U2 Announces 2010 360 Tour Opening Acts - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry - I have no problem complaining about the choice of a band whose music I absolutely do not care for.

If I change my mind about them after seeing them, I will happily say so.

Same. I've had to endure interpol twice now, and I can say that they're fine for about 20 minutes. After that everything sounds the same and the singers monotone vocals bore the death out of you.

And Glasvegas were pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen live, paired with Biffy Clyro opening for Muse.

On the other hand, Kaiser Chiefs and Snow Patrol were really awesome bands which I'm glad to ahve seen live.

So you can see, it's not all bitching.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but my friend follows Lenny kravitz on Twitter and sent me the pic of Edge, Bono, Kanye& Lenny. I'd trade Lenny for Kanye in a heartbeat! :heart:

fb0fde8a.jpg

This is some funny dialogue from my favorite show, The Venture Brothers:

Hank: “I feel like that Jewish guy who lost all his powers when they cut his hair.”

Brock Samson (smirking): “You mean Samson?”

Hank: “No. Lenny Kravitz.”

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but my friend follows Lenny kravitz on Twitter and sent me the pic of Edge, Bono, Kanye& Lenny. I'd trade Lenny for Kanye in a heartbeat! :heart:

fb0fde8a.jpg
Okay, Kanye West as an opener would be all kinds of awesome. Yes, he can be kind of an asshole at times, but dude's talented. And I'm not even much of a rap fan!

Okay, Kanye West as an opener would be all kinds of awesome. Yes, he can be kind of an asshole at times, but dude's talented. And I'm not even much of a rap fan!

Imma let you finish... but Snow Patrol are the best u2 show opener of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Can anybody tell me anything about Florence and the Machine? The only name that I cant say I'm a fan of on that list (because I dont know anything by them).

I really, really wish the Fray were coming to Miami. Maybe I'll just have to go up to Edmonton then ;)

Can anybody tell me anything about Florence and the Machine? The only name that I cant say I'm a fan of on that list (because I dont know anything by them).

I really, really wish the Fray were coming to Miami. Maybe I'll just have to go up to Edmonton then ;)

Lucky, I'll be there with you in Miami, (and like you), I didn't know who the hell Florence was, <cough><cough> a week or two has passed and I can now say that I am totally looking forward to hearing this opening band, ...sounds like such a refreshing sound, all I get are positive vibes, and I truly believe the Miami breeze and cool refreshment(s) will only add to the experience :hmm:!!! Try listening to COSMIC LOVE, and RABBIT HEART, and DOG DAYS ARE OVER, ...

For those of you lucky enough to see Florence + The Machine opening next year.... I just saw her at a 3000 seat theater here in Oakland, really good:

Not sure how well her performance will translate on the huge 360 stage in daylight, though

Thanks for posting that. She certainly is an amazing talent and that particular song has sounded great over the 360 sound system as the penultimate or third-last song before U2 come on at the recent European shows.

I think she'll do okay at the stadium gigs as she does have a big sound, very emotional music and is probably the best choice of U2 support act since Snow Patrol.

We were pleasantly surprised at One Republic, but very disappointed with Interpol - they simply are not a stadium band - the music is way too introspective and weighty. Far from serving as a warm-up for U2, Interpol actually cooled otherwise hot audiences like Seville and Coimbra down a lot so that they were far less engaged afterwards. The music itself sounded good but the vocalist's monotone served to make every song sound like the last and most folk around us at the gig wore an expression of 'when will they get off the stage' or similar.

AS THE AUSTRALASIAN LEG DRAWS CLOSER

i implore anyone who is going to heed this.

please go into Jay-Z with an open mind. there is a chance you'll be pleasantly surprised. we're all there to see U2, i know, but believe it or not there are some people who are really looking forward to one of hip hop's true superstars. so please don't whinge, jeer, boo or complain while he's playing his songs.

99 PROBLEMS BUT A BITCH AIN'T ONE HIT ME

AS THE AUSTRALASIAN LEG DRAWS CLOSER

i implore anyone who is going to heed this.

please go into Jay-Z with an open mind. there is a chance you'll be pleasantly surprised. we're all there to see U2, i know, but believe it or not there are some people who are really looking forward to one of hip hop's true superstars. so please don't whinge, jeer, boo or complain while he's playing his songs.

99 PROBLEMS BUT A BITCH AIN'T ONE HIT ME

It'll be just like Kanye - noone's gonna boo they're gonna be too busy rockin out or dancing. Dude. A guy was practically breaking in the ellipse where I was during Kanye. Just think about that shit for a sec. :rockon:

They've done a really swell job at chosing opening acts... unfortunately I'm getting the one that I have NO IDEA about. But that's not necessarily a bad thing...

Back
Top Bottom