The 2010-2011 NBA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt anybody will trade for him without reasonable assurance of an extension (though they can't theoretically actually negotiate that fact before consummating the trade).

I like Barkley's take last night: Said he was sick of the whole thing and since he's stated all along he wants to play in NY, the Knicks would be stupid to give up that much and should just wait and sign him as a free agent.

I doubt anybody will trade for him without reasonable assurance of an extension (though they can't theoretically actually negotiate that fact before consummating the trade).

I like Barkley's take last night: Said he was sick of the whole thing and since he's stated all along he wants to play in NY, the Knicks would be stupid to give up that much and should just wait and sign him as a free agent.

Yes, exactly. He doesn't make the Knicks a title contender this year anyway (unless maybe Rondo or Garnett go down for the season), so waiting sounds like the most logical course of action.

I think Melo will be a Knick one way or another.

Certainly not a Net. Under the proposed deal NJ is gutted.

I used to be on the wait till free agency band wagon, but the problem is that the system as we currently know wont exist, so there's no guarantee that the Knicks would be able to get him once the new CBA is in place.

There could easily be a franchise tag or a hard cap put into effect.

If they can get him now, get him. Chandler and curry were goners anyways... felton and billups are a virtual wash... randolph blows... so you're pretty much trading melo for either gallo or fields. That's a serious upgrade in either scenario.

Peyton-Hillis.jpg

I dunno.. they have so much in common... it's on the tip of my tongue but I can't tell what it is...

gump said:
I can't adequately express how much I hate Dolan.

Go ahead... give it a shot ;)

I'm just playing dumb about all these reports until I actually see walsh quit or not be brought back and isiah or an isiah lackey take his place.

Until that point i'm just going to believe that these are just reporters with bad sources and/or isiah looking for attention.

"I think we made a very good tactical decision to force (the) Knicks to pay as much as they can," Prokhorov said. "So it's very good, it's very interesting, it's very competitive."

Nice, Nets. Enjoy playing in Newark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom