Tweebuffelsmeteenskootmorsdoodgeskietfontein, South Africa Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now it's 51 to 35, 10 minutes left in the third. The skills are deplorable though, yes it's a wee bit wet but that can't be an excuse.

I hope that means Port has kicked a few goals... *L*

I guess Hawthorn's crappy ball skills are less crappy than Port's crappy ball skills?

I hope that means Port has kicked a few goals... *L*

I guess Hawthorn's crappy ball skills are less crappy than Port's crappy ball skills?

Pretty much correct, I've lost count of the turnovers that frequent every minute. Port are still in this, surprisingly, they don't deserve to win it the way they've been playing.

Hold 'em off, Hawks! It'd be just like them to fall over in the last quarter. :grumpy:

I'm gonna head out for a bit of a walk, might be back later :wave:

Eek...

How are things going over there, Ax?

Balzers, Sydney prevailed 89-80.

Things are going well! Charlotte and I watched Porcupine Tree's new live DVD, documenting the last tour ... it's pretty sweet. Love the tracklisting. They'd put all the popular tracks on the DVD of the 2005 tour (i.e. Blackest Eyes, Trains, Lazarus, etc.), so this one has a truckload of fan favourites. Sever, Sleep Of No Dreaming, Drown With Me, and Halo are particularly awesome.

Balzers, Sydney prevailed 89-80.

Things are going well! Charlotte and I watched Porcupine Tree's new live DVD, documenting the last tour ... it's pretty sweet. Love the tracklisting. They'd put all the popular tracks on the DVD of the 2005 tour (i.e. Blackest Eyes, Trains, Lazarus, etc.), so this one has a truckload of fan favourites. Sever, Sleep Of No Dreaming, Drown With Me, and Halo are particularly awesome.

Boo for Shitney. :down:

Yay for PT! :up: Whereabouts was it filmed?

It's weird because 15th actually beat 2nd and ... we have you next week. :happy:

Flame wars FTW!

I found a couple of little lumps on my neck last night, and one of my housemates thinks they're swollen glands. Hooray. Might see if I can get into the doctor's tomorrow, just to make sure.

And I should take myself to bed, since I'm apparently sick and I need to hammer away at Ticketek tomorrow morning, again.

:wave:

Haven't so much as downloaded it yet! Will be doing that when I'm back in Melbourne next month.

You're missing out, since New Zealand in particular has one of the strongest and most vibrant music scenes on the planet (or had, from 1980 to about 1995). As far as the Crowdies go, get yourself Together Alone and the eponymous debut, though perhaps the most emphatic introduction is their live performances. Unpredictable setlists, more intense and reworked versions of songs, improvisations, etc. This tour, they even have a thing on their website where you can request any song from their discography, which has led to them playing some very obscure requests.

This may not mean anything to you Vlad, but it will to the Crowdies fans: out of 12 shows on tour thus far, the band has played a total of 80 songs, including covers and improvisations. Just 5 have been done at every show (Distant Sun, Don't Dream It's Over, Weather With You, Fall At Your Feet, and Saturday Sun). What do you say to There Goes God, Recurring Dream, Kare Kare, Sister Madly, Love This Life, Never Be The Same, Lester, I Feel Possessed, and Everything Is Good For You, just to name a few? I love following their sets.

(Cue predictable Liam comment re: Phish's insane setlist diversity in 3, 2, 1 ... :wink: )

They played 80 songs...at the first THREE gigs. So Crowdies fail.

:) Sanks. Should be done in about half an hour to an hour. Music does help A LOT.

*takes nurofen* I've got a bonus free unexpected day off work tomorrow, and I don't want to spend it feeling headachy and sorry for myself, dammit.

Focus on the positives!

Was walking around on Sunday and saw this... was worth going out in the cold and getting damp!

06062010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom