The Temple Bar: Don't Step to This ... MUYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I found Pablo Honey.

I'm listening to it now. You was meh. Creep is a good track (I have heard it before).

Yeah, you can more or less skip PH. Creep, stop Whispering and Thinking About You are pretty good. The rest are pretty meh. A lot of people like Blow out, but I think it falls into meh too. I also don't really like The Bends other than a few tunes. But it's see to see where Radiohead came from musically. So there's that.

Yeah, you can more or less skip PH. Creep, stop Whispering and Thinking About You are pretty good. The rest are pretty meh. A lot of people like Blow out, but I think it falls into meh too. I also don't really like The Bends other than a few tunes. But it's see to see where Radiohead came from musically. So there's that.

Interesting, I'm five in and Creep, Stop Whispering, and Thinking About You are my three favorites so far.

The Bends is one of my favorite albums, not just by Radiohead, I mean overall. The only song I really don't like is (Nice Dream).

Anyway, I'm trying to work on writing more for my album. It's a slow process, unfortunately. Most of what I have is bits and pieces, little is complete. But the guys who are going to play on the album are stoked about it and cannot wait for me to finish writing.

1. The Bends
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. Pablo Honey
5. Kid A

Amnesiac is next.

Anyway, I'm trying to work on writing more for my album. It's a slow process, unfortunately. Most of what I have is bits and pieces, little is complete. But the guys who are going to play on the album are stoked about it and cannot wait for me to finish writing.

who are the guys that will be playing? did you have them audition?
are they good enough?

I've only heard one song ("Geraldine"), but I love it and really want to hear more.

Yeah, the rest of the album is along the same lines, though that maybe one of the better ones. It's a very black and white album, if that makes any sense. Not like good bad, like colorwise, it's black and white - very dark but very bright too.

When I saw you were the last poster, I was waiting for this :lol: Beav, if I ever find this album, I promise you, I will immediately purchase it.

It's well worth it.

1. The Bends
2. OK Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. Pablo Honey
5. Kid A

Amnesiac is next.

Man, the past couple of months In Rainbows has surpassed OKC, and I never thought that would happen. The Bends has great moments, but I just don't like it. Maybe I should give it another try, it's been awhile. OKC was my first Radiohead album, so maybe I was just disappointed.

If you don't like Kid A, you are not going to like Amnesiac. It's good, but it's sorta like Kia A B-Sides....well, maybe that's not fair, but I dunno. I like it, but I loved Kid A.

who are the guys that will be playing? did you have them audition?
are they good enough?

No, I simply asked them if they would play.

One is a guitarist who's not as good as I am, he's only been playing for six months. I'll probably just have him do some rhythm guitar.

One is a drummer who just learned how to drum and bought his first drum kit this past weekend. He plays keyboards, too, that might help.

One is a bass guitarist who actually plays in a band and is pretty good.

Man, the past couple of months In Rainbows has surpassed OKC, and I never thought that would happen. The Bends has great moments, but I just don't like it. Maybe I should give it another try, it's been awhile. OKC was my first Radiohead album, so maybe I was just disappointed.

If you don't like Kid A, you are not going to like Amnesiac. It's good, but it's sorta like Kia A B-Sides....well, maybe that's not fair, but I dunno. I like it, but I loved Kid A.

I haven't heard In Rainbows enough yet.

As I've said, the end of OKC loses me. Especially the last three tracks.

I hated Kid A, but feel obligated to listen to Amnesiac.

I now have two totally finished songs: Judgment Day and Throw Down Your Game.

One is a guitarist
who's not as good as I am,
he's only been playing for six months.
I'll probably just have him
do some rhythm guitar.

One is a drummer
who just learned how to drum
and bought his first drum kit this past weekend.
He plays keyboards, too,
that might help.

One is a bass guitarist
who actually plays in a band and
is pretty good.

Dude - get some music for that one and you got 3 songs. This one seems more folksy to me - maybe a light rocker ala: Bryan Adams meets Bob Dylan = Tom Petty = BAM.

I'm pleased with Throw Down Your Game. It's a straight-up rocker with a cool bass line, and the lyrics address a frustration shared by myself and the guitarist (no idea if he'll figure it out).

I'm pleased with Throw Down Your Game. It's a straight-up rocker with a cool bass line, and the lyrics address a frustration shared by myself and the guitarist (no idea if he'll figure it out).

Is it about when you're playing a gameboy and you get to one of those parts where you get pissed and you just want to throw that shit down? Or is like, "Hey, don't be such a tough guy. Chillout. Relax. Chillax. Throw down your game, man. It's cool"?

I just got spam email that said "Slim Down Fast! Lose 20 pounds from your colon."

Um ... if I have 20 pounds in my colon ... um ... I don't even know. I'm still stuck on that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom