The 2010-2011 NBA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron-Wade-web.jpg

rajon-rondo-dunk-bosh1_display_image.jpg

how quick the knicks are able to mesh will be very interesting... it's much easier to put teams together and mesh in the off-season when you have a ton of time to prepare (unless, of course, you're the miami heat) than it is dead smack in the middle of a playoff run.

the good news of course is that it should be easier to mesh offensively than it is defensively (again, unless you're the miami heat).

all i know is this... the garden will be rocking come Wednesday night.

The other good news is now Carmelo gets 41 nights a season to sucker punch a guy and backpedal out of MSG.

I wish I could afford a ticket to go to the Garden tomorrow. MSG network it will be.

I'm very excited about getting Melo. Getting Brewer from Minny also sweetens the deal (I thought Mozgov had potential, but oh well). I'm sad to see Felton and Gallo go, but I can't help thinking that Felton's great year was a product of d'Antoni's system. I hope he will manage to get the rest of the guys playing well pretty soon (not sure how Billups will do in d'Antoni's offence). Plus, we kept Fields.

Chauncey is going to tear NYC up. That guy was built for that place.

i am thrilled with chauncey billups. he's the second best player in this entire trade, and the knicks got him too.

the whole "billups can't play d'antoni's style" argument is just strange to me. every point guard has done better under d'antoni. every one. billups is a better player than felton. felton was wearing down this season and the knicks had been suffering of late, largely due to that. billups is also a much much better shooter, which should make the pick & roll that much more dangerous. he's also a clutch, hard-nosed motherfucker.

end of the day... knicks have two of the top 10 players in the league, 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league, and they're both under 30.

As bad as Amare's legs are he remains a long term question mark for me. On paper, it looks great, but I'd always be a little concerned in the back of my mind.

Certainly. In my mind, the Knicks should hedge their bets around Melo/Amare and build the cast around them over trying to go the Heat route and grab that third man (Williams, Howard, Paul). They're lucky in that they think they can get 40-42 minutes a night out of Bosh/LeBron/Diane (maybe), but that can't jive with Amare over a period of time.

I'm not excited about the possibility of the Knicks creeping up to the 5th spot and matching up with the Magic. Fuck. On top of that, here's another team that'll leapfrog us in the pecking order of the East in another season or so.

the second happiest man on the planet today, after earl barron, is david stern.

he's now got legit teams that are or are close to being title contenders in LA, Boston, Chicago, Miami, Dallas and New York. He's got a budding superstar on the clippers. He's got small market title contenders in San Antonio, Orlando and Oklahoma City.

all just in time for the new CBA. An adjusted cap, combined with a franchise tag, will help curtail salaries and probably help to keep players in smaller markets from here on out... which will be good all around for the league... but won't damage the big market teams that are already locked in for potential title runs over the next 5 years.

Chauncey is going to tear NYC up. That guy was built for that place.

I agree. His age is the only downside, he's a much better player than Felton could ever dream of being...those lamenting the loss of Felton will soon forget him. I also think his presence will help the Knicks gel quicker...a lineup that features Stoudemire, Anthony and Billups is gonna be pretty good.

6'11" guy dunking beside another 6'11" guy not nearly as impressive as 6'0" guy dunking over a 6'11" guy.

But the photo doesn't do Bosh's vaunted defensive effort justice, video tells the story better...

YouTube - Rajon Rondo dunks over Chris Bosh

Aww cmon now this was supposed to be a picture fight, without the words/videos.

Now, What I got from your last picture was "Bosh sucks at defense". To which I didn't go and get a picture of a Bosh defensive play because I wouldn't argue that. But... I did get an image of Bosh on the other end of the court.

You're just no fun :(

Oops, I used a smiley.

I agree. His age is the only downside, he's a much better player than Felton could ever dream of being...those lamenting the loss of Felton will soon forget him. I also think his presence will help the Knicks gel quicker...a lineup that features Stoudemire, Anthony and Billups is gonna be pretty good.

Billups is a great fit right now. And Paul or Deron Williams are still on the Knicks' radar for later.

Bosh is a beyotch.

Meanwhile, Joakim makes his return tomorrow. And I am fucking thrilled about it.

Hey GAF. The Bulls just traded James Johnson to the Raptors for Miami's 1st this year(which the Raptors own from the Bosh deal). It's a late first-rounder, but we now have 3 Million in cap space, and there's speculation, the pick might be packaged with our pick and possibly the Charlotte pick to acquire a SG, salary-to-be-absorbed, to fill our SG hole. And JJ wasn't playing at all, so I thin it's a good deal.

Yeah, too bad about JJ. The whole thing did not work for him, at all. I hope he does well in Toronto. (Although, let's be real, who can really do that well in Toronto?)

Do you have any idea who some of the names would be for that potential shooting guard? I'd be cool with trading picks for somebody, but I haven't heard any of the rumors, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom