U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does think they'll announce some secondary markets (st. louis, indy) once the initial dates go onsale?

Just looking to get some advice here. I'm looking to score 2 GA's for Seattle..I've never done GA before so I'd like to get some tips please. Is it mandatory to get a presale code if I want to score GA's? How good are my chances if I try for them the second they go on the public sale? I'm a little hesitant paying $50-60 for a membership....

Just looking to get some advice here. I'm looking to score 2 GA's for Seattle..I've never done GA before so I'd like to get some tips please. Is it mandatory to get a presale code if I want to score GA's? How good are my chances if I try for them the second they go on the public sale? I'm a little hesitant paying $50-60 for a membership....

I don't think a presale code is "mandatory" to get GA's. Check out the following link to a forum with helpful hints on getting them during the public sale.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...sale-tickets-through-ticketmaster-202917.html

However, it is not guaranteed that there will be GA's available during the public sale. It depends largely upon the city and the demand. The high demand cities such as NY, Anaheim, etc. will sell out of GA's during the presales and depending upon whether the venue will have their own presales for season ticket holders.

As far as a membership goes, it is easier to get GA's with a membership but there are also different presale groups depending upon how long you have been a member of the fan club. If you have never had a membership and you joined today you would be in the Magnificent presale group, the last group to buy tickets. Depending upon the demand, the lower the presale group the higher the chance GA's will be gone.

With Seattle, I am not sure how great the demand will be. I do know they had two shows for the Vertigo tour but I don't know if they will do that this time around. It will probably depend on how well the first show will sell or if they have room on the schedule.

If you don't want to pay the $50 for the membership, try for the public sale and, if you don't score GA's, wait to see if they add a second show. If not, you should be able to get GA's sometime before the show - either through someone here or from stubhub, etc. A lot of GA's at other shows have gone for face value or lower days before the show when demand is a lot lower. Sorry to be so long-winded but I hope this helps. ;)

Hey all you other peeps out there! Do you think the demand will be high for Seattle? Do you think it will sell out quickly, and if so, will there be a second show?

Hoping for a second show...

I don't think a presale code is "mandatory" to get GA's. Check out the following link to a forum with helpful hints on getting them during the public sale.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...sale-tickets-through-ticketmaster-202917.html

However, it is not guaranteed that there will be GA's available during the public sale. It depends largely upon the city and the demand. The high demand cities such as NY, Anaheim, etc. will sell out of GA's during the presales and depending upon whether the venue will have their own presales for season ticket holders.

As far as a membership goes, it is easier to get GA's with a membership but there are also different presale groups depending upon how long you have been a member of the fan club. If you have never had a membership and you joined today you would be in the Magnificent presale group, the last group to buy tickets. Depending upon the demand, the lower the presale group the higher the chance GA's will be gone.

With Seattle, I am not sure how great the demand will be. I do know they had two shows for the Vertigo tour but I don't know if they will do that this time around. It will probably depend on how well the first show will sell or if they have room on the schedule.

If you don't want to pay the $50 for the membership, try for the public sale and, if you don't score GA's, wait to see if they add a second show. If not, you should be able to get GA's sometime before the show - either through someone here or from stubhub, etc. A lot of GA's at other shows have gone for face value or lower days before the show when demand is a lot lower. Sorry to be so long-winded but I hope this helps. ;)

Hey all you other peeps out there! Do you think the demand will be high for Seattle? Do you think it will sell out quickly, and if so, will there be a second show?

Hoping for a second show...

Thank you very much for the insight! I've never used Stubhub before..is it secure? Am I going to get fake tickets? lol :reject:

I'm also trying to score GA's for Edmonton and I see they have some for $96 each. I guess that's not too bad? Sorry...I'm a noob to buying tickets anywhere other than TM lol

Thank you very much for the insight! I've never used Stubhub before..is it secure? Am I going to get fake tickets? lol :reject:

I'm also trying to score GA's for Edmonton and I see they have some for $96 each. I guess that's not too bad? Sorry...I'm a noob to buying tickets anywhere other than TM lol

I myself have never used Stubhub either but I know others here have. If I did, I would make sure that the tickets I purchased would be hard tickets and not the Ticketfast ones that are printed off one's computer.

I used them both completely, and now there are two new codes there (WHICH I CAN USE AGAIN!!) isn't that strange? So I got value for my money now :hmm:
Might plan another trip down the USA.

I have mentioned in other threads that the same thing happened with my Breathe code. It is actually my BF's membership, but he can only go to one show. I used it up for this years tour and I got a new code that is completely different without renewing. I used it for Oakland and Denver GA's. I was a little scared that it wouldn't work, that maybe it was some kind of error, so I renewed the membership anyway and then they gave me another code. So, now I have 2 under that membership.

I'm curious, for anyone who resubscribed to get another code for upcoming legs, and has since used up that new code with the recent sales - does it indicate in any way on your U2.com tour page that your code has been used up?

I'm curious, for anyone who resubscribed to get another code for upcoming legs, and has since used up that new code with the recent sales - does it indicate in any way on your U2.com tour page that your code has been used up?

:happy: Nope. Neither of my codes(old and new, both used) show up as used now. Green and happy.

:uhoh: I'm not gonna risk using them though.

ETA oh I'm just checking and now they're red with a small strikethrough. In the U2.com presale email they're green though.

I myself have never used Stubhub either but I know others here have. If I did, I would make sure that the tickets I purchased would be hard tickets and not the Ticketfast ones that are printed off one's computer.

Well I ended up buying GA's for Edmonton for $96/each. I realize now that I probably should have waited until closer to showtime. *impatient*

Anyhoo...I'm a little worried about this. Isn't it as easy as telling TM your tickets were lost or stolen and getting new one's issued? So mine could end up being voided? Also, it didn't say anything about them being hard tickets but I got an email saying the buyer hasn't received their tickets yet and will ship when they get them...so that would mean they are waiting for the hard tickets to be sent? Lol....paranoia! haha

Stubhub has some sort of guarantee, so you'll be fine.

Stubhub guarantees you get your money back if the tickets are duplicates or not accepted, but they do not guarantee you get into the show!

I remember reading a few horror stories during this tour.

Stubhub guarantees you get your money back if the tickets are duplicates or not accepted, but they do not guarantee you get into the show!

I remember reading a few horror stories during this tour.

Oh ffs...now I'm really paranoid. :hmm:

What are the chances of getting fake tickets on stub hub??

Can you still buy the tickets+membership through ticketmaster all at once?

At least that way you don't purchase another membership with the risk of not getting the tickets you wanted... ?

I did that for Toronto.....It cost me $60 extra but I could see that there were GA's available so I got the membership. However, you do not get any extra presale codes with that membership.
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I know of at least two instances where people showed up with Stubhub tickets that were not real tickets...one in Vegas and one in NC. If the show is sold out, they can not get you in. They refund your money. That being said, I know many others that have used Stubhub with no problems. I prefer ticketmaster, if you can get the tickets that way.

Hey all, sorry if this is the wrong place but I'm a first time ticket buyer and have a couple questions I'm having trouble finding answers to!

First of all - I am planning to purchase through Ticketmaster with a Visa card, but the card is through my local bank. I looked to see if I could verify and register my card on Visa's website, but my bank was not listed. Will I have to go through the Verified by Visa thing?

Secondly, will my presale access code still be active, if I've had mine since they first started sending them out and have not used it? I really don't want it to get deactivated! Thanks!

Hey all, sorry if this is the wrong place but I'm a first time ticket buyer and have a couple questions I'm having trouble finding answers to!

First of all - I am planning to purchase through Ticketmaster with a Visa card, but the card is through my local bank. I looked to see if I could verify and register my card on Visa's website, but my bank was not listed. Will I have to go through the Verified by Visa thing?

Secondly, will my presale access code still be active, if I've had mine since they first started sending them out and have not used it? I really don't want it to get deactivated! Thanks!

If you are waiting for the presales for East Lansing, Montreal or Moscow (or for any future shows), yes, you can still use your code. All the other shows presales are over with and the only way to get tickets now is through the public sale. Check the Tours page on U2.com for more info.

As far as your Visa card goes, the card I used is through a local bank also and I had to do the Verified by Visa thing. If you've never had to do it before, you will probably have to do it during the sale. It requires you to set up a password and verify your card with info only you would know (SSN, etc.). I had to do it during the Seattle presale but all I had to do was put in the password because I had already done it before.

Hope this helps. :)

If you are waiting for the presales for East Lansing, Montreal or Moscow (or for any future shows), yes, you can still use your code. All the other shows presales are over with and the only way to get tickets now is through the public sale. Check the Tours page on U2.com for more info.

As far as your Visa card goes, the card I used is through a local bank also and I had to do the Verified by Visa thing. If you've never had to do it before, you will probably have to do it during the sale. It requires you to set up a password and verify your card with info only you would know (SSN, etc.). I had to do it during the Seattle presale but all I had to do was put in the password because I had already done it before.

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you! I know others have had issues with their presale codes, but for the most part the issue seems to be resolved.

I got tickets in the red zone :applaud:and I'd like your suggestions on how early I should get there. I know I don't have to be at the venue at 8 am either, but the earlier I get there, the better my spot would be in the red zone, right?

I went and saw Metallica last night and they have a REAL 360° stage. And it's a rectangle!

The stage took up most of the floor of the arena, and there were eight microphones, one in each corner, and two on each side long ways. They all moved around the whole stage, and James (lead singer) sang from every mic. Most of the time moving during each song, so no one had a bad view for even a song. No video screens either.

I'm not a big Metallica fan, but I thought it was a great show, and showed how a 360° show could really work.

I went and saw Metallica last night and they have a REAL 360° stage. And it's a rectangle!

The stage took up most of the floor of the arena, and there were eight microphones, one in each corner, and two on each side long ways. They all moved around the whole stage, and James (lead singer) sang from every mic. Most of the time moving during each song, so no one had a bad view for even a song. No video screens either.

I'm not a big Metallica fan, but I thought it was a great show, and showed how a 360° show could really work.

I remember seeing discussion of this show when the U2 360 stage was first revealed.

Speaking of stage design, does anyone know if there is some index of the 360 Tour venue schematics prior to the DC show at Fedex?

Back
Top Bottom