The 2010-2011 NBA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay on second thought it's a good deal for new jersey... but i'm still TBD.

they gave up a lot... favors could be a stud and that #1 pick will be a lottery pick. toss in harris and utah looks to be just fine. nets get williams, who's a bit of a malcontent and probably isn't going to be too thrilled about getting exiled to new jersey.

interesting... very surprising as well.

Let's not forget that Williams is going to absolutely hate Avery. And he can't sign an extension before the CBA is up.

Crazy shit.

I really hope Deron gets over the immediate shock and is able to settle down and succeed in New Jersey (or Brooklyn, or Russia, or whatever the fuck). I'm sure he will.

Now, namkcur has me excited about the possibility of trading some late first round picks for a good young 2 guard. So, let's go do that shit. Today.

This turns Mikhail Baryshnikov's team into serious contenders in the east...

borat-not-jb.jpg

Crazy shit. They're saying Deron learned about the trade watching Sportcenter. Probably a decent move by the Jazz if Deron was going to leave in 2012 anyway. Get what they could for him now. It creates a log jam at PF with Jefferson, Millsap and now Favors, but the Jazz could have a potentially top-5 draft pick next year. Still, as a Jazz fan it hurts to trade away one of the best PG's in the NBA.

They'll have to give up Millsap or Kirilenko.

These Z-Bo to the Magic for Bass/Richardson rumors are too asinine to comprehend.

It's a gamble for the Nets. But I'm pretty impressed they forced NY to ante up a bit for Carmelo while having this Deron deal in their back pocket ready to go. No leaks before the trade either. The Russian gangster who owns the team isn't a fool.

The Nets will probably try to sell Williams on playing in Brooklyn and using their cap space to bring in a guy like Big Dwight to pair with Lopez.

Headache, where's the big man we need to add to the pic in your signature?

It's a gamble for the Nets. But I'm pretty impressed they forced NY to ante up a bit for Carmelo while having this Deron deal in their back pocket ready to go. No leaks before the trade either. The Russian gangster who owns the team isn't a fool.

You're buying the BS story that this was the deal they were working on all along?
This was a knee jerk reaction to the Knicks landing a future hall of famer (and getting Anthony thrown in as well)...and the Nets got reamed in the deal.
In 2-3 years the Jazz are gonna look like geniuses assuming they don't blow the draft picks on Darko Milicic's 2 less talented (if that were possible)cousins.

The nets and jazz both have pretty much said that this entire deal came together in the last 24 hours. If williams resigns and is able to convince another player to come with him to brooklyn then this will be looked upon as a great day in nets history...

...or williams could bolt in 2012, favors becomes a stud, and the unprotected pick they sent wins the lottery... in which case it would be a disaster of epic proportions, and one of the worst trades in basketball history.

Meanwhile, I feel like i'm watching derek harper out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom