SPOILER - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part II - SPOILER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ surely eastlink can't be being less than honest can they?

Luckily, many other people disagree

Otherwise I wouldn't bother posting here anymore

Edit:

Don't know if this has been already posted. Yesterday broadcast (sapnish tv1 announces for sunday another special, and they sponsor the tour here)

There is an incomplete 1.30 min with subtitles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8PHfcSLrmQ

And this, unfortunately with a voice over bono

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZWDEaggzDY

Let's hope in the next days a long subttled interview surfaces (they broadcasted both)

If they have a rehearsal room, that adds a whole 'nother element of opportunity for songs to be getting chances before they try them on the big stage.

I'm guessing if they're doing an acoustic set, that's probably in the rehearsal room still.

I think they mentioned the acoustic set in that recent "U2: Access All Areas" article, so...yeah, you're probably right. I was wondering why we hadn't heard any info on those songs yet...

That also would support my theory that they're playing Electrical Storm acoustically, which is why there's a video but no reports of it from the stage rehearsals.

all the band rehearsals (at least the ones "outdoors") have been during dark time in order to test visuals etc. The schedule is always the same. Band arrives 4 to 6 PM, then for couple of hours techs set everything up and test some sounds, and band starts actual rehearsal about 9PM.

It is very possible that actual band members are present during the "testing process" and it is very likely the ES bit is from that segment. Some testing has been reported for other songs like Gone, but just few seconds as a part of the tuning guitars routine. I personally wouldn't take that as an indicator.

It was reported in local media that they had that private room, but a source from the stadium told me that room was not reserved for them at all so who knows... what it is absolutely sure is that they rehearsed A LOT before coming to Barcelona, you can clearly say that judging from the sounds from 1st rehearsal day.

for now (eastlink messages, not himself, so keep doubting on the 2nd for now) :

crazy
sometimes

If God will send his angels (needs confirmation)
Drowning man
Sometimes you can make it on your own
(fragment of) Sometimes you can make it on your own attached to Bad (incomplete)
Walk on
Walk on (instrumental) ...

SYCMIOYO :down:
IGWSHA :drool:

It's cool to think that a lot of the songs that they're rehearsing now won't pop up until later in the tour. Remember how "Kite" didn't appear until part way through the Elevation tour? Same phenomenon...

Eastlink post:

If God will send his angels (pendiente de confirmar/to be confirmed) / Drowning man / Sometimes you can make it on your own / (fragmento de/fragment of) Sometimes you can make it on your own enlazada/connected to Bad (incompleta) / Walk on / Walk on (instrumental) / discurso/speech Desmond Tutu / The unforgettable fire (desde la mitad/from the middle) Vertigo / City of blinding ligths / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix) ...

I was going to make a point by editing a fake setlist into the image of the soundboard from the other day (it can't be too hard to do), but then I opened the image and realized that it is still in a camera's RGB profile, which makes me think that there's a much lower chance that it was photoshopped.

I really doubt that image of the setlist over the mixer is fake. I found it on a pro sound forum where the poster was a u2 crew member showing off the new tech for the tour and explaining the sound equipment. He took the pictures for the board to see. I don't see why he would have photoshopped a fake setlist into a phot that was meant to go on a site where people could care less about the set.

Just realised UV slipped in there too now

If God will send his angels (pendiente de confirmar) / Drowning man / Sometimes you can make it on your own / (fragmento de) Sometimes you can make it on your own enlazada con Bad (incompleta) / Walk on / Walk on (instrumental) / discurso Desmond Tutu / Ultraviolet / Where the streets have no name / unos acordes de bajo que sonaban a Seconds / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix)/ Pride (in the name of love)

:drool:

If God will send his angels (pendiente de confirmar) / Drowning man / Sometimes you can make it on your own / (fragmento de) Sometimes you can make it on your own enlazada con Bad (incompleta) / Walk on / Walk on (instrumental) / discurso Desmond Tutu / Ultraviolet / Where the streets have no name / unos acordes de bajo que sonaban a Seconds/ Some bass sounds that reminded SECONDS / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix)/ Pride (in the name of love)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom