The double digit leak thread: Leak Thread 10.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Fragile Tension
2. Fragile Tension (Instrumental 'Kicks & Screams' Edit by SLAPPER)
3. Fragile Tension (Obsessive Mix by SLAPPER)

That's it! 2 more remixes, nothing else.

ah. ok...anyway..this song isn´t good..so back to NOLTH

Supposedly being the key word.

If you think about it, it doesn't make sense given Universal's success in keeping this thing under wraps. That could have been some type of planned damage control at one point, but now there would be nothing to gain by allowing some DJ to play it early.

Actually, I believe that what we'll hear is the next single and that's it. What's not bad at all.

Actually, I believe that what we'll hear is the next single and that's it. What's not bad at all.

Based on what? Why would they play another single when Boots was just released yesterday?

I'm all for hearing CT or Magnificent, but I refuse to get my hopes up based on Interference telephone.

At this point, if the album were to leak, even LastEdgeOnEarth would know. And then he would send the people he knows to investigate the situation.

I am haunted by those words... I wonder if his 'people' know where I live??

I've been following my kids to school every day just to make sure...

yes, Kiss is fine :applaud::applaud::applaud: and Mitisubish FM is cool to.

ohh i said that i'm to lazy today :doh::doh::doh::doh:

I don't think I ever heard Mitsubishi...

Meh, I've been lazy in the last 4 weeks, in which I was supposed to be going to school. :wink:
Worst part is that it has nothing to do with U2. :D

I really doubt the next single will come out until the album hits. Boots is steady on the radio charts right now and it getting more video play will help a little, and the album hitting + Letterman performances should also help as well. If it doesn't get a bump after March 3 then they might go to the next single, but its not time yet.

Coldplay's album leaked 1 week before release date... so we could get it in th ecoming days. Security must have been similar to NLOTH

Keep in mind that their previous record, X&Y, literally leaked like only a day or two before release, so it certainly can vary. Again, the Bomb was sitting around for months in order to capitalize on Christmas sales which meant the copies were sent out much sooner......this release, on the other hand, was pushed to the earliest possible release date the band could come up with....it's going to be much closer to the wire in getting those CDs in stores before their respective due dates. Therefore, leak = less sooner than most.

As for all the other copies floating around, again, the advance copies are all watermarked so none of the reviewers will take the risk. Giving how popular U2 is and how many copies of this album will be floating around, it's just a matter of time before a leak arrives. Once a few stores are stocked with shipments, it'll start leaking. But since it hasn't leaked yet, I can guarantee that your local Best Buy doesn't have anything in their warehouse at the moment.

Based on what? Why would they play another single when Boots was just released yesterday?

I'm all for hearing CT or Magnificent, but I refuse to get my hopes up based on Interference telephone.

Cause I belive that U2 is doing the same as Coldplay and releasing another single almost at the same time as the album. Now it's when we're supposed to hear the "hit" single of the album.
And even if that's not it, there's the chance that we'll get a next single cause unfortunately, Boots is NOT doing well in charts around the globe. (Something amazing since it is U2's best song since 95, with the exception of Elevation and Levitate.)

I don't think I ever heard Mitsubishi...

Meh, I've been lazy in the last 4 weeks, in which I was supposed to be going to school. :wink:
Worst part is that it has nothing to do with U2. :D

the radio station is new i think :hyper:

:madspit::madspit::madspit:

it's horrible to be lazy and going to school. i can't understand A THING of what they're saying so i start to think about larry U2 :reject::reject:

Keep in mind that their previous record, X&Y, literally leaked like only a day or two before release, so it certainly can vary. Again, the Bomb was sitting around for months in order to capitalize on Christmas sales which meant the copies were sent out much sooner......this release, on the other hand, was pushed to the earliest possible release date the band could come up with....it's going to be much closer to the wire in getting those CDs in stores before their respective due dates. Therefore, leak = less sooner than most.

As for all the other copies floating around, again, the advance copies are all watermarked so none of the reviewers will take the risk. Giving how popular U2 is and how many copies of this album will be floating around, it's just a matter of time before a leak arrives. Once a few stores are stocked with shipments, it'll start leaking. But since it hasn't leaked yet, I can guarantee that your local Best Buy doesn't have anything in their warehouse at the moment.

I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure I had X&Y more than a day or 2 before the release date.

Coldplay's album leaked 1 week before release date... so we could get it in th ecoming days. Security must have been similar to NLOTH

Yeah, I remember that one. We all ransacked Justin Timberlake's forum to find the links to each since no links were allowed on Coldplaying. All the JT fans were :uhoh:

Cause I belive that U2 is doing the same as Coldplay and releasing another single almost at the same time as the album. Now it's when we're supposed to hear the "hit" single of the album.
And even if that's not it, there's the chance that we'll get a next single cause unfortunately, Boots is NOT doing well in charts around the globe. (Something amazing since it is U2's best song since 95, with the exception of Elevation and Levitate.)

They would probably announce this. U2 aren't really big on surprises/innovations when it comes to single releases, etc.

Edit: so was the 19th radio play purely Interference telephone? Is there really nothing to back that up? That would be hilarious.

I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure I had X&Y more than a day or 2 before the release date.

It certainly wasn't a week though and was pretty close to release. I remember it being a Japanese copy that leaked thanks to the earlier retail date.....I even remember a news article or two going into the security of that album and how the label had done a tremendous job. That's probably the best guarded album in recent memory.

it's horrible to be lazy and going to school. i can't understand A THING of what they're saying

Neither do I. :wink:

so i start to think about larry U2 :reject::reject:

Again, those gals. :tsk: :tsk:

They would probably announce this. U2 aren't really big on surprises/innovations when it comes to single releases, etc.

Edit: so was the 19th radio play purely Interference telephone? Is there really nothing to back that up? That would be hilarious.

Well, if I'm right and they're doing the same as Coldplay it would be kinda surprise style, since VLV was released out of the blue if I remember correctly. Well, we'll have to wait to find out. :shrug:
I think there is something to back it up, not sure what. :wink:

There was mention of it on the @u2 forum, and then someone (maybe even two people, am not sure) who is a member here said he's heard it on the radio. I think it's the Irish station 2FM (or Today FM?) and the DJ's name was Ian Dempsey or something. His show is on from 7am-9am Thursday morning. Someone could email him to see if it's true :shrug:

Yeah, I remember that one. We all ransacked Justin Timberlake's forum to find the links to each since no links were allowed on Coldplaying. All the JT fans were :uhoh:
How were the leak threads over there? :hmm:
And did you have any "Why Did Chris Martin LIE About This Being A Long Album???" threads?

Stages of waiting for a NLOTH leak that never comes :(

1. denial: It'll leak any minute now! I know it!
2. anger: WTF it's still not leaked grrrraaaahhhh!!!1
3. bargaining: I'll trade n00ds for a leak!
4. depression: Life sucks without NLOTH :(
5. acceptance: I guess I'm just going to have to wait til release day.

You also forgot sleepiness, horniness and wisdom. (Thank you, Tracy Jordan.)

dunno if somebody posted this:
U2 / No Line on The Horizon
for me its confirmed now that it will be released on the 25th in japan:)

so there is also a possibility that it leaks close to this date.

This post totally brings into doubt your 'connections' with people in Universal. You wouldn't have to see that website to know that NLOTH was coming out in Japan early.

This post totally brings into doubt your 'connections' with people in Universal. You wouldn't have to see that website to know that NLOTH was coming out in Japan early.

trust no one. and i trust nobody at a record company. i´m always try to look around for different sources.

There was mention of it on the @u2 forum, and then someone (maybe even two people, am not sure) who is a member here said he's heard it on the radio. I think it's the Irish station 2FM (or Today FM?) and the DJ's name was Ian Dempsey or something. His show is on from 7am-9am Thursday morning. Someone could email him to see if it's true :shrug:

I've just emailed the show in question (Breakfast Show, Today FM), let's see what happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom