The double digit leak thread: Leak Thread 10.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I come back from the 8th one this morning and see a 10th thread! I thought the album had leaked if you guys had so much to talk about :reject:

There was mention of it on the @u2 forum, and then someone (maybe even two people, am not sure) who is a member here said he's heard it on the radio. I think it's the Irish station 2FM (or Today FM?) and the DJ's name was Ian Dempsey or something. His show is on from 7am-9am Thursday morning. Someone could email him to see if it's true :shrug:

Thanks for the update. So really it's just hearsay unless someone emails this DJ. Even if this was advertised a number of days ago, things could have changed (I find it nearly impossible to believe Universal would give this a green light when they would be less than 6 days away from perfectly containing a leak). Count me very skeptical about this.

Thanks for the update. So really it's just hearsay unless someone emails this DJ. Even if this was advertised a number of days ago, things could have changed (I find it nearly impossible to believe Universal would give this a green light when they would be less than 6 days away from perfectly containing a leak). Count me very skeptical about this.

I just emailed him, although it's late in Ireland so I don't expect a reply until tomorrow, if at all.

i actually have a pretty good feeling that this is true. more than one person has reported hearing on the radio that the DJ would be playing tracks off the album on Thursday. while it is hearsay, i would say the chances of this being true are pretty good.

Back when POP came out, I remember hearing album tracks on the local radio 2 weeks out from the release date...and I don't think there was any threat of a leak in those days...so it sounds reasonable...leak or no leak.

I agree, I don't see why playing tracks on the radio would be related to a link or not. Of course once it's on the radio the songs will be all over the net, but the quality will be low and I don't see how this would prevent people from buying the album. Even more so if they only play a few tracks. Just seems like good promotion to me :up:

I agree, I don't see why playing tracks on the radio would be related to a link or not. Of course once it's on the radio the songs will be all over the net, but the quality will be low and I don't see how this would prevent people from buying the album. Even more so if they only play a few tracks. Just seems like good promotion to me :up:

Yeah, I'm sure they did the same with the last two albums...but since I was listening to the leak by then...I didn't care. :evil:

Amen. If I was them id play magnificent, Unknown Caller and Cedars. Peak some interest with the most u2y song, edges best solo, and the quiet reflective lyrical one

I don't think that's the way Universal sees it at all--they stopped Walmart and the other site from playing 30 second clips! I'm usually pretty optimistic about these types of things, but I just don't see how this makes sense (from the record company's perspective).

Please convince me I'm wrong :)

Back when POP came out, I remember hearing album tracks on the local radio 2 weeks out from the release date...and I don't think there was any threat of a leak in those days...so it sounds reasonable...leak or no leak.

Yeah so do I ..I remember one radio station played the whole thing...I uhmmm recorded it of course:reject: But I don't remember when they played the whole thing.

Amen. If I was them id play magnificent, Unknown Caller and Cedars. Peak some interest with the most u2y song, edges best solo, and the quiet reflective lyrical one

YEAH!!! At this point I don't even care if it is the whole thing..I want Magnificent, Unknown caller, Surrender, I'll go crazy..and maybe Fez ..:D

I heard him say that he would have the album on Thursday this morning and then he promised a track later on in the show, and he played NLOTH 2. This happened before the last album as well and I definitly remember him playing Yahweh, COBL and ABOY without hyping up the songs at all.

I'd say that all of the tracks on NLOTH will have been played on both of irelands big radio stations Today FM and 2FM before it is released

If I was an artist, I wouldn't want my fans to have their first listen be poor quality. Which is why i don't understand the logic of a pre-radio release. But then again, look at how excited we were after the beach clips surfaced.

:lol: Yes, you're right. :reject:
I'm studying Law. :up:

Same here! We are going to be colleagues!

Actually, this is my second time around in college. I got my degree in English interpreting back in 2003 and as Im a total masochist I decided to start studying Law last year. (My ma is totally delighted cus she is a lawyer and she also teaches in college).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom