U2 360° Tour - General Tour Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO, the setlist needs major revamping. It's kind of telling when the best performances and among the most memorable songs in the '09 set were two deep cuts (Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet) while most of the "new" material ranged from listless (No Line) to dreadful (Crazy Tonight).

Crazy Tonight; the way they did it live was pretty darn good IMHO.

^ It was. Most of the new material was really great live, my personal highlights being No Line and Crazy Tonight. Crazy just brought the house down.

In terms of oldies, Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet were the best. New material, No Line and Crazy Tonight.

:yikes: at that setlist :yikes:

Big Girls, Surrender, SBS acoustic?

NLOTH and Crazy Tonight are some of the highlights this tour!

BTW, there is a whole section devoted to setlists.

Really scary how often we seem to agree these days. :wink:

I don't EVER wanna hear Surrender live. And SBS acoustic has tortured our ears enough during PoPmart. Judging from the crowd reaction and the opinions I got from every casual fan I know who's seen them last summer, it would be absolutely MORONIC to ditch CT. It was fucking awesome. Period.

Surrender is so good live, its obvious they love the song and it is full of emotion. Maybe its a "you have to experience it" thing for some. It just brings tears to my eyes every time.

Crazy and No Line just should never stop! I would love to hear more new material like Fez. Breathe, Magnificent all great songs live.

Oh another year waiting!

Definitely supporting the continued inclusion of the Crazy remix in future setlists. It's been said before, but...that song KILLED live. They'd have to be insane to remove it.

I wonder if the BD intro is a red herring.. I like the new bit after Bowie but the link to BD seems clunky. Maybe they have rehearsed the real intro to death indoors so it will be a surprise on the night.. I hope so... BD is a bunk into imho.

I wonder if the BD intro is a red herring.. I like the new bit after Bowie but the link to BD seems clunky. Maybe they have rehearsed the real intro to death indoors so it will be a surprise on the night.. I hope so... BD is a bunk into imho.

No offense, but I'd be shocked if you were right. There's too much riding on this show, what with it being Bono's return. It looks like they're already shaking up the setlist - hell, they're even adding one or two BRAND NEW songs - and we all know that (once Bono's crazy ideas get voted down by the other three) U2 is about as risk-averse as they come. In fact, they probably think this new opening IS a risk, so if it doesn't turn up in Friday's show, it's probably because they decided it didn't work, and they'll return to the safety and comfort of last year's opening.

I happen to like the idea of opening with BD. It's always felt like an uplifting, welcoming song - maybe because it's the first track on that album, so I'm used to hearing it that way. From a complete crowd response standpoint (remember there are lots more casual fans at a stadium show), I can't think of a better opener...

I like the Return of the Stingray instrumental song but not for the intro.To me it does not sound right after Space Oddity the way Soon did naturally.Also Soon/Breathe was a much better 1/2 punch than Stingray/Beautiful Day.Although I do think Breathe would be a better song to close out a main set the intro I think would be good would be either Space Oddity/Soon/Magnificent or Space Oddity/Soon/GOYB with that extended intro on either Magnificent or Boots.BTW there is a huge 20 second gap of silence right after Stingray and before BD.I really thinks that kills the shows flow and energy.

I have a feeling that BD was only meant to be the intro to Torino, with the feeling that it fit with them coming back & Bono's return. But we'll find out for sure tomorrow night in Frankfurt....

Can anyone tell me, in wihich song during 1leg did the simbols of all tours come to screen, beacuse id cant remember??

Quick question about tickets. Not sure if this is the place to ask?

Anyways, I need to buy a reserved seat ticket for my mom for the Chicago show. She doesn't want one of the really expensive $250 ones. She said a $95 would do. I checked on ticketmaster and there are some single seat ones left on the first level in the corners of the stadium (facing the stage). Just wondering how these seats are for anyone that's had them? Can you still see good. She doesn't care about being close to the stage. She just wants a good view on the first level.

Here's an idea of the corner seat perspective . . . sorry there's no stage, but maybe you can kinda visualize . . .

126.jpg

117.jpg

Yeah, I see a Bears logo in a few of the pics, and the first one has that weird overhang that I remember. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom