Things I Hate Part Eleventy Bazillion and One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to "the real world" - back to work tomorrow after a week at Disney World and the beach on Sanibel Island, Florida. I have to look at it as earning more vacation time and more money so I can go again!

I feel the same way right now. We are packing to go home after 5 days in Toronto and we had such a good time here, I'm not ready to go back the real world yet! :angry:

I hate it when I'm the only one left in the totem pole (everybody else either got downsized or quit) to get blamed for a project that apparently have not been functioning for 10 months when more people had been involved. They downsized my department so I've been the only sole developer since December, and they're asking me why didn't anybody else review it and test it?? Oh sorry, did you want me to ask my evil twin to do the job of the people who you had fired?? :doh:

I hate it when I'm the only one left in the totem pole (everybody else either got downsized or quit) to get blamed for a project that apparently have not been functioning for 10 months when more people had been involved. They downsized my department so I've been the only sole developer since December, and they're asking me why didn't anybody else review it and test it?? Oh sorry, did you want me to ask my evil twin to do the job of the people who you had fired?? :doh:

That stinks! :angry:

my company is that stupid too. :angry:

I hate when I am a few minutes into a chat and FB decided that chat is down for maintenence! I don't chat all day....it is like they have a chat detector! Whenever I chat, they sabotage!! :madwife:

i totally hate the phone ring of one of my co-workers... it's this annoying dance-like thing, and every time it rings (like gazillion times in a day!) I have an imagination of this kind of a thing shaking it's booty: :dance: which makes it doube worse! :doh:

^ :lol: . . . I hear ya . . . one of my co-workers is addicted to Whitney Houston ( I know *shudder* ) and her ring tone is of course that bodyguard song :doh: . . . and eye-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi :sad:

the suffering that a dear dear friend is going through . . . breaks.my.heart

^ :lol: . . . I hear ya . . . one of my co-workers is addicted to Whitney Houston ( I know *shudder* ) and her ring tone is of course that bodyguard song :doh: . . . and eye-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-yi :sad:

the suffering that a dear dear friend is going through . . . breaks.my.heart

:doh: horrible too... suck when you can't control other peoples ring tones!

another thing I hate and involves the same co-worker with the horrible ring tone - when she's nervous, she kind of sucks her tooth or something, so this ANNOYING sucking click comes out! but obviously she's nervous all the time... I know I'm not the only one here disturbed by this! No wonder I prefer to wear headphones most of the time!

I'm starting to hate my job. It used to seem like the best job in the world and I thought my boss was the nicest person I'd ever worked for… Now I think she has a problem with me and I always seem to say or do the wrong thing around her. Familiarity breeds contempt, or is she really just getting crazier?

This isn't really a hate -- more of a deep sadness.

A friend (at one time very probably would have qualified as the closest thing I had to a best friend) is drifting away. What we have feels more like a moderately friendly acquaintanceship than a friendship now. He's changing (maybe reverting) -- it's like I don't even know him anymore. I'm not the only one that feels this -- several mutual friends have also noticed this change/distance in him. I miss my friend. :(

A friend (at one time very probably would have qualified as the closest thing I had to a best friend) is drifting away. What we have feels more like a moderately friendly acquaintanceship than a friendship now. He's changing (maybe reverting) -- it's like I don't even know him anymore. I'm not the only one that feels this -- several mutual friends have also noticed this change/distance in him. I miss my friend. :(

i feel ya on that! my best friend was swallowed by the dark forces of his self-discovery (he came out of the closet...) I supported him all the way, but somehow his new world and newly found acquaintances on that world really did swallow him. I have hardly seen him now.. So yeah, this sucks! yet I miss him badly sometimes. our other mutual friends lost him too..
every now and then I think of calling him and asking "what happened to us?", then I'm hoping that maybe he himself will once remember me too! but I'm afraid we have already grown apart too much...
deep sadness is indeed what it should be called...

i'm only 20, but i know what it's like to be quite close to someone and then have it dissipate, and it is very sad.

i'm two years out of high school now, and i still miss it dearly.

today's hate - that my day at the newspaper was not so good today. editors and sub-editors and chiefs of staff are really quite intimidating people.

Familiarity breeds contempt, or is she really just getting crazier?

this :giggle: . . . people are inherently nutty and some, well, there are just no words :hug:

ooooh that is a big ugly ouch, I'm sorry :hug:

deep sadness is indeed what it should be called...

melancholy indeed :(

i'm only 20, but i know what it's like to be quite close to someone and then have it dissipate, and it is very sad.

i'm two years out of high school now, and i still miss it dearly.

today's hate - that my day at the newspaper was not so good today. editors and sub-editors and chiefs of staff are really quite intimidating people.

losing friendships is nasty ~ and intimidating bosses even nastier :angry: ~ the underwear trick really does work ~ specially if you dress em up in the smalls of the opposite sex :lol: . . . hope tomorrow is less harrowing!

< just having days where you feel like your head has been screwed on backwards ~ so many :der: moments today methinks I shall just sport a paperbag headpiece tomorrow :reject:

I have been there too, and it hurts!:hug::hug::hug:

I hope things get better!

Something I hate - or at least dislike intensely...

When you are talking/chatting with someone on 'instant messenger'/facebook messenger... and they just seem to disappear or leave you feeling ignored.

I get it that you have other things to do. I get it that you have other people in your life. I get it that the dog might need walking. I get it that your cat might have jumped on the stove and now dinner AND your cat are on fire...

...just excuse yourself. Simple. "I've gotta run. Catch up with you later." How hard is that?

Just saying.... I hate that. :rant:

- End rant -

Feeling like I'm not doing enough.

I'm t'inking that Purple is right. Do what you can do. You know what you can handle. And that is more than good enough.

< other people's agendas :|

Other peoples agendas can be a pain in the arse... And in the heart.

Something I hate - or at least dislike intensely...

When you are talking/chatting with someone on 'instant messenger'/facebook messenger... and they just seem to disappear or leave you feeling ignored.

I hear you! That is one of my biggest pet peeves.:hug:

Kaf, I agree with the others! You are a great friend, and I am sure you are doing all that you can!:hug::hug:

I'd like to agree with Jeff about the Facebook chat - half the time it shows the person you are chatting with as offline :angry:

I hate that my avatar can't take up the entire screen.... :love:

But really, I hate that even though I've been off of here for over a month, when I click the button to take me to the last post I read in a thread, it takes me to posts from last week. :rant:

ETA: I could've sworn my avatar just winked at me. There's a good chance I'm seeing things....:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom