*Spoilers* - Rehearsals in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys just plugged my phone on car! The last song after streets was I still haven't found what I'm looking for! It was the closer tonight!

Thanks for your efforts :up:

So..

SOI - 7
JT - 4
Achtung - 3
Atyclb/Bomb/Boy/War / B-Sides/Non-Album - 1

Safe to assume I think there'll be a few more songs that will slot into the first 9, plus after the main set.

Thanks all for all the thanks:) I'm so sorry I couldn't really reply much my phone was literally stuck at 1% for the longest time until it finally died in streets! Very short set! I assume the intermission was just before invisible! But it was only 3-5 min long and sounded like it could be a video montage! Lots of random stuff! Iris sounded amazing and troubles started with hands! Bullet to hands snippet then to troubles was awesome! Troubles had a girl singing likki li probably was her but pre recorded I'm guessing! Uteotw had an awesome but short ending I never heard before! Sbs was semi acoustic! Not very many acoustic songs. Ebw was acoustic as well.

Near the end of the show I snack behind the barricades and looked inside the stadium. There were curtains blocking the view of the stage but when the stage lights went up you could see a bit! Streets was epic! The lights were great!

No problem! You know iris and sfs don't do much for me in the album but iris really stood out tonight! My opinion of course but it was a lot better then the album version! And iwf had the "your eyes paint a circle part" and streets had a snippet of a song I've never heard before but it was beautiful what ever it was!

The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Cedarwood Road
Song For Someone
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Raised By Wolves
Until The End Of The World
Invisible
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
The Sweetest Thing
Every Breaking Wave
Bullet The Blue Sky
The Hands That Built America (snippet)/The Troubles
With Or Without You
Beautiful Day
Where The Streets Have No Name

....I guess we're missing the encore here, possibly 3-4 songs wrapping it up to a respectable U2 live set. I think there are a maximum of 5 slots in the second part of the show that can change and that will be about it...

Where is

VOLCANO?

CALIFORNIA?

SLEEP?

On first listen to the new album, Sleep was instantly my favourite. Dark brooding and menacing, I instantly knew it would join the pantheon of Acrobat and RHMT as a song never played live.

I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Meeeeeee too, and I had the same thought. I love it.

The best has been hidden, I am sure.

I'm hoping this is the case. I'd really love to see TCB surface. And of course, you know. Acrobat. Exit. All that.

Given that I'm not particularly excited about most of the war horses they're apparently going to be playing, and disappointed at the lack of TUF/JT material, I actually think I'm most looking forward to hear the new songs. U2 songs are always improved in concert, and live stuff is pretty much all I listen to when I listen to U2, so giving these songs new life in their natural element is tantamount to getting a new version of the record as far as I'm concerned. So yeah, the new songs, and seeing what they're doing with the stage/lighting is what I'm most psyched for this time around.

Where's "This is where you can reach me now" , and "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight"? Wasted opportunities if those songs don't show up on this tour. TIWYCRMN particularly, it would even make a great opener.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom