Temple Bar: Beav and Elfa's Excellent NY Adventure...MUYFA!?!?!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
enjoy ashley!

bri - i'm doing awesome stuff like kinematics, vectors, force, friction, etc. can you send the ninja out here when s/he's done with your prof?

i just finished the hw. i started at 7:30. it is now 1am. phuck physics.

You're studying physics? :( I'm jealous. I just watched this show on Light, fucking amazing shit. Mathematics is like a whole nother language. It's poetic.

i normally beg for some abstract, esoteric wildness in my life. but...i dunno...when it comes to this physics crap, i couldn't care less. acceleration, velocity, fuck it, i don't care. perhaps bc this is more of a basic foundation, and i'm sure the cool stuff happens later. i don't get to go beyond this course though. WHY it is a prerequisite i've no fuckin clue, but it is. this semester sucks the ass anyway. all the cool shit starts in the spring. and it just gets cooler from there.

I wouldn't want to write the physics equations, per se, but I'd like to know how to read them. It's an awesome way to express things. You're actually saying WHAT THEY ARE. That's amazing. Pay attention, Maya. It's good shit. :angry: Probably not so fun when you're in there....but worth knowing.

I just watched the all i want is you video - can someone tell me WTF happened? Midget falls, flies, dies - oh wait - no he didn't - she did - what? - how? I dunno. Must be some weird quantum physics thing.

i normally beg for some abstract, esoteric wildness in my life. but...i dunno...when it comes to this physics crap, i couldn't care less. acceleration, velocity, fuck it, i don't care. perhaps bc this is more of a basic foundation, and i'm sure the cool stuff happens later. i don't get to go beyond this course though. WHY it is a prerequisite i've no fuckin clue, but it is. this semester sucks the ass anyway. all the cool shit starts in the spring. and it just gets cooler from there.

If you're just doing basic vector shit and stuff, I still remember ( :uhoh: ) some of those good times, so I hearby offer my brain, to aid you in the future- whatever good or evil it can provide.

Also, physics problems can be notoriously evil for being simple, but still taking forever to get through the whole process.

Learning about black holes and shit, now that will warp your mind.

And what is this a prereq for?

I'm late to the party, but...

:hyper: very cool - I had my first Milestones experience with Sharon - candy apple martinis and talking for hours :drool:

You girls will have a lot of fun...wish I was gonna be there :jealous: <----see, you were right :angry:

Those martinis were delicious! :drool:

Wish you could come chill with us! You definitely need to make another stop in Van city some day! :yes:

I wouldn't want to write the physics equations, per se, but I'd like to know how to read them. It's an awesome way to express things. You're actually saying WHAT THEY ARE. That's amazing. Pay attention, Maya. It's good shit. :angry: Probably not so fun when you're in there....but worth knowing.

I just watched the all i want is you video - can someone tell me WTF happened? Midget falls, flies, dies - oh wait - no he didn't - she did - what? - how? I dunno. Must be some weird quantum physics thing.

Your existence, in simplified terms, is mass, friction, gravity, velocity, time.

:happy:

If you're just doing basic vector shit and stuff, I still remember ( :uhoh: ) some of those good times, so I hearby offer my brain, to aid you in the future- whatever good or evil it can provide.

Also, physics problems can be notoriously evil for being simple, but still taking forever to get through the whole process.

What are you going to be when you grow up? I like black holes - I like anything that can bend spacetime. I think it's awesome that we think we're so advanced and shit, but we still don't fully know what light is. LOL PWND! 100 years ago they thought physics was done. Fascinating.

why thankya!!! i'll remember that ;)

and yes that is what takes them so fucking long. you have equation a to solve the overall problem. but to get variable x you need to do equation b, but to get variable y in equation b, you need to do equation c. FUCK FYSICS!!!

it's a prerequisite for my doctorate in chiropractic. im taking it in addition to the regular courseload. i hear this is the worst semester of the whole 4 years though. so if i can get through this i'm golden.

What are you going to be when you grow up? I like black holes - I like anything that can bend spacetime. I think it's awesome that we think we're so advanced and shit, but we still don't fully know what light is. LOL PWND! 100 years ago they thought physics was done. Fascinating.

see, THAT kinda shit i like. time-space continuum = sexy good times. especially when there's a rip, and 2 objects exist in the same plane at the same time. :drool:

Please note, comments on LDH are of a humourous nature

What are you going to be when you grow up?

A wizard.

I like black holes - I like anything that can bend spacetime. I think it's awesome that we think we're so advanced and shit, but we still don't fully know what light is. LOL PWND! 100 years ago they thought physics was done. Fascinating.

Hell, we still don't know what matter is. And I look forward to the inevitable end of the world brought on by the LDH, if we suddenly just pop out of existence via that bubble theory thing, I hope my last thoughts are : Well shit, didn't think this would happen.

I enjoy all the time travel paradoxes and stuff. Though I'm pretty sure I still don't grasp wtf they are talking about.

I sorta miss doing mathy stuff - this is my second year, I think (ha, irony, I cant even count now) without a course that requires those mad skillz.

A wizard.

Hell, we still don't know what matter is. And I look forward to the inevitable end of the world brought on by the LDH, if we suddenly just pop out of existence via that bubble theory thing, I hope my last thoughts are : Well shit, didn't think this would happen.

I enjoy all the time travel paradoxes and stuff. Though I'm pretty sure I still don't grasp wtf they are talking about.

I sorta miss doing mathy stuff - this is my second year, I think (ha, irony, I cant even count now) without a course that requires those mad skillz.

what program are you in, Bri?

time travel is friggin WILD! i can't think of the proper terms, so excuse my Mianese, but i've always been under the thought that perhaps other timelines exist. like, say you go back 5 years, but you affect THAT timeline that you just traveled to, and when you return to your original timeline (if you're that lucky!), it remains unaffected. however that new timeline has been altered.

...i think that was from dragonball z, upon retrospect.

why thankya!!! i'll remember that ;)

and yes that is what takes them so fucking long. you have equation a to solve the overall problem. but to get variable x you need to do equation b, but to get variable y in equation b, you need to do equation c. FUCK FYSICS!!!

Oh, how I recall those good times. :banghead:

it's a prerequisite for my doctorate in chiropractic. im taking it in addition to the regular courseload. i hear this is the worst semester of the whole 4 years though. so if i can get through this i'm golden.

Orly?

Well, it seems weird, but I know it's fairly common that medical field related stuff seems to want you to have had at least intro physics. Now whether this is just to ensure a solid, rounded science background or because they just like to laugh manically with glee at the torture it induces, I'm not sure.

I guess understanding the nature of forces and tension and stuff is relevent. And while you won't ever drop everything and start scribbling physics equations on a notepad, i suppose it gives a better foundation to understanding certain processes or like things a computer would usually handle...

And you'll so kick it's ass. It wears pants. It can't match you.

Oh, how I recall those good times. :banghead:

Orly?

Well, it seems weird, but I know it's fairly common that medical field related stuff seems to want you to have had at least intro physics. Now whether this is just to ensure a solid, rounded science background or because they just like to laugh manically with glee at the torture it induces, I'm not sure.

I guess understanding the nature of forces and tension and stuff is relevent. And while you won't ever drop everything and start scribbling physics equations on a notepad, i suppose it gives a better foundation to understanding certain processes or like things a computer would usually handle...

And you'll so kick it's ass. It wears pants. It can't match you.

i think it's to laugh at us, really. my friend is in dental school and like me he had some prereqs to do bc he also came from an education Master's program. we're never gonna need it. but if we wanna boost our egos at wine parties we can just bust out a momentum conversation and steal some hearts.

mia!
hump.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom