U2 Announces 2010 360 Tour Opening Acts - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to stop and think back for THAT ONE. But I don't remember which politician it was who said "THAT ONE." Was it McCain?

I really don't get the concept of Interpol in a stadium... or F+TM either for that matter.

Aren't there ANY other support acts in Auckland?? Seems the gates open at 4:30pm and then nothing happens for 3 hours till Jay-Z comes on? :down:

That is standard operating procedure in 360 World.

They do play some nice music on the sound system while you are waiting.

Strange...seems to be almost tradition over here for a local band to get a slot too. Oh well...lots of waiting, waiting, waaaaaaaaiting, and I don't even really like Jay-Z!

^ That sound sooo good to my ears. Sorry Interpol , you lose big time .

South America gets Muse. Damn lucky bastards. And Mexico gets Snow Patrol? I need to win the lottery. :sad:

And Australia/NZ gets Jay Z. And Canada gets The Fray.

I mean, I have nothing against Florence and the Machine, I've tried hard to listen to them. I just dont like that style of music.

This tour I will have had Muse x 4 (x 5?), Black Eyed Peas, The Fray, Florence and the Machine, and Interpol x 3. Strangely enough, considering how many U2 shows I go to, and how many times Snow Patrol has opened for them the last couple of tours, I have yet to get them as an opener!

I have to admit, when you look at the list of openers all together, it is quite the eclectic collection of 21st Century music (20th in the case of Lenny).

I have to admit, when you look at the list of openers all together, it is quite the eclectic collection of 21st Century music (20th in the case of Lenny).

I mean I'm sure the majority of it is giving bands an opportunity to succeed more than anything else.

Why else would Jay Z be in Australia and NZ? He's trying to underline the fact that he is indeed the ultimate global representation of rap. The U2 of rap.

I dont know if this has anything whatsoever to do with it, but at least half of the artists from this tour share a label with U2 as well.

Back
Top Bottom