SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could live without hearing "One", "COBY" or "Angel of Harlem". SBS wasn't the same last tour (acoustic), so hearing it again would be okay. I'm looking forward to the unveiling of "Exit" and "One Tree Hill". Would also love to hear "Gloria" and "40" to close the set.
I'll be happy no matter what they play though. I just love going to U2 shows. Wouldn't it be great to not work this summer and just follow them all over the place?

Yes.... Yes it would! If I won the lotto tomorrow that's exactly what I would be doing. And while I'm at it I would spend a few days on each location as a tourist! But alas I hardly ever win a free ticket or free play so I am not holding onto any hope that tomorrow I will win the lotto lol.

Although I might get sick and tired of u2 if I saw every single show lol so I would probably skip a few shows and maybe attend 2 per month or some like that.
I am seeing the shows in 3 week intervals. Such is the benefits of living on the right continent.

Yeah, you don't get short sections with Bono's vocals if he's not actually there.

Really thought Bono would be resting his voice today.

Probably why they are short sections...testing the mic levels and such. It obviously would be pretty careless for him to actually sing through an entire run-through tonight.

I can't wait. Definitely going to be tuning in on periscope tomorrow night, despite being three hours ahead of Vancouver time.

22 songs. same as opening night on 360, actually.

2017 is 20 minutes shorter than 2009, despite the same song count.

Very 80s but yes. But U2 didn't tour in the 80s. Not anywhere below the equator.

2 trips down under.

100% agree man, can't understand why everyone is finding something to whinge about :shrug:

I really like 90 minutes of the current show the 6 times I heard it outside the venue. Encore is a mess beyond BD/new song/One, the opening feels like an afterthought(Wish they do ASOH to open, like they tried last week) and AFAIK, the show is 20 minutes shorter than the last 3 tour opening nights.

Probably why they are short sections...testing the mic levels and such. It obviously would be pretty careless for him to actually sing through an entire run-through tonight.

It was more like they were working through a couple sections of the songs IMO. The volume was decent level. Then it got quiet, we sat down to supper shortly after and haven't heard anything discernable since.

Not sure what it means.

#nosuchthingaslovetown

Just more roo tape leaks. See the distorted reds? Thats roo Adam and Koala Boano fighting it out. That festival U2 are playing in TN in June? Thats named that way so all fans forget about the roo tapes. Wiped from memory. Year Zero history.

Quoting yourself to have something to reply to & boost post count? Sure, ok.

Anything to get the word out about the non existent tour in the non existent Pacific.

I'm hearing a drum solo now. Seriously

Kevin-Winter-Getty-Images.jpg

Tommy is on board and Bono knows it!

Will Edge bring back the suspenders?

I wonder if a snarky fan wear an arm sling by the rail while holding a sign that says "extra arm sling if band member falls off stage opening night"

Did he ever really play guitar on 360 for example? Never sounded like it was plugged in for real.

Back
Top Bottom