The Temple Bar ~ Oh God we need a drink of cooool cooool rain!!! UYFA! :eyebrow:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:
I have a link for the new White Stripes, if you'd rather save your money. :shifty:

Oh - and :yawn:

I'm almost tempted to take you up on that offer, since I wasn't too impressed with Get Behind Me Satan. :shifty:

Yeah, I was going to get the Wilburys thing over the weekend and make a copy for my dad, but eh - there's only so much effort I'll put into certain relationships, you know?

I have the first Travelling Wilbury's cd, and I was surprised to read in the past year that it's out of print and people are willing to pay big for it. I suppose now that it's been reissued, I missed the boat.

The Name of the Game

Are we about to start an Abba revival, ala Manilow? :shifty:

I've tried listening to it a bunch of times, hoping to exorcise it, but it's not helping. :scream:

Heh, I just had a mental block there for a sec, and wrote the wrong song title. Maybe that's the key, I should be trying to think about it.

Last edited:
That's how it all started, a few weeks ago we saw that show that ranks Abba's hits, with all the celebrities commenting on their music, interviews with the members, and video clips. It's bizarre, I know Abba are one of those fun, guilty pleasure type bands, but they've never appealed to me at all.

Till now, apparently. :mad:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Ok, why did I get a flag saying content was inappropriate?

I don't need to see video of you in the shower a la American Beauty so early in the morning, Reg.

You're just mad cause I snuck that video camera in the club you were dancing at...:giggle:

And April that's not inappropriate...that's beautiful...:drool:

:wink:

C'mon, you've gotta admit that the whole hair band thing...the images, and everything they stood for is cheesy, even if you do enjoy the music at times (or in your case, all the time - heh).

VintagePunk said:
:wink:

C'mon, you've gotta admit that the whole hair band thing...the images, and everything they stood for is cheesy, even if you do enjoy the music at times (or in your case, all the time - heh).

Winger...Warrant...Slaughter...Bang Tango....bands like that, yes, cheesy.

Mötley, Guns n' Roses, AC/DC....not cheesy....:no: Mötley over the top...:yes:

Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic...:sigh:

And btw, I HATE AC/DC with a passion. Wtf are they doing, even making music? they've essentially recorded the same song over and over for decades. They make me want to claw my eardrums out. :sad:

VintagePunk said:
And btw, I HATE AC/DC with a passion. Wtf are they doing, even making music? they've essentially recorded the same song over and over for decades. They make me want to claw my eardrums out. :sad:

We make a perfect couple...:love:

AC/DC is the 'ONE' constant in the world of Rock...never tried to the New Coke formula...and they're just as pleasing today as they were in 1975...:yes:

Reggie Thee Dog said:

We make a perfect couple...:love:

AC/DC is the 'ONE' constant in the world of Rock...never tried to the New Coke formula...and they're just as pleasing today as they were in 1975...:yes:

I like G'n'R, too bad Axl became a caricature of himself. I like to imagine (and find it amusing to do so) that it was the song One that drove him over the edge. :wink: MC are okay in small doses, but I still put them into the cheese category...but for me, AC/DC is a deal-breaker. :sigh:

Lucky we have so much more in common than that. :sexywink:

Reg will be so disappointed in your disdain for 'Love Hungry Man'. :tsk: One of my faves is 'It's A Long Way To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll' :rockon: bagpipes! :heart:

Back
Top Bottom