The Temple Bar - It's Christmas, Elfa, please come home - UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
could you ask one of your local stores to do a transfer from the big store for you???? just bat your pretty little eyelids and see what happens :wink:

Good plan :up:

I wish! :lol: I'm sure they wouldn't be able to do that. Things are so insane right now, that I'm sure the downtown store wouldn't have the time to do it. It's worth it to ask, though. I might stop by the store again tomorrow and see. You never know. :up:

I wish! :lol: I'm sure they wouldn't be able to do that. Things are so insane right now, that I'm sure the downtown store wouldn't have the time to do it. It's worth it to ask, though. I might stop by the store again tomorrow and see. You never know. :up:

I imagine it would be completely nutso at the moment . . . the olympics will do that for ya :)

good luck though :hug:

I imagine it would be completely nutso at the moment . . . the olympics will do that for ya :)

good luck though :hug:

Thanks! :D

It's going to be SO hard to be productive during these next few weeks. :giggle: There's talk of a live feed of the games being projected in our lunch room. Even MORE distraction! :lol:

I absolutely am! :yes: I got to see the torch go by my office on Monday, and on the 19th is my first event that I'm going to. The atmosphere around here is amazing!! :love:

Somehow I doubt that :wink:

<-- doesn't drink tea or coffee
I.. I don't know what to say :sad:

GO CANADA!!! :cheer:

Go Canada for reals! Apparently we're kicking ass in the "world's most liveable cities" list :hi5:

1. Vancouver, Canada

2. Vienna, Austria

3. Melbourne, Australia

4. Toronto, Canada :love:

5. Calgary, Canada :lol: Yeah, when it's not -25 it's awesome.

Oooh - just got told that our department may be skipping out of work an hour and a half early! :shh: :giggle: There's really not much to do today - all the important stuff that needed to be done is taken care of. Hopefully it will happen! :D

I'll take snow and ice over sticky hotness :)ohmy:) any day of the week at the moment . . . tis more than gross walking around like a little puddle all of the time . . . and don't even get me started on what it does to mah hair :lol:

I was going to ask if you live in Canada but I guess not! :lol:

And yay to having some new join us! :applaud:

*driveby*

So either my last client was hiding an anaconda under the sheets or....... yeah.

:crack:

Ok, back to work, just had to share. :lol:

family day? that's awesome. we don't have anything like that here. family day > presidents' day.

going out tonight???

i was supposed to. obviously i'm still here...and will be all night. i know this sounds cliche, but i'm getting so sick and tired of the dating life. it's really not even worth it any more. i'm much more frustrated than i ever wanted to be. i'm considering taking a break for awhile. a LONG while. at least until my douchebag magnet falls off or something.

Mia!!

Anything you want to share with us regarding the 'dating scene' - anything in particular making you tired of it?

I don't think all the provinces celebrate 'family day' - we do here in Ontario but certain employees are exempt :grumpy:
Is your President's Day this Monday?

Off to watch the opening ceremonies now with my bowl of popcorn! :hyper:

Heck no, Fridays are for sloth! Going out tomorrow. Perhaps Sunday.

Dating? Pff. My douchebag magnet is in full force :lol: That's why I don't date. :down: I live my life and let the decent men come along. The fools make for good stories in the meantime, at least :p

Enjoy the ceremonies, Julie! That sucks, do you have to work on Monday? Boooo!

Mia!!

Anything you want to share with us regarding the 'dating scene' - anything in particular making you tired of it?

Dating? Pff. My douchebag magnet is in full force :lol: That's why I don't date. :down: I live my life and let the decent men come along. The fools make for good stories in the meantime, at least :p

Hellooooooooo ladies! :kiss:

Nothing necessarily in particular. I've been out with a few guys, and...yeah. They all end up being some form of moron. Today was another one. This one though, it turns out has no balls. He showed interest (he's a classmate), you know, the classic flirting, joking, etc., so I asked him out. He said he'd like to go out and that he'd call. He didn't call all week. After class today he asked if I had plans for tonight, I said no, they were open, and asked if he was doing anything. He said he didn't have plans either. But then he asked another classmate (male) who said he didn't have plans either. Right in front of me, he tells the guy he'll give him a call tonight. Then says bye to me and walks away. WTF?

You'd think it'd be easy for him. I was the one who asked him out. All he had to do was set up a time and place, since he had agreed to it. And, we're in chiro school. We've already felt each others' asses, and have seen each other pantless. We're way past the usual formalities here.

I wouldn't have asked him to begin with if he hadn't shown interest. I'm the one he talks to the most in our class.

Meh. Whatev. I suppose it's not really worth getting all heated over. I just felt like telling someone. Catharsis.

Too bad you gotta work on Monday, Julie. Perhaps since it is a holiday, it will be an easy day?

Kaf, be sure to say hi to gramma for me when you go to TO! She is awesome.

Hellooooooooo ladies! :kiss:

Nothing necessarily in particular. I've been out with a few guys, and...yeah. They all end up being some form of moron. Today was another one. This one though, it turns out has no balls. He showed interest (he's a classmate), you know, the classic flirting, joking, etc., so I asked him out. He said he'd like to go out and that he'd call. He didn't call all week. After class today he asked if I had plans for tonight, I said no, they were open, and asked if he was doing anything. He said he didn't have plans either. But then he asked another classmate (male) who said he didn't have plans either. Right in front of me, he tells the guy he'll give him a call tonight. Then says bye to me and walks away. WTF?

You'd think it'd be easy for him. I was the one who asked him out. All he had to do was set up a time and place, since he had agreed to it. And, we're in chiro school. We've already felt each others' asses, and have seen each other pantless. We're way past the usual formalities here.

I wouldn't have asked him to begin with if he hadn't shown interest. I'm the one he talks to the most in our class.

Meh. Whatev. I suppose it's not really worth getting all heated over. I just felt like telling someone. Catharsis.

Too bad you gotta work on Monday, Julie. Perhaps since it is a holiday, it will be an easy day?

Kaf, be sure to say hi to gramma for me when you go to TO! She is awesome.

Wow, his loss. I can't stand guys who lack cojones :no:
Perhaps he was afraid to ask you out because the other guy was there?

I'm like Kaf, I don't date. Just wait for decent ones to come along and since I don't like to leave my house, I'm doomed! :lol:

Actually, no one at my work gets Monday off - I work for the gov't and the PM said we get enough holidays compared to the average worker and really, I have to agree.

Wow, his loss. I can't stand guys who lack cojones :no:
Perhaps he was afraid to ask you out because the other guy was there?

I'm like Kaf, I don't date. Just wait for decent ones to come along and since I don't like to leave my house, I'm doomed! :lol:

Actually, no one at my work gets Monday off - I work for the gov't and the PM said we get enough holidays compared to the average worker and really, I have to agree.

Same here, I'm a big fan of cojones. His loss indeed. If he was afraid, he could've tried calling...like he said he would. But then there's the whole cojones thing again...

I usually don't either, but I thought I'd try to make an effort to meet people here since I was in a new place. I usually am like you two, where I just wait for the decent ones to come along. It appears as if both methods yield the same results for me. :lol:

It sucks though, cause I HAVE NEEDS. But, I do have standards. These tend to conflict.

Thanks for the popcorn suggestion! I just popped a bag and made good use of my squeezable chocolate and peanut butter syrups. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom