U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody know what this is? Is it just a test page for Ticketmaster's website?

Or are Ticketmaster selling tickets to see U2 go on a test flight from Atlanta to Alaska ...?

Anybody know what this is? Is it just a test page for Ticketmaster's website?

Or are Ticketmaster selling tickets to see U2 go on a test flight from Atlanta to Alaska ...?

The zip code listed is in Atlanta. Maybe something is in the works? Would make sense with the stage on the way to Miami.

Considering they have a show in East Lansing the day before that, and one in Toronto two days later...

They've been practicing in my spare room for a couple weeks now and B. said they're not quite ready to get the claw out of storage again just yet. I'll keep you posted. :D

:lol:

But Larry isn't getting much practice in I would assume :shifty:

Probably right before the first show in Salt Lake City.

So not for another couple of weeks then? Like the end of May you think? Or beginning of June?

Around then I would assume. The first show is on a Thursday, so probably that week. I can't remember how many days in advance they rehearsed in Barcelona last year. They also hadn't toured in 3-4 years either.

I think they'd booked the Nou Camp in Barcelona for a couple of weeks, but then it was their first time using the Claw and video honeycomb so there would have been a lot to figure out.

Around then I would assume. The first show is on a Thursday, so probably that week. I can't remember how many days in advance they rehearsed in Barcelona last year. They also hadn't toured in 3-4 years either.

I think they'd booked the Nou Camp in Barcelona for a couple of weeks, but then it was their first time using the Claw and video honeycomb so there would have been a lot to figure out.

Alrighty thanks guys!

^ I've looked at that too and it seems to be changing. Looks like they are testing the ability for you to choose your actual seats to events. That is pretty cool! I haven't seen that before on TM. (Unless I've just never purchased tickets to something that lets you do that.)

Anyone have any idea when tour rehearsals might start :hmm:

I would guess about two weeks prior to opening night, i.e. mid-May, if they are thinking about revamping several bits of the show like Edge has suggested. The Barcelona rehearsals went of for two weeks at least.

This would probably give them enough time to figure out and get accustomed to the setlist changes and get familiar with the Claw and the circle catwalk again after a few months off the road.

We don't want to see another one of these incidents on opening night do we? :yikes:

YouTube - Bono Falls- Can't be perfect all the time but he's close

I would guess about two weeks prior to opening night, i.e. mid-May, if they are thinking about revamping several bits of the show like Edge has suggested. The Barcelona rehearsals went of for two weeks at least.

This would probably give them enough time to figure out and get accustomed to the setlist changes and get familiar with the Claw and the circle catwalk again after a few months off the road.

We don't want to see another one of these incidents on opening night do we? :yikes:

YouTube - Bono Falls- Can't be perfect all the time but he's close

Didn't know that was on opening night until now. :applaud:

Hmm...interesting, and not a moment too late!
Crowdsourcing sounds like the way to go, U2 need to get in touch with their fans more often in my opinion. :applaud:

Williams: U2 Fans to be Bigger Part of 360 Tour This Year
@U2, May 06, 2010
By: m2 / @mattmcgee

Willie Williams says U2 fans will be a bigger part of the U2 360 Tour production in 2010. He's already working on this year's shows, and dropped a couple hints about what's to come in a members-only interview on U2.com. Here's a bit of his comments:

"Towards the end of 2009, we made a piece of content for 'Unknown Caller,' which was made of people sending in clips of themselves singing the chorus of the song. That was fantastically successful. It's a thing they call 'crowdsourcing,' which is really a focus where I'm going this year."

You can read more of Willie's comments on our sister site, U2tours.com: Willie Williams Hints About 2010 U2 Tour Production.

UPDATE, May 7: A day later, and now U2.com has posted another item in its members-only section that follows through on this plan for more fan involvement:

Willie Williams, Show Director, is working with band and production team on a series of new visual ideas for on-screen content. For starters Willie is looking to fans to submit three simple questions which could end up in a new piece of screen content for the show.

The questions are simple - one U2 question, one personal question, one philosophical question. They can be serious or trivial, quite ridiculous... or quite important.

U2.com is accepting questions in both text and audio formats.

Source: Williams: U2 Fans to be Bigger Part of 360 Tour This Year

:hmm: What song is involved with asking questions? One ("Did I ask too much?") and Zooropa ("What to You Want?") comes to mind.

@u2 is reporting today that Willy said during a recent interview with a Cleveland radio station that the shows will have a whole new opening for 2010. Guess that confirms speculation that Breathe will be dropped, especially after they had it edited out on the DVD. It's a shame, because it was a good opener and a great live track, but I hope they keep the rest of the NLOTH songs. Since we don't hear anything about rehearsals for the tour I'm not sure whether they'd add any new songs from their last album to the set.

Williams: U2 360 Tour will have a new opening
Posted: May 14, 2010
By: m2 / @mattmcgee
Confirming what many fans have suspected, U2 360 Tour Designer Willie
Williams said this week that this year's shows will have a different
opening than last year's concerts. Williams made the comments Thursday
during an interview on Cleveland's WBWC radio station. He didn't
specify what the exact changes would be, nor which song will open the
upcoming shows, but he did say the band feels a need to make some
changes to keep the shows fresh.

On our forum and elsewhere online, fans have speculated that "Breathe"
would be dropped as the show opener ever since the song was known to
have been edited out of the main sequence of the upcoming U2 360 Live
at the Rose Bowl DVD.

IMO, the setlist needs major revamping. It's kind of telling when the best performances and among the most memorable songs in the '09 set were two deep cuts (Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet) while most of the "new" material ranged from listless (No Line) to dreadful (Crazy Tonight). I thought it was a welcome sign that many of the old warhorses were pretty much absent in '09, but some of the ones that *were* still in the set like WOWY and SBS sounded even more tired than in previous tours.

The key thing missing from the '09 set was the typical grouping of "dark" songs usually framed around Bullet The Blue Sky that provided a welcome counterbalance to many of the other songs in the set, especially the run near the end of the show leading to the always redemptive explosion of Streets. The '09 set depending on the few wild card songs really had an awkward feel to the way it flowed through 2/3rds of the show imo. Now I'm not saying it's time to drag Bullet back into the set, but U2 has several other songs that could fill the same function, such as Love and Peace or Else, Exit, Seconds, Wire, etc.

Where The Streets Have No Name
Beautiful Day
Magnificent
Desire (full band)
Get On Your Boots
Big Girls Are Best (or) Mysterious Ways
Two Hearts Beat As One
Gloria (or) In Gods Country
No Line On The Horizon
The Unforgettable Fire
Gone (or) Surrender
Kite (or) One Tree Hill
Sunday Bloody Sunday (acoustic)
Love And Peace Or Else
Until The End Of The World
Exit
When I Look At The World (or) Ceders of Lebenon

Vertigo
Lemon (or) The Fly
One
Moment of Surrender

:yikes: at that setlist :yikes:

Big Girls, Surrender, SBS acoustic?

NLOTH and Crazy Tonight are some of the highlights this tour!

BTW, there is a whole section devoted to setlists.

IMO, the setlist needs major revamping. It's kind of telling when the best performances and among the most memorable songs in the '09 set were two deep cuts (Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet) while most of the "new" material ranged from listless (No Line) to dreadful (Crazy Tonight). I thought it was a welcome sign that many of the old warhorses were pretty much absent in '09, but some of the ones that *were* still in the set like WOWY and SBS sounded even more tired than in previous tours.

The key thing missing from the '09 set was the typical grouping of "dark" songs usually framed around Bullet The Blue Sky that provided a welcome counterbalance to many of the other songs in the set, especially the run near the end of the show leading to the always redemptive explosion of Streets. The '09 set depending on the few wild card songs really had an awkward feel to the way it flowed through 2/3rds of the show imo. Now I'm not saying it's time to drag Bullet back into the set, but U2 has several other songs that could fill the same function, such as Love and Peace or Else, Exit, Seconds, Wire, etc.

Where The Streets Have No Name
Beautiful Day
Magnificent
Desire (full band)
Get On Your Boots
Big Girls Are Best (or) Mysterious Ways
Two Hearts Beat As One
Gloria (or) In Gods Country
No Line On The Horizon
The Unforgettable Fire
Gone (or) Surrender
Kite (or) One Tree Hill
Sunday Bloody Sunday (acoustic)
Love And Peace Or Else
Until The End Of The World
Exit
When I Look At The World (or) Ceders of Lebenon

Vertigo
Lemon (or) The Fly
One
Moment of Surrender

Yes for Lemon!

Hmm...interesting, and not a moment too late!
Crowdsourcing sounds like the way to go, U2 need to get in touch with their fans more often in my opinion. :applaud:

:hmm: What song is involved with asking questions? One ("Did I ask too much?") and Zooropa ("What to You Want?") comes to mind.

But they might be more comfortable with "don't expect, suggest".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom