U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a member over there for the last four years and just renewed, mine wasn't a what do I get if I join question, just curious, for anyone here who used a presale code, about how it worked last time.

Here's how it worked for me last time. (I was a long-time Propaganda member who had seniority grandfathered in to the U2.com membership.) We got the presale codes and you could order a maximum of 2 tickets per show for 2 shows. Previously, with Propaganda, I think we had a 4 ticket limit. In other words, you could buy up to 4 tickets to one show or 1 ticket to four different concerts.

It seems that the presale was done through the Ticketmaster site a few days (a week?) before the tickets were sold to the general public. You operated just like normal with Ticketmaster, but you had to enter your unique code to secure tickets (i.e., I assume codes were unique for each member in order to enforce the ticket limit.)

By the way, back in the old days of Propaganda, tickets could be ordered AFTER the ticket sale to the general public, and seats on the ZOO TV tour were like 1st and 2nd row reserved seats - no GA "mosh pit"! Those were the days...

Here's how it worked for me last time. (I was a long-time Propaganda member who had seniority grandfathered in to the U2.com membership.) We got the presale codes and you could order a maximum of 2 tickets per show for 2 shows. Previously, with Propaganda, I think we had a 4 ticket limit. In other words, you could buy up to 4 tickets to one show or 1 ticket to four different concerts.

It seems that the presale was done through the Ticketmaster site a few days (a week?) before the tickets were sold to the general public. You operated just like normal with Ticketmaster, but you had to enter your unique code to secure tickets (i.e., I assume codes were unique for each member in order to enforce the ticket limit.)

By the way, back in the old days of Propaganda, tickets could be ordered AFTER the ticket sale to the general public, and seats on the ZOO TV tour were like 1st and 2nd row reserved seats - no GA "mosh pit"! Those were the days...

If I could give you five stars I would. :)

Thanks so much!

By the way, back in the old days of Propaganda, tickets could be ordered AFTER the ticket sale to the general public, and seats on the ZOO TV tour were like 1st and 2nd row reserved seats - no GA "mosh pit"! Those were the days...[/QUOTE]

You must be joking. My Zoo TV seats from Propaganda for Earls Court in 92 were dreadful, and for Zooropa at Wembley so bad (upper tier opp end of stadium to stage) that I didn't bother going to my seat and stood instead.

because my paid subscription has been inactive for awhile I have to pay the $50? Does that sound right?

Wow, Bono's now posting a video diary on U2.com. He said he's going to be updating it through the year. First video is pretty cool. Hope he keeps it up!

You must be joking. My Zoo TV seats from Propaganda for Earls Court in 92 were dreadful, and for Zooropa at Wembley so bad (upper tier opp end of stadium to stage) that I didn't bother going to my seat and stood instead.

Really? My Earls Court tickets in '92 were awesome. We got centre stage, row 8 but everyone in that front section surged forward and we ended up front row. And we got front row at Birmingham NEC.

For Zooropa we got front row of the seated section to the left of stage. In fact, we camped out for 3 days to get tickets for a second concert at the same venue and got identical tickets to the Propaganda tickets.

For Pop we got row 11, next to the b-stage (at Sydney Football Stadium) and for Vertigo (at Sydney Olympic Stadium) we got general admission and managed to get front row inside the elipse, right in front of Adam.

Anyone had any luck with their access to the paid site? Im still locked out but have heard of two people who have had their problems fixed.

Yeah, I've finally managed to login for the first time this morning. My renewal also went without a hitch and I'm just waiting on a confirmation email from them, but they've always been slow to send me emails.

Update from Baja:

Posted Mar 6 at 12:44

Ok party people, here is some info

Keep checking back to this specific post, as it will be updated with more info to help make the presales go smoothly. Please copy and distribute to any and all fan websites or mailing lists you are on.
READ THE ENTIRE POST, THEN READ IT AGAIN

1.- Is it INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT that your contact information is up to date. Especially your email, do NOT use the U2.com email as your contact email, please use your regular email provider. I cannot emphasize this enough.

2.- Look up at the TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER of the page; do you see the word PROFILE? This is a link to your account information, NOT the profile everyone sees. If you click there it will take you to a page where you can update your contact information and you can also see your expiry date (YAY!) so you know when you need to renew.

3.- Update your contact information. Update your contact information. Update your contact information. お客様の連絡先情報を更新 , actualitzar les vostres dades de contacte, actualizar su información de contacto, mettre à jour vos informations de contact, aggiornare le informazioni di contatto, aktualisieren Sie Ihre Kontaktinformationen, تحديث معلومات الاتصال الخاصة بك , atualizar suas informações de contato, zaktualizować informacje kontaktowe, aktualizovat své kontaktní údaje, update uw contactgegevens…erm, you get the message

4.- If you have not confirmed your email due to technical difficulties, please clear your cookies and cache and close your browser. Open browser, log back in. You should get a page that asks you to confirm your email. If you have done this, this page will not appear. If you have not, then the page also has an option that asks if you want the site to re-send you an email asking to confirm email. Do this. DO NOT CLICK ON IT MULTIPLE TIMES (if you still can't do it, please post in the FREE FORUM<GENERAL FORUM<CANT CONFRIM EMAIL 3/06/09 thread or have someone post for you.).

5.- We are working like crazy to get everyone's problems fixed; problems are being separated in batches, so you could be fixed on the login issue and not yet on the posting issue, please be patient.

6.- All other problems need to be posted in the appropriate thread (read the other Featured Topics). DO NOT REPOST or Re-SEND a PM if you have already told us your problem. You have done this already, and there is no need to tell us again. Repeats will be deleted.

7.- For some crazy reason the site works best on Mozilla Firefox, why? No clue . It's supposed to work with all browsers but some people are reporting its not. Change browser, at least until we fix this.

8.- Webmail is down or has intermittent access . Tech will fix this AFTER everyone gets sorted out with their access problems.

9.- The presales are NOT going to happen the day of the tour announcement, so we still have time to fix all of you.

10- Log in/log out issue; I have been informed by Tech that the site automatically logs you out after a certain period of inactivity. I have requested this be removed or changed to at least an hour. When this will happen I have no idea. So if this is happening it's NOT a problem with your account (for those that click on MY HOME and get bumped off that IS problem, we are on it).

11.- Display names not being recognized; we have fixed most, but there is a small group of people whose display name has other characters than a space, & $ ! @ # : ; or ?, tech is trying to fix this. SUPER IMPORTANT your contact info is current for this. Due to the issue that some of you have very similar display names, some display names will have to be changed.

12.- DO NOT DELETE your INVOICE/RECEIPT or 25% coupon email.. This proves you paid and if there is any problem, we will need it. Also might want to keep your credit card statement around (better safe than sorry)

And last but not least

If you want my or a moderators help, please treat us with respect and courtesy. I have instructed the team to delete a/o skip any rude, impolite or disrespectful messages. This type of behavior is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

I know and understand you are frustrated, we are also as there are only a handful of us, and thousands of you, but if you cannot act in a civil manner, then I invite you to bypass us, and deal with Fanfire / Signatures Network / LiveNation directly. I am sure they will provide the customer service you deserve.
Baja

I think she wants everyone to update their contact info. :p

I have a question that might've already been answered. I renewed in January, even though my account had been extended, and so far have had no trouble logging back into my account since the relaunch, so does anyone know if that means they'll automatically send the subscription CD?

^ jeeeeeeeeeesh what if you've ditched your credit card statements and have no idea where your discount voucher is stored . .. :uhoh: . . .

The 25% coupon is in the 2nd email you should have received after you subscribed, (the first email is the receipt).

I have a question that might've already been answered. I renewed in January, even though my account had been extended, and so far have had no trouble logging back into my account since the relaunch, so does anyone know if that means they'll automatically send the subscription CD?

That is the 5 million dollar question. No one in the tech forum has actually responded definitively to that question.

The 25% coupon is in the 2nd email you should have received after you subscribed, (the first email is the receipt).

That is the 5 million dollar question. No one in the tech forum has actually responded definitively to that question.

Exactly. I also asked that question there and have had no response. But I went ahead and renewed my membership for another year. It immediately showed my new correct expiration date in 2011 and I immediately received the email confirmation that I'd receive the new membership gift and another 25% coupon. I figured why not, that way I don't need to worry about it and I'm already renewed for next year.

So I just logged into U2.com for the first time since registering for my paid membership last week. I enter my username and password and it immediately takes me to this "update profile" page. I notice my email address is missing so I enter it and get this message:

"There is already a member with that email address. Perhaps you have a membership?"

Yeah, not shit! That's me. And if anyone knows whether or not I have a paid membership, shouldn't it be U2.com???? They are the ones I paid!!!

Anyway, I can't enter my correct email address because of this. Is this a glitch or am I missing something? Please advise before I through my computer out of the window in a fit of rage.

Thanks,

Go to the Tech Forum over there and post in the thread that describes your problem. There are several threads stickied in that forum and yours is one of the common problems. Not sure how long is it taking people to get this problem fixed but I wouldn't wait.

Nothing has changed for me... I've been on it for a couple hours now, still looking around and don't see anything new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom