U2 to perform at the Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Coldplay in Tampa and the show was terrible. I like many of their songs, album versions only, but I think Chris Martin's singing is fair-to-mediocre live (he doesn't seem to realize, or doesn't seem to care, that his high notes - singing live - never sound like the high notes he hits on the studio recordings). And I do think he's a little too lanky for some of his physical moves...he needs to work with a performance expert to find and perfect his stage presence. Finally, Coldplay needs to record (and inject into their concerts) faster rock songs. "Low" on X&Y is a good example of a direction I wish they'd take more often. Right now, they come off to me as a modern-day rock version of New Kids on the Block.

not to stay off topic but yeah coldplay do get too much hate. as for a performance expert? thats hilarious:lol:

BTW I have both the U2 and Coldplay performances recorded in 1080i HD (DVR-MS format). I'm just trying to figure out how to convert it to something more manageable.

wow that's crazy how you appeared so fast. :ohmy:

i'm oddly interested in Larry wearing a heart on his shirt. I don't even know why but if anyone has a close up I'd be interested :reject:

16529547chrissib28200990100PM.jpg
:wave:

Erm guys, I feel horrible for saying this but I was really disappointed with U2. But I'm gunna give em the benefit of the doubt and say that it was their first time performing the song.THEY MUST KICK ASS AT THE BRIT AWARDS

But this mix was such crap, was it me or was Bono forgetting his lyrics?

BTW: I'm glad Bono kept his glasses on for most of the song...eyeliner still scares me

GO GUY BERRYMAN'S RED JACKET! Way to reuse old jokes Chris Martin...

Coldplay wins.

Is anyone else strangely bitter toward Brian Eno?

I can't help it...
:sad:

I saw Coldplay in Tampa and the show was terrible. I like many of their songs, album versions only, but I think Chris Martin's singing is fair-to-mediocre live (he doesn't seem to realize, or doesn't seem to care, that his high notes - singing live - never sound like the high notes he hits on the studio recordings). And I do think he's a little too lanky for some of his physical moves...he needs to work with a performance expert to find and perfect his stage presence. Finally, Coldplay needs to record (and inject into their concerts) faster rock songs. "Low" on X&Y is a good example of a direction I wish they'd take more often. Right now, they come off to me as a modern-day rock version of New Kids on the Block.

Chris Martin's voice is atrocious live. I don't know how he gets the vocals on the album. He is an awkward performer and a gigantic douche backstage (from firsthand experience). U2 fans dislike Coldplay because they can smell a rat.

Chris Martin's voice is atrocious live. I don't know how he gets the vocals on the album. He is an awkward performer and a gigantic douche backstage (from firsthand experience). U2 fans dislike Coldplay because they can smell a rat.

What did Martin do backstage?

Coldplay is gonna win everything tonight.

Did you expect otherwise?

Since VLV came out, I've become more and more pissed off at Coldplay. I liked VLV at first, but it's started to become downright unlistenable to me. Same with Rush of Blood, sans Clocks. I can still make it through Parachutes... and, for an odd reason, I really like X&Y.

Glass o' Water should have been on VLV.

I don't care if Coldplay wins a grammy, but why do they have to copy the Sgt. Peppers' outfits?

That really annoys me....

Coldplay are not good enough to be a 'back-up' U2 by any means. They sound pretty much the same on each of their songs. Chris Martin is a gay ostrich. And the whole band's been nothing but annoying media darlings over the years.

Parachute was truly an amazing album. Everything went downhill after that :down:.

Oh look....another U2 vs. Coldplay post.

That's a first. :doh:

wonder how this one will end. :|

excellent first performance of boots (can't wait for an mp3), coldplay also great....i'm surprised more people here aren't happy for coldplay...why does everyone hate them so much???..they are going to win everything tonight, and deservedly so

I don't care if Coldplay wins a grammy, but why do they have to copy the Sgt. Peppers' outfits?

That really annoys me....

Chris should have come out as MacPhisto, with the rest of the band in blue Lemon suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom