U2 to perform at the Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well duh! but bono does not perform THAT badly! did you notice that he was pulling the mic away from his mouth before he finished every line? sounded frigiging awful!

basically just proved how amature his singing is.

sarcasm noted

my opinion on u2's performance is ironicly the same as my opinion on get on your boots as a whole...

some amazing, kick ass, unbelievable parts, but very awkward in it's arangement and just not all there.

and much like the song/video, i liked the visuals more than i like the song. and the energy and creativity gets me pumped for the album, but yea... just don't like the song that much.

Wow, Jay-Z jumping into Lost was totally pointless:down:

Coldplay's performance was boring, but I would've preferred it without the collab.

I think the Jay-Z thing was because he's on a remix of "Lost!" on the Prospekt's March EP.
...Which is not to say I condone it. :yuck:

(I liked the rest of the EP, though.)

Song of the year: Viva La Vida? uuugh. Don't like though -there are better ones in that album.

The beach clips came out in August 2008. Each one of them, in their unfinished, beach-recorded forms pwn over the vast majority of songs last year. They should qualify.

one thing is for sure.

it was way, way, way better than when they did Vertigo at the 2006 Grammies.

now that was a shit performance. and so was the "one" with MBJ. and i love the MJB version of "one."

I disgree. Vertigo was better. ONE wasn't great.

GOYB was solid, but could have been better.

I don't get that Coldplay bashing, I thought the performance was quite good.
They've just won a Grammy, btw.

And Whitney said something like: Well, thank you Bono. I know I should have worn my boots today. Man, she was high. :no:

And how in hell can Bono sing about Sexy Boots and then wear these creepers. :lol:

At least Coldplay admitted that they are copying more than other people's music.

It's clothes too :shrug:

Dying to see U2's performance. So far all I've seen is Coldplays on the live stream then I turned it off.

About Coldplay:

A long time ago i used to like them, then they became a little boring but listenable. Now i'm starting to hate them. I can't stand watching Chris Martin performing live. :doh:

I'll quote myself just to make a point how i deslike their perfomance. Being Viva La vida this big hit i thought that it totally sucked live. Boots was much better.

U2 played poorly tonight... it's still early... I wish they'd change their identity, however,... that leprechaun dance in front of the giant screen,... isn't that how they opened zoo tv? Yawn.....

U2 played poorly tonight... it's still early... I wish they'd change their identity, however,... that leprechaun dance in front of the giant screen,... isn't that how they opened zoo tv? Yawn.....

arent they running out of identities?

Chris Martin needs to realize that jumping up and down during singing is hampering his voice. That being said I loved the Jay-Z part of Lost. I love the album version of Lost (I haven't really given the Prospekt's March version a listen) and I thought the live performance was really nice because they changed it up.

I loved Boots live! The sound was a bit rusty, but I think the acoustics of the venue had something to do with that. Bono's dancing moves reminded me of the ZooTV era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom