopper demographic needs to be appeased nowadays.

Can you report back to us? I'm curious too!

16529530chrissib28200985907PM.jpg

nice super shiny soles

I'm now very excited to see this tour

Just saw U2's performance in High-Def via the west coast feed....the early reviews got me scared, but honestly all the haters are on CRACK!! It didn't bring the house down or anything like U2 has done in the past, but that was pretty awesome, and it's only gonna get better on tour!!

Can someone please answer my questions about the glasses (sounding like an idiot now). :reject:

Those of you who have seen the vid must know. Thanks!

how the hell is there no video of the performance yet?

where is gormon?

how the hell is there no video of the performance yet?

where is gormon?

Unfortunately, I don't currently have a way to capture video =/ I would have captured just the audio, but I assumed we'd have video quickly. I'm definitely keeping an eye out though.

i think i now understand why 11 year old girls like the Jonas Brothers.

they're totally harmless. kids could love worse people and worse musicians.

I can't figure out why people hate Coldplay here....
Im a huge U2 fan obviously but I've gone to the last two Coldplay tours. They put on a good show. U2 is not going to produce music forever. Mine as well have a band to fall back on and the only one showing consistent promise is Coldplay.

It baffles me that U2 fans hate Coldplay....
I guess I don't get it.

I saw Coldplay in Tampa and the show was terrible. I like many of their songs, album versions only, but I think Chris Martin's singing is fair-to-mediocre live (he doesn't seem to realize, or doesn't seem to care, that his high notes - singing live - never sound like the high notes he hits on the studio recordings). And I do think he's a little too lanky for some of his physical moves...he needs to work with a performance expert to find and perfect his stage presence. Finally, Coldplay needs to record (and inject into their concerts) faster rock songs. "Low" on X&Y is a good example of a direction I wish they'd take more often. Right now, they come off to me as a modern-day rock version of New Kids on the Block.

my main question is.... A TELE?! wtf! so didnt expect that!

Yeah, I noticed that, too. It sounds fine, though, from what I could hear (not much). I wonder if he'll keep the Tele or go back to a Les Paul on the tour.

Unfortunately, I don't currently have a way to capture video =/ I would have captured just the audio, but I assumed we'd have video quickly. I'm definitely keeping an eye out though.

wow that's crazy how you appeared so fast. :ohmy:

i'm oddly interested in Larry wearing a heart on his shirt. I don't even know why but if anyone has a close up I'd be interested :reject:

Yeah, I noticed that, too. It sounds fine, though, from what I could hear (not much). I wonder if he'll keep the Tele or go back to a Les Paul on the tour.

who knows! it sounded great i thought. i was genuinly suprised by this guitar choice!

I can't figure out why people hate Coldplay here....
Im a huge U2 fan obviously but I've gone to the last two Coldplay tours. They put on a good show. U2 is not going to produce music forever. Mine as well have a band to fall back on and the only one showing consistent promise is Coldplay.

It baffles me that U2 fans hate Coldplay....
I guess I don't get it.

Coldplay are not good enough to be a 'back-up' U2 by any means. They sound pretty much the same on each of their songs. Chris Martin is a gay ostrich. And the whole band's been nothing but annoying media darlings over the years.

Parachute was truly an amazing album. Everything went downhill after that :down:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom